PDA

View Full Version : Age of riders buying a Ryker

KID Ryker
12-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Every one talks about this is a entry level bike. I don't think the young riders will be buying. Not my 1st bike still ride a 2 wheeler. I'm almost 69. I am buying.

Rob Rodriguez
12-04-2018, 04:22 PM
I'll be buying if the test ride goes well. I'm 46.

Little Blue
12-04-2018, 04:23 PM
My Dealer is 'hoping' that the 30 - 50 age group will be looking and buying these Bykes as well. HOPE For BEST. Remember Always ryde Safe. :thumbup:

Cobwebs
12-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Wifes a definite buyer at 59 me 62 undecided, I'll probably go for an F3s when funds permit (I just can't get my head around not having a gearbox to play with) and hang on to my Harley.
Spoke to our dealer yesterday and he hasn't got a clue who's going to turn up to buy the Rykers so has ordered one of each for demo's and only mentioned one other lady that had shown interest so far.

KID Ryker
12-04-2018, 05:24 PM
I'll be buying if the test ride goes well. I'm 46.
Test ride got my it's a f3 sport bike.

Sarge707
12-04-2018, 09:06 PM
I'm Buying and IF Its just as Good OR better than my F3 for my afternoon 90-100 Mile rides (No Touring) Then my F3 will be sold to cover the Cost of the Ryker?

jaherbst
12-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Every one talks about this is a entry level bike. I don't think the young riders will be buying. Not my 1st bike still ride a 2 wheeler. I'm almost 69. I am buying.

So what's your sayin is your still a kid. Right? :D

Jack

Winnex3
12-04-2018, 09:22 PM
53 and getting the rally

cueman
12-04-2018, 09:48 PM
66 in January, my body is 99:gaah: cueman

canamjhb
12-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Guess I got old at an early age. In my 20s I did a lot of off-road riding. Had a lot of fun but kept crashing all the time so I quit riding until I got old. Bought a Kawasaki Vulcan in my early 40s but only kept it a few weeks. It was too small for what I wanted so went straight to a Goldwing. Over 30 years riding old guy bikes and still loving it...... Jim

Winnex3
12-04-2018, 10:15 PM
do not feel bad i have a strip down Goldwing and love it 167659

ARtraveler
12-04-2018, 11:07 PM
So far, the age seems to be all over the place. I have been surprised at the number of senior RT riders who have chimed in about buying or the intent to do so.

Time will tell.

Severnpaul
12-05-2018, 07:45 AM
I am a new rider,55, looking seriously at a 900 for day rides with the wife.

Fire34
12-05-2018, 09:09 AM
58 here

chris56
12-05-2018, 09:13 AM
my son is 22 - I just want to use it with his mother :dontknow:
(every day !1)

WisconsinDavid
12-05-2018, 09:49 AM
I'm 60... yikes. For years I rode cruiser sized bikes. When my first wife died (four years ago) I decided every year, for as long as I could, I would pass that sad day in the wind with friends. The first year, we passed June 12th on a ride to Thunder Bay Ontario. It was an education how cold that side of Lake Superior can be in June. We hit weather that was cold and windy and rainy and... quite a few of the miles were less than fun. That summer I bought an Ultra Classic and the trips behind the fairings and on the bigger bike were far more comfortable and fun. Last June, someone cut me off in Deadwood SD and I ended up riding a hospital bed in Spearfish... where an ankle and tibia were repaired. Healing was my summer vacation. I'm determined to get back out there, but with the leg work the days of safely holding up a loaded tourer have ended... so onto a Spyder. I have dipped my toe into the water with a low mileage RS, but most likely will move on to the comfort of the RT when I have the cash saved up. That said... I can't imagine touring on a Ryker any distance and being comfortable. I guess I've gotten old and soft ... but at least I'm still in the wind! I hope the Ryker is a hit... that will keep BRP solvent for all its cycle products and also help the sport of riding.

asp125
12-05-2018, 11:05 AM
I don't know if it's wishful thinking on BRP's part, but none of the Ryker / Spyder riders I've met looked like the demographic in their brochures or videos. We're mostly greyer in the hair department (if we had any left) and larger around the middle. ;)

Chupaca
12-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Most of the young new ryders will not be here to speak up but may join in later. We pretty much know all the active ones here...:roflblack: and BRP is not much for sharing. Guess we will see as new members appear that are willing to state their age....:yikes:

CarolinaSpyderRyder
12-05-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm 41. The ryker interests me a little... but I really love my RSS. 900 Rally might be nice for playing on the dirt roads. I will have to wait and see about buying on though... not sure the performance is where i'd like it to be. Maybe a turbo for the 900 would entice me a little.

Two cats
12-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Most of the young new ryders will not be here to speak up but may join in later. We pretty much know all the active ones here...:roflblack: and BRP is not much for sharing. Guess we will see as new members appear that are willing to state their age....:yikes:

you are probably right. I'm 62 and just happy I made it this long :dontknow: still trying to figure that out. But I'm proud I did.:clap: we'll just have to wait and see who fesses up about their age.

Krystal
12-05-2018, 07:13 PM
We just bought a 2015 RT. I am 58 and hubby is 67 yrs old. He had an accident on his triumph trophy, so we decided to buy a spyder for safety but just love it!

Deanna777
12-05-2018, 07:22 PM
I took a test ride on a 2014 RTS-SE6, in May of 2014 in Springfield, MO.( Spyderfest).

In July I bought my current 2014 RTS-SE6. ( 4 years ago).

Deanna

Markubis
12-06-2018, 01:00 PM
I'm 53 and am trying to decide between the Rally and the 900. If I go with the 900 I will be opting for the Fox suspension and sway bar. The Rally seems to be a better deal cost-wise, but I'm really not interested in going full rally mode anyways.
Also, I kinda like the idea of having change-able color inserts on the non rally rims. Only a couple of colors to choose from right now but I imagine there will be more soon.
I still need to see them in person though.

