PDA

View Full Version : BRP pissed me off big time now!

Magic Man
06-11-2009, 12:45 PM
OK, so besides being a guy who makes Spyder products I AM A GREAT BRP CUSTOMER, and their most recent ad campaign has got me so mad I can't see straight! :gaah:

I have for a number of years now purchased numerous new BRP products every year.

Here's a short list of the last few although I have been riding BRP poroducts since 89.

2006 RXT Sea-Doo
2007 GTI Sea-Doo
2008 Spyder SM
2008 Spyder SE
2008 RXT-X Sea-Doo
2009 RXT-IS Sea-Doo Just purchased it
2010 RT already on order with Dealer no matter the cost or color.

As you can see I spent some big coin with BRP just in the last 3 years alone,not to mention the long list that would take forever to write down since 89.

So here is what has my panties in a wad. :shocked:

BRP has a promotion going on their personal watercraft right now.

Here is a link to the AD on their site.

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/promotions

It is a really good deal for people and inasmuch a very good thing EXCEPT....

The only two machines that this promotion DOES NOT INCLUDE is the only machine they choose to use in the ad!

Now why being they have tons of other models that ARE INCLUDED would you use a picture of one of only two machines that ARE NOT INCLUDED is just plain misleading and BS!

I'm not stupid and I had to blow up the ad 150% TO READ THE FINE PRINT AT THE BOTTOM SAYING THAT EVEN THOUGH THIS MACHINE IS PICTURED IN THE AD, IT IS NOT COVERED IN THIS PROMOTION!

I am not mad because this machine is not included because as a businessman I fully understand you can't always include everything everytime in a special offer.

However, why would you only show the machine that IS NOT INCLUDED in the ad and not use one that was? I fully believe this is a clear case of bait and switch 100%.

It is no different than me running and "Exhaust Sale" and having the ad show a picture of a Micron muffler. Than have the fine print at the bottom saying sale does not include Micron mufflers.

This one has tweeked me up big time! I don't normally do this, but I am going to file a formal complaint with the NYSAG's office as this is just plain wrong.

Now that that is off my chest we'll see what happens when I get the paper work filed.

MM

ataDude
06-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Simmer down, big boy. Don't blow a fuse... or your blood pressure... over something like this.

BTW... did you find the stuff in the garage yet?

Dudley
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't think the intent is to point out a specific product, but rather show a water craft and the fun one can have if they owned one. The general public would probably not know one from another, but would just see the water craft slicing through the water, and it looked like fun.

NautiBrit
06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
It also says "MAY BENEFIT". So the dealer may or may not pass on the savings? I'm guessing that if you don't mention the ad, you won't get a benefit.:lecturef_smilie:

Magic Man
06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't think the intent is to point out a specific product, but rather show a water craft and the fun one can have if they owned one. The general public would probably not know one from another, but would just see the water craft slicing through the water, and it looked like fun.

So being this is on all 07, 08, and 09 models (over 33 models) why out of all 33 models that are covered would you pick one of only 2 that aren't to use in the photo.

I just don't buy it! Nether would any of you if I ran an ad for and exhaust sale and showed the only one that was not in the sale in my ad trying to use the same lame excuse.

The NYSAG"s office was "very interested" in this complaint when I talked to the person on the phone and they went to the web site and saw it themselves.

We'll see what's what once they get the paper work I just down loaded filled out.

MM

vt228
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
So being this is on all 07, 08, and 09 models (over 33 models) why out of all 33 models that are covered would you pick one of only 2 that aren't to use in the photo.

I just don't buy it! Nether would any of you if I ran an ad for and exhaust sale and showed the only one that was not in the sale in my ad trying to use the same lame excuse.

The NYSAG"s office was "very interested" in this complaint when I talked to the person on the phone and they went to the web site and saw it themselves.

We'll see what's what once they get the paper work I just down loaded filled out.

MM

they shook the MM bee hive and a lot of pain going to hit the fan lol mm we all are with you :agree:. I have .

07 skydo snow mobile have 2
07 skydo jetsky have 2
08 quard for hunting have 1
08 spyder have 1
im with you mm its not right to put one thing on a sight then put in little little print so we all get miss led with you all the way......vt228:agree:

2spyders
06-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I've noticed that same thing on car commercials for rebates, financing, etc. They'll show the most popular or desirable models, but the fine print says those aren't included in the deal.:gaah:

M2Wild
06-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I think by the time I looked at the ad .... they changed it. Now I see a red GTI in there ..... I could only imagine its a pair of Xers in there before.

Magic Man
06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I think by the time I looked at the ad .... they changed it. Now I see a red GTI in there ..... I could only imagine its a pair of Xers in there before.

I just looked at the link again and in the lower left corner of the ad for the personal watercraft it is a GTX-IS coming straight at you.

MM<

Smylinacha
06-13-2009, 08:19 AM
False advertising. Don't blame ya, I'd be mad too!

Firefly
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Darn Canadians--- ! :joke:

It *could* be a simple matter of the web geek that made the page doesn't know a Sea-Doo from a blender and he used the newest available pics.

Could be.

krb1945
07-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Like the others have said don't blow a gasket, vein or artery. Stay Cool... but having said this... I agree with you, it is misleading and even though they did disclose it was not included they put it in such fine print you had to blow it up 150 percent to read it. Therefore, in my over-the-hill opinion it should be considered "false" advertising. But it won't be.

This is one of the reasons that many of us choose to search for alternate parts or solutions to repair or correct their engineering foobars.

Have a super Sunday.

carbolic
07-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I just looked at the link again and in the lower left corner of the ad for the personal watercraft it is a GTX-IS coming straight at you.

MM<

MM-Success in business is ALWAYS in the details and so I commend your concerns! Keep up the good work but try to limit the degree of visceral response next time. People who get riled up too often find that they cannot talk with a breathing tube in their windpipe ;)

Roaddog2
07-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Darn Canadians--- ! :joke:

It *could* be a simple matter of the web geek that made the page doesn't know a Sea-Doo from a blender and he used the newest available pics.

Could be.:roflblack: Is that why my blender keeps going into limp mode :thumbup: