PDA

View Full Version : Rally Edition passenger seat question

cueman
12-12-2018, 11:23 AM
I read where the Rally Mode will not engage when rear pegs are down. Is there a plug and play electrical cord attached to the passenger seat to make this happen? Thanks, cueman

Chupaca
12-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Could be much like the passanger switch under the seat on all other models. Time will tell but I would think they are doings this for some safety reason and are not recommending ryding ralley with a passenger...:dontknow: but then I do all the hairbrained stuff when alone not putting anyone at risk for my foolishness...:thumbup: you can probably give your passenger a thrill even without the ralley mode....

Grandpot
12-12-2018, 12:32 PM
The feedback from the peg switches most likely are part of the control for the VSS and ABS systems to allow for the weight of a passenger. May not be a good idea to mess with it.

cueman
12-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Thanks Folks, I don’t want to mess with it, I never had a Can Am before, except in a boat, and wondered if it was plug and play. :chat: cueman

Markubis
12-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Interesting...I never thought of that, but it makes a lot of sense.

Jsmith8695
12-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Per the manual, there is a magnetic switch in the left foot peg that activates when the peg is lowered. This tells the VSS system to change settings due to the extra weight and altered center of gravity. You are correct that sport mode and rally mode are not available with a passenger on board (don't want to tip or through someone off the bike)
:.

canamjhb
12-31-2018, 09:19 PM
BRP has a long track record of electrically altering vehicle performance based upon various inputs. Back in 2012, I bought a CanAm Commander side by side. It came with 2 keys. One was the "standard" and the other was the "performance" key. The standard key limited power output to about 60% and throttle sensitivity was greatly reduced. The performance key restored power but still had throttle sensitivity reduced. The elimination of sensitivity was important in order to maintain control when doing rock climbing. Bouncing around when going up and down rocks was made a lot easier and safer by not having a jerkey throttle. Then there was a switch that put the vehicle into "sport" mode which overrode everything and gave full response and power. In addition, there was a feature that limited speed to 12MPH if the seat belt was not fastened.

Point is, BRP has been electronically adjusting vehicle performance based upon various input criteria for a long time. I found that my riding expertise increased dramatically after learning how to properly deal with different bike settings based upon how the vehicle is being used/loaded ..... Jim