PDA

View Full Version : Update on my RT instrument cluster problem

spydernatic
12-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Latest update on my instrument cluster, Mountain motorsports called me to tell me that the cluster was in and I need to bring in the Spyder. While they had it I added Tricled A arm led lights and a Custom Dynamics high mount 3rd brake light. Got the Spyder back after 2 days they were very busy with all the 4 wheelers coming in for hunting season, all looked good very happy with the Tricled lights as they turn amber when you turn on you turn signal great safety addition. When parking my Spyder in my work shop and having the sun behind on turning off the ignition I was shocked what I saw on the instrument cluster. There were scratches all across the cluster on the inside of the lens and there was moisture in the cluster as it fogged up except for 2 ovals in the middle of each side.
I called the dealership and sent them photos they were very surprised and admitted that nobody had seen this when they released my Spyder to me. The service advisor told me they would have to work on this to see how they were going to resolve this.
Dealership told me so as not to get my miles revert back to 0 miles they just replaced the lens on my old cluster but did not see the scratches???? they managed to order another instrument cluster for me and replaced it I now have 0 miles on my 2017 RT and so far it all looks good I will check again today as I got home in the dark .....but on my way home when I put on my turn signal to turn they began hyper flashing. I parked the Spyder for the night and called Tricled for help and their technician was extremely helpful and knew the answer right away ....so this would be helpful to all Spyder riders if this problem comes up. I was told to get the Spyder running and then turn on the emergency flashers and hold down the emergency flasher button for 10 seconds this would reset the blinkers, I did this and they are now flashing normal .....so all ends well. Thanks go out to my Dealership and to Tricled for for helping me finally getting this all resolved.

11rtLTD
12-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Latest update on my instrument cluster, Mountain motorsports called me to tell me that the cluster was in and I need to bring in the Spyder. While they had it I added Tricled A arm led lights and a Custom Dynamics high mount 3rd brake light. Got the Spyder back after 2 days they were very busy with all the 4 wheelers coming in for hunting season, all looked good very happy with the Tricled lights as they turn amber when you turn on you turn signal great safety addition. When parking my Spyder in my work shop and having the sun behind on turning off the ignition I was shocked what I saw on the instrument cluster. There were scratches all across the cluster on the inside of the lens and there was moisture in the cluster as it fogged up except for 2 ovals in the middle of each side.
I called the dealership and sent them photos they were very surprised and admitted that nobody had seen this when they released my Spyder to me. The service advisor told me they would have to work on this to see how they were going to resolve this.
Dealership told me so as not to get my miles revert back to 0 miles they just replaced the lens on my old cluster but did not see the scratches???? they managed to order another instrument cluster for me and replaced it I now have 0 miles on my 2017 RT and so far it all looks good I will check again today as I got home in the dark .....but on my way home when I put on my turn signal to turn they began hyper flashing. I parked the Spyder for the night and called Tricled for help and their technician was extremely helpful and knew the answer right away ....so this would be helpful to all Spyder riders if this problem comes up. I was told to get the Spyder running and then turn on the emergency flashers and hold down the emergency flasher button for 10 seconds this would reset the blinkers, I did this and they are now flashing normal .....so all ends well. Thanks go out to my Dealership and to Tricled for for helping me finally getting this all resolved.

How do you feel about the"zero" miles on your odometer?
I had the cluster replaced on my 2011 RT. Bike now has 17 miles showing on the odometer.
I'm sure it would be considered a "branded" title due to the mileage discrepancy.
Myself, I'm really disappointed. This will make it harder to get a fair price for trade or selling the bike in the future.

Chupaca
12-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Lens must be treated on the exterior side only or they mishandled it when changing it out. If done right it works fine. Tricled are very good in the lighting and know all the tricks to solving lighting problems. Just so you know Lamonster also has the cure for hyperflashing it anyone needs to search it out. Glad your all fixed up now and well lit. Just need to keep a record of the mileage that was on the old cluster...:thumbup:

Pallidus Aranea
12-08-2018, 04:17 PM
I do not know about GA but most state have either laws or guidelines regarding changing out an odometer. I know that here in the 'Democratic People's Republic of Maryland' an odometer change comes with a "Certificate of Actual Mileage". Supposedly it becomes part of the legal documentation for the vehicle. Only experienced this because a friend just replaced the analog cluster in a classic and was advised to 'have the mileage certified' - I guess a '68 Camaro with 23 miles is quite a find.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-08-2018, 11:18 PM
I'm sure it would be considered a "branded" title due to the mileage discrepancy.
Myself, I'm really disappointed. This will make it harder to get a fair price for trade or selling the bike in the future.
I think you're right the title will be annotated. If a buyer is a real stickler pull out the cluster and check the back side. I believe the law requires the dealer to attach a sticker attesting to the mileage before the change.

jaherbst
12-09-2018, 06:49 AM
I had the cluster replaced on my 2011 RT. Bike now has 17 miles showing on the odometer.

Not so much if you have the Documentation.

Jack

SpyderJerry
12-09-2018, 09:35 AM
In some states like Wisconsin, motorcycles odometer readings are exempt and it is printed in the mileage box on the title as such.

spydernatic
12-10-2018, 10:16 AM

No not concerned at all I took a photo of the mileage when I stopped at the dealership and made sure that the paperwork from them showed the mileage when the cluster was replaced my mileage could not have been more perfect when I stopped it was exactly 3200 miles. I have printed a color photo of the cluster with the 3200 miles on it and will attach that photo to the dealers paperwork I am also going to call the local DMV and ask what steps do I need to do to stay within the law.
My concern is for servicing I will have to make a new set of intervals for my Spyder as I have done the 3000 mile service and the next being the 9300 mile which I will do at 6100 miles not difficult just got to remember.