KID Ryker
12-06-2018, 02:32 PM
I'm 53 and am trying to decide between the Rally and the 900. If I go with the 900 I will be opting for the Fox suspension and sway bar. The Rally seems to be a better deal cost-wise, but I'm really not interested in going full rally mode anyways.
Also, I kinda like the idea of having change-able color inserts on the non rally rims. Only a couple of colors to choose from right now but I imagine there will be more soon.
I still need to see them in person though.Also not interested in rally mode one less thing to go wrong and not going offroad. I also want to up grade to Fox Suspension and Sway Bar 1st add on. Will be getting the 900 basic like the rear fender and wheels much better.

Gator37
12-06-2018, 03:12 PM

81 and still loving my Spyder. Got one after nearly 60 years on 2 wheelers. Makes you feel young.

Haze
12-06-2018, 04:18 PM
OK, I'm 68 last Monday. Happy and proud I lasted this long.
I ride an ST-S. I find the Ryker interesting with the shaft drive like my older Honda Sport Touring bike.
I also like the CVT transmission as experienced on my wife's Burgman.
Just no interest in changing as I'm happy with the Spyder ST and love touring.

jerpinoy
12-06-2018, 04:56 PM
99 is only upsidedowm of 66

Peter Aawen
12-06-2018, 06:04 PM
99 is only upsidedowm of 66

I thought 99 was 'just 66, only doin' it standing on ya head!' :2thumbs: :ohyea:

My 94 y/o Mum & her 102 year old friend still run a weekly 'gathering for the old folk', most of whom are 20+ years younger than them!! (Frequently in mind AND body!!) :shocked:

Mind you, Mum doesn't ride a motorbike or drive anymore, but not thru lack of trying!! You ever seen one of those wheeled walking frames rolling backwards down an access ramp with a 'Lady of a certain age' seated aboard steering via the brakes & shrieking with glee! Yeah, if you do, it's probably her! :shocked: :roflblack:

You don't stop ryding because you get old.... you get old because you stop ryding! :thumbup:

Grandpaspeed
12-06-2018, 08:27 PM
I'm 60 and will get the Rally if it's what I think it's going to be and yes I will travel on it. If it isn't everything I'm hoping for I'll be getting the F3T.

KID Ryker
12-06-2018, 09:05 PM
I'm 60 and will get the Rally if it's what I think it's going to be and yes I will travel on it. If it isn't everything I'm hoping for I'll be getting the F3T.
Keep us posted. :2thumbs:

Sarge707
12-07-2018, 08:40 AM
70 in 13 Days- Gonna test ride the Ryker in Mar before determining if I will trade the F3 for it or Not- Might just keep both!!!

Rogue Hawk
12-07-2018, 11:25 AM
I'm 55 and getting the Rally. But I also plan on buying a two wheeler for sunny days. A Ducati Monster or an MV Augusta Brutali.

pegasus1300
12-07-2018, 07:10 PM
2012 RTL,I am now 72,not really so old and still knees in the breeze. May yet be a 1330 in my future but this is probably my last ride. not interested in less comfort or motor so no Rykers for me. If I had the money I would look at a Triumph Bonneville Scrambler or the Ducati Scrambler ( in Yellow). I had a 1969 450 Ducati Scrambler in Yellow and Chrome.

Bob Denman
12-14-2018, 02:11 PM
No matter how old your are (or aren't!): ANY Spyder (or Ryker...) will make you feel like a kid again! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Jarred
12-14-2018, 04:00 PM
My friend is 44 and he’s getting one. My cousin is 35, wants to get one but also had a baby recently. But I’d say 80% chance he gets one by the summer. I hope BRP releases that data this time next year.

Montery
12-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Im 84 been riding a RT for over 8 years and still ride my Star 1100.Still having a ball riding both!!!!!!!

Jarred
12-14-2018, 04:58 PM
I just noticed Lamont opened his Ryker Facebook page.

Wijames
12-15-2018, 09:30 PM
44 here. Started with rockets and then moved to Harley’s sportsters, dynas, and then a street glide. I live in Milwaukee so Harley is king here. The Ryker is the way to go. Fast, fun, and three wheels!

Wildrice
12-15-2018, 09:54 PM
Nobody is that old----I crashed my turbo Hayabusa land speed racing on an airport strip at 170 mph--visor fogged up tight & I panic braked after going thru the timing traps--coincidentally I was 69 yrs old--nothing like an 80 yard tumble--but I walked into the ambulance--$800 4-6 mil leather suit disintegrates on contact with cement--Kevlar undervest barely looked scratched :-)
Darrell .

KID Ryker
12-16-2018, 11:29 PM
So what's your sayin is your still a kid. Right? :D

Jack You are right after riding that Ryker I am still a KID :roflblack:

Tslepebull
12-23-2018, 09:47 AM
I am 63 and the Rally model is what appeals to me. Very likely to purchase after the first of the year.

Post Script to earlier post. I now have 1,300 miles on my Rally

Deanna777
12-23-2018, 10:35 AM
I am in my mid 50's going to take a test ride on a Ryker when my dealership gets them in the next month. I just want to take a "test ride"on one. So I can say I test drove one. Not buying one.

But keeping my 2014 RTS-SE6.

Deanna

R FUN
12-23-2018, 02:39 PM
In my 81st year and hopping for another 30 years of riding, well I can dream cant I.
Roger

rocinante54
12-24-2018, 01:22 PM
64 and thinking about making the jump from two wheels to three wheels on a Ryker Rally within a year or so.

robholland
12-25-2018, 05:24 AM
36... Feeling kind of young :D

CTAC
12-25-2018, 07:59 AM
I am in my early 50's.... I was in the gym yesterday and a young guy asked me, "is that your bike out there?" I said yes, and without hesitation he said, "Dude, that is badass!". Made me laugh. Point is, this thing appeals to many different age groups on the merits of appearance alone... And those that drive them, will soon appreciate them for the performance they deliver.

GoandChase
12-26-2018, 06:43 PM
A day of first for me. This is my first post, have been lurking for awhile and I put down a deposit on a 900 that will be my first anything besides a car. Looking forward to trying something new next week. Oh.. the age thing... Just shy of 48.

KID Ryker
12-26-2018, 06:50 PM
:congrats: Welcome Aboard :clap: Keep us Posted

tibadoe
12-26-2018, 06:59 PM
A day of first for me. This is my first post............

