PDA

View Full Version : Ride-On - how good is it?

pathfinderjoe
06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm considering injecting Ride-On into my tires before I take off on an extended trip. I Looking for comments from ryders that have used this product. How good is it? Has anyone used this product in conjunction with nitrogen?

Dudley
06-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm considering injecting Ride-On into my tires before I take off on an extended trip. I Looking for comments from ryders that have used this product. How good is it? Has anyone used this product in conjunction with nitrogen?

I have had it in my tires since January. Lamont has had some in his for even longer. Takes up a lot less room than a 12V air pump. It works as advertised. Have not had any punctures yet, but the tires don't lose air, it micro balances the tires, does not dry out, etc. Gives us more peace of mind when we ride. Wouldn't leave home without it. Never have put nitrogen in tires. Air is free and works just fine.

effgjamis
06-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Me too.... :agree:...
For your info... get the Auto package... as the mtrcycle package does not have enough stuff. ( they think of 2 wheels ) WE think in 3's and car type tires.

And don't forget to Mention " LaMonster " for your discount...

sabunim5
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Money well spent. Have it in my 2 and 3 wheeler tires. One of my 2 wheeler tires got a big screw in it about 10 months ago and RideOn has kept me from having to buy a new tire. :2thumbs:

Firefly
06-11-2009, 10:11 AM
So do most of you remove the wheel weights when you put this in- or just leave them on? Does it really matter much?

Bersquack
06-11-2009, 10:57 AM
So do most of you remove the wheel weights when you put this in- or just leave them on? Does it really matter much?

I left it on, just jacked the wheel before putting it on though, but I'm not sure it matters.

You know, for the price, it buys a lot of peace of mind. I'm glad I did.

M2Wild
06-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Not a magic wand or a fix all tool. Leave the weights alone.:gaah:

RLS
06-11-2009, 11:09 AM
While I've ordered the product, I haven't had time to put it in the tires. However, EFFGJAMIS's post is correct about the auto mix. When I placed my order the tech told me to order the auto mix for the Spyder, and the regular blend for my Victory Vision. And, don't forget to ask for Lamonsters discount, like I did. From everything I've heard about the product, it's well worth the investment.

Lamonster
06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
I ran over a cabinet door last Sat. and I saw screws sticking up just before I hit it.:yikes: My first reaction was oh great that's a flat, then I remembered I have Ride-On and just kept driving. nojoke

By the way I don't have any weights on my wheels. I took 96 grams off of the rear alone. :doorag:

Dudley
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
The tires don't need to be jacked up. Just roll it until the valve stem is about 5 o'clock, remove the valve core, let all the air out, put in the required amount, clean the valve insides with air or a Q-tip, replace the core, air up, replace cap, and you're good to go. First 4 or 5 miles will feel a little unbalanced, but that will be the only time. I left the weights on, but when I change tires I will balance only with the Ride-On.

Firefly
06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Was it a PITA to get into the rear tire? That valve is a pain to get to.

beka
06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I just installed Ride-On last night. The rear tire really wasn't too bad. They give you a piece of flexible plastic tubing to slide over the valve. It has more than enough flex to it to allow you to get it into place.

burg650
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
What does the ride-On do why you do not need to balance tires anymore. I am getting ready to power coat my three rims and would like to know what exactly does it do why I need not re-balance them.