PDA

View Full Version : Guided tours by BRP

Indyron
12-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Has anyone experienced any of these tours? Am thinking about Grand Canyon next Aug or Sept
https://www.vip-adventure.com

pegasus1300
12-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Looks like a nice idea. I wonder if there is a discount if you bring your own Spyder? I like the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon trip.

ARtraveler
12-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Worth watching to see what it is all about. I probably would not pay to take my Spyder someplace that I can drive to myself. :popcorn:

This may be a good thing for those interested in a very special test drive. They will quickly find out if the Spyder is for them.

UtahPete
12-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Has anyone experienced any of these tours? Am thinking about Grand Canyon next Aug or Sept

Why would you need a guided tour on a rental bike? Just go yourself on the same route, at your own pace, and save yourself $5000.

UtahPete
12-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Looks like a nice idea. I wonder if there is a discount if you bring your own Spyder? I like the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon trip.

Paul, I'll take you on that tour for 1/2 the price!

Highwayman2013
12-03-2018, 05:02 PM
It does seem expensive.

oldgoat
12-03-2018, 08:13 PM
It does seem expensive.

You got that right!!

MikeT
12-03-2018, 10:47 PM
It does seem expensive.

Plus you're on the hook for nearly all of your meals, and who sets the hotel rates???????

Bfromla
12-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Wonder what mileage they will cut the bike off at & sell at what discounted :dontknow:price?:dontknow: would be considered used if titled never transferred?!

canamjhb
12-03-2018, 11:28 PM

I have toured every place mentioned except the Quebec tour. Been on most of these tours more than once. The trips look pretty good. But, we have done all without going on any organized tour. Wife and I like setting our own pace and we always enjoy who we are traveling with. We go slow, usually traveling 200-300 miles per day. These organized tours could be a good experience for new-Bs who want a one time experience without committing to the ownership or touring lifestyle. As for me, I'm committed. (And according to those who know me, I probably should be.)........ Jim

stmike 1800
12-04-2018, 08:11 AM
Very expensive ,to rich for my blood .Would love to do the rocky's ride ,was there in the 70's .

Jarred
12-04-2018, 10:42 AM
If my wife and I did that tour, it would cost about the same as buying a new Ryker. Think I’d rather have a Ryker and tour myself. But I think it’s cool that you get to ride different BRP/Can Am vehicles in different terrain. Curious to hear peoples reviews after they do it. Till then...I’m happy w my RTL.

2dogs
12-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Why would you need a guided tour on a rental bike? Just go yourself on the same route, at your own pace, and save yourself $5000.

Pete, I'm with you and Jim on this one. I was once told that anything, and I mean anything, could be sold at almost any price if it were packaged and promoted properly. I know, because I've been a victim myself once or twice.

grumpyoldretiredcop
12-05-2018, 01:18 AM
I think that for a newbie, it might seem like a low-threat, low-challenge approach to seeing if Spyder touring is for them. Personally, I wouldn't care to take that kind of tour with a group of folks who might never have ridden either a motorcycle or a Spyder. My preference goes to programming a route into my GPS, making my own reservations and changing plans if that's what we want to do.

ARtraveler
12-05-2018, 01:07 PM
I think that for a newbie, it might seem like a low-threat, low-challenge approach to seeing if Spyder touring is for them. Personally, I wouldn't care to take that kind of tour with a group of folks who might never have ridden either a motorcycle or a Spyder. My preference goes to programming a route into my GPS, making my own reservations and changing plans if that's what we want to do.

Excellent point about riding with a bunch of novices. That could make for some potential dangers. :popcorn:

2dogs
12-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Excellent point about riding with a bunch of novices. That could make for some potential dangers. :popcorn:

:agree: wholeheartedly. I try to avoid groups whenever possible, however, when flying, diving, riding or whatever, I take the point man or the tail gunner position when traveling in a group is unavoidable. In those two positions you have options to avoid trouble. In the middle you have almost no options.:pray:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Oh wow, 3 star hotel. seems very expensive to me.

pegasus1300
12-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Thanks Pete:roflblack::roflblack:

Road-Kill
12-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Not about to pay someone for something I can do myself for free.
All you need to complete a fun trip is....
1. Research a trip/route and enter that data into your GPS.
2. Find someone to join you.
3. Pack and leave.

Indyron
12-08-2018, 10:24 AM
I didn’t realize we had so many travel critics with opinions about something they never did. Oh well I should have known better!

Road-Kill
12-08-2018, 10:42 AM
You posted something Spyder specific in a Spyder specific forum and didn't realize you would receive critical comments?
Seriously?
How do you know anyone here has not done one of these paid rides or know of someone who did?
My opinion comes from both research and I know several friends who did them.
Friends who did them all tell me they had a wonderful time yet not one said they would ever do it again.
Why? Because the costs were astronomical, they were kept on a very strict schedule and no refunds are ever offered.
They were also forced to ride, dine and shack up with strangers who weren't always the friendliest.

I didn’t realize we had so many travel critics with opinions about something they never did. Oh well I should have known better!

UtahPete
12-08-2018, 11:05 PM

I've never climbed Mt. Everest or crossed the Antarctic, but I know I don't want to do either.

Big F
12-09-2018, 01:39 PM
I echo your thoughts on paying someone to lead me somewhere I can go myself??????? duh???
BIG F

ARtraveler
12-09-2018, 02:08 PM
The tours to exotic places seem to do well. In some situations I would like a tour guide and everything planned out. However, most have go your own way options if you choose. You just have to meet up for nights.

A guided tour in the US does not seem as good--given the prices being asked. I bet we can find hundreds of great tour guides just amongst our SL group. Most every state has good guides. :yes:

GS1
12-09-2018, 09:03 PM
My wife and I are thinking about do this; she does not like riding just us ( 2up ), she prefers to be in a group, like when we were at SpyderQuest, she fears the other cagers out their. I agree there maybe non riders who want to try this out, but for the most part I think it will be riders or former riders, who want to experience the Spyder or the country. As for the cost, if it were just me, i would not do it, as I'll ride anywhere any time, and to tow my bike out their so we can ride goes back to us riding on our own, but when i showed her the page she became really excited and has been thinking about canceling our other trip planed for later next year. So for us it seem to be a good option. I was in Vegas a few years ago and tried to figure out how to get my bike out there, it was not cost effective with our circumstances.

DGoebel
12-10-2018, 12:32 AM
GS1 and IndyRon, though many might not think this is for them, if you think it's going to be good for you, your riding and traveling style, GO FOR IT!
We did a group BUS tour of National Parks out of Vegas back in '07 and could have booked that trip ourselves. The Tour company even listed each hotel the trip was going to, Every side trip provided, all the details and I could have made calls to each and saved some money. We did Grand Canyon, Oljato-Monument Valley, Page, Bryce and Zion, (Didn't go to the Navajoe Bridge, wished we did).
But the "tour guide" for our trip turned out to be a college professor of history who's focus had been the US southwest. We took a group of 7 on that trip and were part of a larger group of about 30. We met many new folks and thoroughly enjoyed that trip. Was just looking through pics of that trip the other day, still makes me smile.
I hope we're riding through that area and see some of these tours!