Welcome from VA. Congrats on your soon to be new Ryker.

jdmartin
12-26-2018, 07:43 PM
75 here, Bought a 2011RTL about a year and half ago after grounding myself from flying and enjoyed it so much traded it in on a new 2018 last wk. I plan on riding till I can't.

748eric
12-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Maybe I'm exactly what Can-Am was hoping for? I'm 46 years old and currently ride all things powersports. Currently ride a Ducati Monster 1200s, Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV, Polaris Switchback snowmobile, also have a Miata for some sportscar fun as well. I'm usually the first to check out all the new vehicles as they are introduced. Was up late the night they launched the Slingshot and Can Am Spyders back in the day. Was also one of the first to check out the new Ryker as well. Saw it at a snowmobile show back in October in New Hampshire. Had this crazy thought of trading in the Ducati for a new Ryker 900. (Love the rims on the 900 vs the Rally). Given I haven't ridden the Ducati much the last few years, thought the Ryker would be a fun change of pace. Although I don't love the idea of a CVT and lack of power compared to the Ducati, there is something to be said for doing something different. The Ryker is certainly different looking and I happen to LOVE the stripped down, minimalistic look. Sort of a Harley Sportster of the Can Am family. After watching all the Youtube videos I could get my hands on, it seems like a great new concept and people who have ridden it appeared to be surprised at how much fun it was. The price is right, the fun factor is there, and it certainly will draw some attention. Called a local dealer today to find out about availability. For the price it's tough to beat! Who knows, maybe it's exactly what I was looking for????? Time will tell. Eric

stevencovert
12-27-2018, 02:54 PM
I'm 56 and the wife is 57. We have a 2016 RTS and a 2008GS. I'm getting a Ryker. The GS is going to my daughter, who will be taking the class and getting practice this spring. Three Spyder/Ryker family soon!

Steve

KID Ryker
12-28-2018, 08:46 PM
:congrats::2thumbs:

Leadfoot
02-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Bought the Rally version at age 71. I also think BRP has found a market they didn't know existed with the Ryker. It's not the entry rider they thought it was for. (lost count of my previous number of bikes, >10)

Once you get over the lesser macho sex appeal of a trike vs a two wheeler, (and the CVT), the Ryker is simply more fun than a conventional MC. You can enjoy rydes on unpaved BLM, Forestry roads and many other situations that would make for a nervous ride on a MC. That was important since I drive 2 miles of unpaved roads to get to and from my house but there's also something else appealing about the Ryker. If I were still into long bike trips the Spyder would be my choice but going to the local store for a milk or bread run is just crazy fun on the Ryker.

As to why a Ryker over a Spyder I don't know. The Spyder is a fine machine but it doesn't do whatever it is that the Ryker does and I never thought I'd say that about a machine with CVT.

QuasiMotard
02-10-2019, 02:10 PM
A day of first for me. This is my first post, have been lurking for awhile and I put down a deposit on a 900 that will be my first anything besides a car.

Looking forward to trying something new next week. Oh.. the age thing... Just shy of 48.

@GoandChase:
Congrats! I'm 48 as well. I've owned 87 bikes (including this one) and I still have 14 others in the stable. I'll still plan to keep most (all?) of them, so the Ryker isn't replacing anything, just adding whole new dimension to riding for me.

If you haven't ridden a reverse-trike before, then you should take the Can-Am 3-wheel rider's course. It's only $99-150 (depending on where you are). It's a great learning tool for new and experienced riders to understand how to handle these things. I've been riding street bikes (legally) for 34+ years, and I still found value in taking the course. :thumbup:

--
QM

Du7chManiac
02-10-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm 27, youngest here I guess? My Ryker is at the dealer waiting for papers.

RykerUSA
02-10-2019, 03:38 PM
59.5 and loving it!

QuasiMotard
02-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Maybe I'm exactly what Can-Am was hoping for? I'm 46 years old and currently ride all things powersports. Currently ride a Ducati Monster 1200s, Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV, Polaris Switchback snowmobile, also have a Miata for some sportscar fun as well. I'm usually the first to check out all the new vehicles as they are introduced. Was up late the night they launched the Slingshot and Can Am Spyders back in the day. Was also one of the first to check out the new Ryker as well. Saw it at a snowmobile show back in October in New Hampshire. Had this crazy thought of trading in the Ducati for a new Ryker 900. (Love the rims on the 900 vs the Rally). Given I haven't ridden the Ducati much the last few years, thought the Ryker would be a fun change of pace. Although I don't love the idea of a CVT and lack of power compared to the Ducati, there is something to be said for doing something different. The Ryker is certainly different looking and I happen to LOVE the stripped down, minimalistic look. Sort of a Harley Sportster of the Can Am family. After watching all the Youtube videos I could get my hands on, it seems like a great new concept and people who have ridden it appeared to be surprised at how much fun it was. The price is right, the fun factor is there, and it certainly will draw some attention. Called a local dealer today to find out about availability. For the price it's tough to beat! Who knows, maybe it's exactly what I was looking for????? Time will tell. Eric

@748eric:
It sounds like you and I are the same moto animals. I'm 48 and mirror most of what you said above. I have a 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo sitting in the stable. Your 1200s has a little more grunt than my 1100, but you'd be SURPRISED how quick the Ryker 900/Rally is... it's a real hoot to ride. I just posted a ride vlog to YouTube where I made the mental comparison between the Ryker's roll-on performance against my tuned 2008 Yamaha R1 and the 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo... I think the Ryker will stomp them in terms of the "go-right-now-and-don't-think-about-it" factor... just twist and fire that missile! There is no hunting for gears, no downshifts, just GO!

--
QM

QuasiMotard
02-10-2019, 04:06 PM
I'm 27, youngest here I guess? My Ryker is at the dealer waiting for papers.

The Ryker makes me feel like I'm in my 20's again... hopefully my driving record won't start feeling the same way. ;) This thing is probably going to get me into trouble.

--
QM

Jasons900Ryker
02-10-2019, 04:08 PM
38 years old...

Smokey618
02-10-2019, 05:26 PM
I am going to ride mine BACKWARD into my 71st year.

amachoward
02-10-2019, 06:36 PM
I am 55 and have been riding for years. Dirt, street, Old Triumphs, multiple Harleys, A Kawi Concour 08, A homebuilt V-8 trike and swapped a 2011Ultra to buy two Rykers.

Wife is in the same generation as me and she is crazy happy with her Ryker.

I think BRP may have mis-judged the demographic, but LaMonster looked great standing on his. Pretty sure I would face plant

vstrommer
02-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Im 55 and ordered (2) Nine Hundred Ryker Rally models for my 16 year old son and I to have some great times together...... We can't wait til Spring!!!!!:thumbup:

Micnice10
02-10-2019, 08:16 PM
44 years young! Love my Ryker! The warm weather can’t come fast enough!

cjc96ryker
02-10-2019, 09:23 PM
52 years old! I have been away from motorcycling for a long time and was looking at getting another bike. My wife and I went to the Motorcycle Show in our city.
I was trying on bikes for size, fit, etc.. when my wife spotted the Ryker. I've always liked the Can-Am's but too pricey for me. But the Ryker! Wow I fell in love
at first site. I put a deposit on one the same day so now I'm impatiently waiting for spring to arrive.

CTAC
02-10-2019, 09:27 PM
53 here in KC

KID Ryker
02-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Im 55 and ordered (2) Nine Hundred Ryker Rally models for my 16 year old son and I to have some great times together...... We can't wait til Spring!!!!!:thumbup:
:congrats: What a great DAD :clap:

Micnice10
02-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Not sure where in Ma you are, but Bob’s Ski-doo in Easton were great!

Bitten
02-11-2019, 09:49 AM
46 and interested in picking one up!

AZRykerGal
02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
I am a first time buyer of a Can Am product. The Ryker is a perfect fit for me. I have been a long time passenger of a BMW. I got tired of looking around my husbands helmet. The Ryker provides the opportunity for me to see the road clearly. Now my husband and I can tour and both enjoy the thrill of the ride. I am turning 60 this year and the Can Am Ryker has so far been a great experience

Cornholio
02-11-2019, 03:12 PM
I’m 44 got mine January 4th and have ridden it once. Damn Missouri weather

Ravent25
02-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Just bought one. Primary rider 47. Secondary 16, Third and last 10 (parking lot rider). LOL.. we all love the new toy.. may end up getting a second one next year for my son. He really likes riding mine..

Kruger
02-12-2019, 03:59 PM
I just bought my wife a Ryker Rally for her 50th birthday!! Now to figure out how to keep our 19 & 26 year olds off of it...169336

CTAC
02-12-2019, 06:10 PM
That is so awesome!!

Du7chManiac
02-13-2019, 12:27 PM
The Ryker makes me feel like I'm in my 20's again... hopefully my driving record won't start feeling the same way. ;) This thing is probably going to get me into trouble.

--
QM

Hahaha! I like your videos by the way. Keep it up!

osj3
02-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Im 37. I grew up on 4 wheeler. I got a 2018 F3. its my first bike. I love it. Its different and not a lot of them in my area is the reason I got it

foxtrotguy
03-13-2019, 05:05 PM
I have a 600cc. I am 92. This will be my last ride.

cheska
03-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Ok I'm almost 72, wifes 71 we both rode 2 wheels for years. Plus sidecars and traditional trikes. We have a 2016 RTS. She is tired of

looking at my helmet , plus I'm tired of getting hit on head when not driving to her likes! So we have a 900 on order to pick up

sometime this month. Bob

WilliamTRyker
03-13-2019, 05:36 PM

92...Good for you foxtrotguy. Keep riding!

My dad is near that age but he's more of a "Lindy" guy.

Ryker2112
03-13-2019, 10:55 PM
42 here. Been riding dirt bikes since before driving age, and on 2 wheel street bikes as soon as I could get my MC endorsement...
Haven't parted with my 2 wheel ride and still do track days as well, but couldn't pass up the Ryker.

LeftCoast
03-13-2019, 11:29 PM

You’re an inspiration. It’s awesome you got it.

Nico75
03-14-2019, 03:10 PM
I'm 75 and it's my 2nd Can Am (Spyder RS ) now a new Ryker hope it's as reliable as RS. Regards Nico75

Hartster
03-14-2019, 03:30 PM
52 year old guy getting his put together as we speak. Cannot wait!

MidlifeRyker
03-14-2019, 06:08 PM
47 here. Just got mine on Tuesday!!!!!!!!

Freezefm
03-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Bought my 600 at 58 last December.

Francis

Dragracer
03-15-2019, 05:59 PM
I'm picking up a black 900 tomorrow. 63 years old, and it's my 7th bike! My current bike is a Suzuki C50 Boulevard, and my wife rides an 09 Can Am Spyder.

poli
03-15-2019, 06:10 PM
66 years old and my 32nd bike including dirt and street. Judging from this poll, looks like Can Am missed their 'young' buyer they were aiming for.

njfishfan
03-15-2019, 07:14 PM
54 here...currently have a xsr 700, crf 250l, and now a rally

Tslepebull
03-16-2019, 07:42 AM
66 years old and my 32nd bike including dirt and street. Judging from this poll, looks like Can Am missed their 'young' buyer they were aiming for.

Either that or all the young guys are too busy out riding while us old guys are sitting in the LaZyboy posting on the forum:dontknow:

poli
03-16-2019, 09:39 AM
You might have a point there.

cheska
03-17-2019, 11:04 AM
Check out ryker lovers on facebook and you will see the younger and first time buyers who are having a hoot with their scoots.

Plus many of them are farkling away. Even though they don't know what the word means.;);) Bob

WilliamTRyker
03-18-2019, 10:59 AM
Plus many of them are farkling away. Even though they don't know what the word means.;);) Bob

I'm not young but I don't know what it means either. Maybe it means attaching a pair of fuzzy dice to the windshield?

From Wikipedia:
Farkle is played by two or more players, with each player in succession having a turn at throwing the dice. Each player's turn results in a score, and the scores for each player accumulate to some winning total (usually 10,000). At the beginning of each turn, the player throws all the dice at once.

Ryker2112
03-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Generally refers to things added that are a blend of "Functional" and "Sparkly", aka Farkle.

Some of what I'm seeing added out there isn't even really any degree of functional (like colored "glow" lighting under the bike).

I'm not young but I don't know what it means either. Maybe it means attaching a pair of fuzzy dice to the windshield?

From Wikipedia:
Farkle is played by two or more players, with each player in succession having a turn at throwing the dice. Each player's turn results in a score, and the scores for each player accumulate to some winning total (usually 10,000). At the beginning of each turn, the player throws all the dice at once.

Hopper
03-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Just looking for a bit more stability for my young at heart mind. At almost a young 65 I'm not liking the ride of my current bike, Aka. She's a 2012 Suzuki Dl 1000. I've already named our Ryker Rally "Hopper" and look forward to acquiring him/her..

oregoncoast
03-19-2019, 07:35 AM
I'm 66 and decided I don't want to fall over anymore. Plus I don't miss putting my feet down every time I stop. Or having my rear wheel slide from under me.

Jsmith8695
03-19-2019, 10:25 AM
I am 67. I do enjoy not putting my feet down at every stop

Deanna777
03-19-2019, 06:21 PM
I'll be buying if the test ride goes well. I'm 46.Test ride got me my current spyder( 2014 RTS-SE6). Deanna

Nobodyjj
03-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Bought used 2013 ST-S in September, 74 years old and also have 5 other motorcycles on the road still. If only this cold weather would stop!

Jmor
03-20-2019, 07:54 AM
:riding:71 owned my 900 since December. Live in Florida so ride often. Love it!j

TucsonJoe
03-20-2019, 12:57 PM
I got my ‘16 RTL in January. Got the Baja sway bar installed and it was a good move. Not sure about the upgrade on the shocks, very pricey. I’m enjoying the bike. Oh ya, I’m 72 years young.

Jenko1447
03-26-2019, 04:51 PM
I'm 32 next month and just put a down payment on a Ryker 900. Can't wait for it to come.
I've always loved riding (ATVs, scooter for college, took my dad's Spyder for a 200+ mile day trip). With 3 little ones at home though the Mrs. has always worried about me riding on 2 wheels. She has wanted to get me a spyder for several years, but the cost always made it hard to swallow. The Rykers are perfect for both of us. We both signed up for the class in a couple months.

Bordereye
03-28-2019, 08:27 PM
I happened to talk to my dealer today. She said that the youngest buyer was 36. Don't have an exact number of Rykers sold. But I bought the first one from them. I am 66. So I guess it's a older group buying than expected.;)

McRuss
03-29-2019, 09:33 AM
Brand new to the forum and to three wheels. I'm 75, been on two wheels for about 60 years but legs are getting weak and three wheels seems the way to go. I'm through with long distance riding (after I get back from AK in June...) and don't need all the room a Spyder gives. I'll still make overnighters and a top box will suffice.

Shermandns
04-06-2019, 09:38 AM
Still have 3 2wheelers
Picking up Ryker in two weeks.
76 years young. Looking forward to having fun.

pafetzer1
04-07-2019, 01:06 AM
I'm 76 and recently traded my 2015 F3 for a 900 Ryker. I've been riding since I was 16 and have had all kinds of bikes, dirt and street. I bought the Ryker because my F3 was standard shift and have been having some hip problems when shifting. The Ryker solved that problem and has been lots of fun. I've already put over 1000 miles on mine.

McRuss
04-07-2019, 07:11 AM
I hope you got the AC option on your 900! :2thumbs:

McRuss
04-07-2019, 07:24 AM
I still need to see them in person though.

I struggled with the decision too but finally decided that the price difference was insignificant given the outfitting of the rally over the 900 Ace. I plan on a few dirt roads from time to time but like the upgraded suspension and included Max Mount anyway. By the time you outfit a 900 with suspension and stuff, you'll outprice the Rally. BTW, someone once said they could't see touring on a Rally...please, this is not a touring machine, it is a sporting vehicle (but I'll add a top box and do short two days tours anyway!)

greckman
04-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Got my Ryker 900 for my 60th birthday
Love it best gift i ever received

nchangin
04-10-2019, 12:49 PM
47. Any MN riders? PM me

KC61
04-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Hope to have my 900 rally as soon as the dealer gets one in. I'm 57 and have ridden 2 wheels since I was a kid. My son is showing a lot of interest in getting a Ryker and he has already signed up for the safety course which his Aunt teaches in KC. I was on the fence about giving up 2 wheels but when he showed so much interest I thought it would be a good idea. He never showed any interest in my motorcycles but when I started talking about the Ryker and he saw one he was hooked immediately as was I.

Aufgeblassen47
04-14-2019, 09:04 AM
66 in January, my body is 99:gaah: cueman

I can relate to you, man! At 62, my 1st joint started going bad 6 or 7 years ago. Finally quit putting off replacement, and got REALLY BAD hip (literally 1/2 the ball was gone!) replaced 7 months ago, and bad knee (opposite leg) replaced 2 1/2 months ago. I still have spinal stenosis which was diagnosed 20 years ago. Having prostate C treated soon.

I got my 1st bike 44 years ago, a 1974 Honda 450 DOHC. After a couple bikes after that, I went 20 years w/o one. Then when I started riding again a 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750), I was shocked when my hands got numb riding!!! Never happened 20 years prior.

holinka182
04-15-2019, 11:14 AM
30 here, but this thing has a habit of making me want to act like a testosterone-filled 16 year old. Its so much fun!

kmonroe99
04-15-2019, 04:31 PM
66 - first 3-wheeler. Rally.

Sarge707
04-15-2019, 04:46 PM
30 here, but this thing has a habit of making me want to act like a testosterone-filled 16 year old. Its so much fun!
You Said It!!! I'm 70 and have the F3 also But I swear this thing will kill me or get me thrown in jail?

Miles42
06-16-2019, 12:20 AM
I'm 76 and going with The Rally

Goody0396
06-17-2019, 04:30 PM
33 here i have had my Ryker 900 last week have put almost 400 miles on it. I love this thing.

Jaxfann
06-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Had my 600 Ace for a couple of months - love it!

Oh - by the way - age 77.

cyber2nd
06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
52 and this is my first bike

Aufgeblassen47
06-18-2019, 02:31 PM
52 and this is my first bike

Actually, TRIKE. :2thumbs:

rakerrykerrider
06-18-2019, 03:43 PM
I'm 74, already have 2720 miles on my 900 ACE purchased 1 Feb.

Zoot
06-22-2019, 12:00 PM
This thread reminds me of the Toyota / Scion bit. Toyota intended the XB to attract the young hipsters. However, for several reasons a lot of "seniors" bought them.

scorchio75
06-22-2019, 07:04 PM
44 - First trike. I rode a few motorbikes in the very distant past but didn't even start driving until my late thirties, so I'm playing catch-up! (My soon-to-arrive Ryker 600 is going to be used mostly for commuting/short journeys.)

Smokes
06-23-2019, 12:55 AM
I'd still prefer to be on my venerable Yamaha Royal Star but after hip replacement surgery I went for a Spyder F3L. Two years later I also bought a Ryker 600 with the excuse that 'it's for the wife'. Yeah right. I seem to be the one riding it all the time now. It's just a bucketload of enjoyment, less refined than the F3L but much more fun.

Oh yeah, I'm 67.

Yacht4u
06-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Hi.... I am a newbie to Can Ams.
I'm age 78. Been riding 2 wheelers for 45 years. Have about 250,000 miles and been in every state. Have never been down. Have had 14 bikes over the years the biggest being a Goldwing.

A few years ago I downsized to a Burgman 650 scoot. Great machine but after all these miles in my life, I took my first spill. I went down in a pot holed gravelly parking lot at 3 mph. Got my self a badly cut knee (couple of stitches). The Burgman only a few scratches but I realized that lately coming to stop signs and having to put feet down and slow speeds, and also the twisty winding roads here in TN that I just dont seem to have the balance I used to........In order to stay in the wind I am going to need get a 3 wheeler.
It's a very confusing process. To many choices. I'm thinking of starting with a Ryker and then if my wife stays interested (she will ride it to. Had her own Vulcan before) I will possibly move up to one of the 2 up touring models. My friend has a Spyder Ltd and let me ride it. I liked it but not sure I want to spend so much to get into this. Need to get a better feel for it.
Any advice would be welcome. Also I hear some dealers have a lease program. Is this true?

Tracy37
06-24-2019, 06:17 PM
Guess I am one of the younger ones, 37, got a 2018 f3 limited and love it, hubby is a Harley guy but I love my spyder.

djdilliodon
06-24-2019, 07:40 PM
I’m 37 have the 900 ace as I prefer the sportier look.
Wife is 30 and she has the 600 ace for the same reason.

Jaxfann
06-24-2019, 09:35 PM
Hi.... I am a newbie to Can Ams.
I'm age 78. Been riding 2 wheelers for 45 years. Have about 250,000 miles and been in every state. Have never been down. Have had 14 bikes over the years the biggest being a Goldwing.

A few years ago I downsized to a Burgman 650 scoot. Great machine but after all these miles in my life, I took my first spill. I went down in a pot holed gravelly parking lot at 3 mph. Got my self a badly cut knee (couple of stitches). The Burgman only a few scratches but I realized that lately coming to stop signs and having to put feet down and slow speeds, and also the twisty winding roads here in TN that I just dont seem to have the balance I used to........In order to stay in the wind I am going to need get a 3 wheeler.
It's a very confusing process. To many choices. I'm thinking of starting with a Ryker and then if my wife stays interested (she will ride it to. Had her own Vulcan before) I will possibly move up to one of the 2 up touring models. My friend has a Spyder Ltd and let me ride it. I liked it but not sure I want to spend so much to get into this. Need to get a better feel for it.
Any advice would be welcome. Also I hear some dealers have a lease program. Is this true?

If you want to take long rydes and want all the bells and whistles go for a Spyder - if shorter rydes and if you want a sporty experience go for the Ryker - either way you cant go wrong!

Geo333
06-24-2019, 11:36 PM
81 and still loving my Spyder. Got one after nearly 60 years on 2 wheelers. Makes you feel young.

i AM HAVING A BLAST ON MY 600 ACE rYKER. nOW 74, i FEEL 24 WHEN i AM IN MY SADDLE. GEO...

SirCake
08-26-2019, 05:08 AM
I’m 31 but trikes are my only option as I’m 4’8” tall. 2 wheels are not for me.

MDLNB
08-26-2019, 08:43 AM
I am 69 and I recently purchased a Rally. I've been riding two wheelers all over the world, after work and on the weekends. The I returned to the States and retired. I still have my Harley, but it's on the market. Having trouble with my clutch hand and in need of two operations in that hand. I have had my right knee replaced and the left one is about due for an overhaul (replacement) so my two wheel days are behind me. My wife wanted me to buy a trike, but the cost was just too high. We went to a bike show in Charlotte, NC about ten years ago and my wife liked the Spider. I didn't care for it, as I preferred the two wheel feeling. Now, I don't have a choice so after seeing the Ryker on Youtube, I decided to check it out. The price was right and the test ride convinced me. It still feels like a bike to me and not sitting on top of a convertible car. My wife likes the comfort of the Spyder but I wanted the Ryker. I bought the Rally.
On the subject of the age that the Ryker draws from, I have to say that my daughter and son-in-law came to visit with their teen age kids and they all spent most of the day on my Ryker. My daughter took it for a test drive by herself and I could hear her racing back, and then slowing as she came around the curve leading to the house. As she drove up, she had a giant grin on her face. My granddaughter rode with her father and made a video that she posted on her Facebook page, showing her big smile. The Ryker brings smiles to anyone operating one. Less strain, more ability to look around you when you are cruising and sightseeing. No worry about laying it down on loose or wet surface. Other than the fun of leaning in corners, I think I like it more than my two wheel riding.....dare I say that?

daverp
08-26-2019, 09:39 AM
I had asked the dealer I was shopping at about how were sales doing, since they were basically out of them. His reply was "like hotcakes". They did far better than predicted, which matches BRP's quarterly results. Asked what I thought would be the million dollar question, the at what expense aspect, has it cannibalized Spyder sales? Surprisingly, to me, he said it was the opposite. Their Spyder sales are up. Sypders are targeted at Baby Boomers(55+), Rykers at Gen-X (35-55) and that's were they sell most of them. What surprised them and caught Can-Am's production off guard was they also created a new market for the Baby boomers who couldn't afford a Spyder. Then as a added bonus they were able to up sell some of the older people from Rykers to Spiders with good financing deals.

3wheelkhalil
08-27-2019, 06:34 AM
23 years old here. I have always found Spyders interesting but the Ryker pushed me over the edge. Hoping to pick up a 900 later this week. When I did my 3-wheel education course a couple weeks back, I was by far the youngest rider. However, I’d say the majority of riders was in that 30-55 range.

RJS5689
08-27-2019, 08:58 PM
And here I thought I was sure to be the only 30 year old on a trike! All my two-wheel riding friends like to make fun of me (it's all in jest, though).

Hentch
08-27-2019, 11:21 PM
I am 52 and just bought my first bike. 2015 RTS. Love it.

Zusafek
08-28-2019, 01:05 PM
39 here. Bought my 900 Rally about a month ago. I used to ride a 2000 BMW R1100R but due to an accident 4 years ago, I had to sell it. I physically can not hold up the size bike I prefer to ride so I test ride the Ryker. I enjoyed it an am using it to help entice my wife to learn to ride. That way she can keep the Rally and I will buy another Ryker or Spyder for myself.

njfishfan
08-28-2019, 02:57 PM
54 here....added the rally to go with my Yamaha XSR700 and Honda 250L

Haphazard72
08-30-2019, 06:24 AM
I'm 46- I pick up my Ryker on Wednesday (And do my L's on Mon/Tue!:thumbup:). Never ridden 2 wheel or 3 wheel before....

Mb101
08-31-2019, 07:41 PM
31 here and have had the 900 rally for over a month now. Love it. Never did much with 2 wheels, but have been riding atv’s for around 20 years. My riding group is all 2 wheelers, so I get the jokes but it’s all in good fun. Haven’t seen any other Rykers in my area, lots of Spyders though.

Highwayman2013
08-31-2019, 09:13 PM
62 here and I am having a blast with my Rally. Already got a speeding ticket.175406

Skups
09-01-2019, 02:26 AM
I'm 47, wife is 45. I have a 2018 F3 Limited. My wife likes the Ryker because it's "her size". I use to ride 2 wheels in my teens and early 20's. Wife's first husband died while on 2 wheels so she definitely said NO when I wanted another motorcycle. Took some convincing, but she said OK to a Spyder. She is really enjoying riding on the back, now she's going to get her license and who knows, maybe a Ryker too. I'm just glad she got over her fears on not being in metal box with 4 wheels. I'm all for her getting a Ryker if that's what she wants, but who's gonna give me back rubs now?

Geo333
09-23-2019, 06:25 PM
I have put 5,400 mi on my 600 Ryker and am hoping to get more, before the snow flies. I will be 75 in October.

Onetrack97
09-23-2019, 07:07 PM
My 65 yr old wife rides a motorcycle and is testing a 900 this week. I’m staying with my motorcycle for a while, we’ll see.

OregonLAN
09-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Wifey bought one at 44.

RenRNspins
09-29-2019, 06:29 AM
I am 27 and just purchased my 1st ryker 900!

ADVentureRyder
09-29-2019, 12:22 PM
I am 29, I've been riding 2 wheels since I was 18. Father had bikes since before I was born, so mother couldn't say no when I wanted to get one. I've ridden everything from Harley's to crotch rockets, crashed most too...
I wanted a Spyder ever since they debuted 10+ years ago, it just wasn't in the cards since I couldn't stand the riding stance of the RTs and RSs, but when the F3 showed I knew that one was for me. I've taken a lot of flak from my generation for an "old man" cycle, but I love it.
All this being said, a rally is literally as much fun as you can have on 3 wheels, I'll be buying one when I've used up my F3
Ryde safe, harvest has started, deer are on the move, be careful out there

Presentable1
10-14-2019, 04:17 AM
36 and loving the ryker rally so far!

Switchback12
10-14-2019, 08:56 AM
I bought my Ryker Rally for my 50th birthday. Been riding 2 wheels over 35 years, now I won't go back to 2 wheels even if they give me one for free.

D-Daddy
10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
I’m 85, purchased a used 2011 yr and half ago, have put over 5000 m. On it. Love it, in process of doin some up grades, D-Daddy, Virginia

MDLNB
10-14-2019, 12:37 PM
I’m 85, purchased a used 2011 yr and half ago, have put over 5000 m. On it. Love it, in process of doin some up grades, D-Daddy, Virginia

I thought the first model Ryker came out at the end of 2018 with the 2019 label? Are you talking about a Spider?

Rockman64
10-14-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm 54, bought it for the wife, 48. Absolutely love this machine!I seem to be using it more than my F3 lately. :ohyea:

gr8Frank
10-14-2019, 07:19 PM
I bought mine for my 72nd birthday.

Greven
10-15-2019, 12:44 AM
New Ryker Rally owner here, 34 years of age. :)

canamryder
10-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Rode my Rally home July 20th. from the dealer. That was my one year retirement anniversary day. I'm 67 now. I have never rode a motorcycle, except for safety coarse. BUT have rode an average of 8,000 miles a year since I was 35 on bicycles. Lots of defensive riding involved.
NO! I'm not the guy you saw riding home after dark, no lights, handlebars upside down, riding with one hand, the other with a 12 pack under it!

RykerUSA
10-19-2019, 11:10 AM
1st bike when I was 13 years old: Montgomery Ward's CVT driven tryke (See attached). Since then, lots of 2 wheelers. In Order: Honda 350 F, Yamaha 550 Virago, Honda VT1100 Shadow, Honda VTX 1800 C2, 1982 Honda Goldwing 1100, Yamaha FJR 1300. Then back to trykes - Spyder ST Limited. Then amazingly back to CVT dive Ryker Rally. Thrilled with the Rally. A total blast!

wifesspyder
10-19-2019, 12:20 PM
I am 72. Getting too weebly for the wing and even scared myself that one day I was gonna hit the ground. Found a 2018 with 400 miles on it. Had a few problems but hope all that is over and I can learn to trust this ride as much as I have my Honda Wings. Took some getting used to and still earning. About 5 months ago purchased, more or less.

TNRyker
10-23-2019, 09:43 AM
I'm 36 and bought mine back in april. Already has 5,500+ miles on it. Its the 900 ACE. Love this thing and planning on running it as far as I can into the winter.

Nicki
09-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Thought I’d update this thread and throw my age in the mix...just turned 45 and the Ryker was my bday present to myself.

gkamer
09-05-2020, 09:09 PM
Brought my 900 ACE on June 4th, 2020 at 67 years of age.

Mikey
09-06-2020, 07:05 AM
And to think when they came out they said they wanted to attracted the younger crowd!!:roflblack: And then all the older kids took them away!!!:ohyea:

Markubis
09-06-2020, 07:59 AM
lol

Almost spit out my coffee!

Mikey
09-06-2020, 08:40 AM
:2thumbs::lecturef_smilie: You need a bib???

Garydj
09-06-2020, 08:55 AM
I turned 70 this month. Got my 900 Ace in July and loving it!

rakerrykerrider
09-06-2020, 08:24 PM
Age 76, rode my 2019 Ryker 8239 miles in 18 months.

old Timer
09-07-2020, 07:03 AM
Age 76, rode my 2019 Ryker 8239 miles in 18 months.

Sir, is their a good dealer up in Albuquerque? We just live down the road in Alamogordo, don't have a Ryker......Yet.

Mikey
09-07-2020, 07:12 AM
Sir, is their a good dealer up in Albuquerque? We just live down the road in Alamogordo, don't have a Ryker......Yet.

Go for it, it will get your blood pumping!!!:ohyea: And put a smile on your face I will guarantee that!

Stache
09-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Bought my RTL in May. My wife drove it once and said “I want one! I want the smaller one!” We bought her 900 ACE last month. She’s 56 and loves it.

RykerRick
09-07-2020, 02:16 PM
I'm 59 and the Ryker is my first 3 wheeler. I'm a Life long two wheel rider with the original plans to keep both of my two wheelers. But, since purchasing the Ryker Rally almost 8 weeks ago, I've been enjoying it so much that I've hardly ridden either of the two wheelers. I like this Can Am machine so much that I decided to sell the Harley and keep the little Kawasaki Versys X-300, just so that I have something to scratch that two wheel itch when needed. They Versys X-300 is a very inexpensive, light enjoyable bike that allows me to do some light trail riding, so it will do for an only two wheeler. I'm currently setting up the Ryker for some 3 or 4 day trips, it will now be my tourer for when I take my annual trips to the Smoky Mountains.
https://i.postimg.cc/7h2XWwbz/1096-2880p.jpg (https://postimg.cc/5QfwHcB9)
https://i.postimg.cc/MHM647dW/0596-2880-P.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hQnRQ7kw)

whiting57
09-07-2020, 02:51 PM
I bought mine a month ago ... out of the crate 2019 900 ace ... Im 62 moving onto 63 in 20 days ...

Marr
09-07-2020, 08:20 PM
I’m 72, got 600 Ryker in March. Had a RT, had nothing but trouble with it, traded it for Slingshot. It’s my long distance machine. Ryker is my 100 mile or less, fun, I wonder where that road goes machine. Love it

angusmcoz
09-21-2020, 08:14 PM
I'm 60 and bought a 2020 Ryker Rally 900 in June for commuting to work. Now the only time the Goldwing comes out of the garage is when I have a long ride in store. The Ryker is too much fun to leave in the garage any other time!

Rykerrally
10-23-2020, 06:44 PM
I am going to be 70 on Saturday, I bought, not my first ryker rally, but my very first bike ever last August. I love it so much. No worries of gravel, rain, wind. I have 3 wheels. YES

KID Ryker
10-23-2020, 09:24 PM
I am going to be 70 on Saturday, I bought, not my first ryker rally, but my very first bike ever last August. I love it so much. No worries of gravel, rain, wind. I have 3 wheels. YES:congrats: :2thumbs:

Terraplane8Bob
10-25-2020, 12:25 PM
Next birthday, I'll be 83 and never dreamed that I'd be back riding a tricycle, albeit a motorized one, like I had when I was 5 ! I simply couldn't trust my old knees, hips and ankles to reliably support riding 2-up on our BMW K-75 safely anymore --- so --- a 2011 RS-S was the solution. We're loving it, especially the part where you never have to put your feet down unless you're getting on or off the trike. My almost 60 years of cycling has left me with an absolute need to fabricate a handbrake. I just know I'm going to grab a handful of air at the least opportune moment and be sorry that I hadn't done what BRP neglected to do, so the project is moving ahead. I expect to show the results on "Spyderlovers" upon completion. I have gleaned so much great advice from the postings on "Spyderlovers" and want to thank everyone for sharing their successes, failures and just plain good advice for the benefit of us all. Ride ON !!!!

bikerchris1270
10-25-2020, 12:54 PM

64 years young.
09 Goldwing and a 19F3L.....Enjoy riding each one.

BobCat01
10-25-2020, 05:49 PM
Age is 70 and the trike is the Ryker 900.

Previous bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 purchased 8 years ago, never really felt all that comfortable on it. not scared, just not comfortable and at ease, but did ride it some. Sold it earlier this year and bought the 900 ACE. Wow, Now I really feel comfortable and relaxed and the enjoyment factor has increased ten-fold! Have driven the Ryker more in the last 6 weeks than I drove the Vulcan in the last 2 years. Thanks Can-Am for putting the fun back in riding for we older types of new riders.

Vincef329
10-30-2020, 10:57 AM
My first post and my first 3 wheeler. I'm 56, rode 2 wheels on and off all my life.
Delivery is next tuesday, 2020 Ryker Rally. Just in time to put it up for winter.