PDA

View Full Version : ryker screen

stu
11-27-2018, 12:22 AM
i ride a rt ltd with a big screen to stop wind buffetting.is there any screen options for the ryker for the ones that still want protection,

Highwayman2013
11-27-2018, 01:00 AM
There it is and it’s adjustable.

RykerUSA
11-27-2018, 07:24 AM
I'm not jumping up-and-down about its looks. How about you?

Sarge707
11-27-2018, 08:30 AM
Not sure anything will look great on the Ryker? I'm hoping it just blocks the air flow off the head/helmet- I don't mind side wind.
If you look carefully there are 4 holes for screws that you can fit another slightly larger windshield BUT I would be cautious as to how much weight the display will support?

Highwayman2013
11-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Seems to work well and is adjustable without tools. The aftermarket will come up with something.

Jarred
11-27-2018, 09:43 AM
I love the way the Ryker looks but a bit concerned about being seen by drivers. Our Spyders are highly visible (especially w my Spyderpops LED Bumpskid). But Ryker is lower to the ground, darker w smaller lights. Guessing they will need some LED’s to increase visibility. And riders should wear high visibility gear. IMO. But even considering that.... I still want one!

Sarge707
11-27-2018, 10:55 AM
I love the way the Ryker looks but a bit concerned about being seen by drivers. Our Spyders are highly visible (especially w my Spyderpops LED Bumpskid). But Ryker is lower to the ground, darker w smaller lights. Guessing they will need some LED’s to increase visibility. And riders should wear high visibility gear. IMO. But even considering that.... I still want one!
I already bought Alpena Super Bright Red 12 inch led strips I am simply going to Posi-Tap into the front fender light wires and the 12 inch led will run down each back of front fender and be both running and turn as the fender lights are. I'm sure TricLed will come up with one.

Chupaca
11-27-2018, 11:17 AM
This a new model and the aftermarket guys still have not gotten thier hands on them. Soon as that happens and depending on sales they will jump in with both feet. Need to give them a chance though they are already getting a start on them....:thumbup:

Rob Rodriguez
11-27-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm going to try running with no windshield for a while and see how that goes (if I buy one). I just have the short stock shield on my RS and that's fine.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-27-2018, 02:34 PM

You can light them up like a Christmas ( which of course works better in the dark ), but imho the people who hit veh's isn't because you aren't noticeable. It's because there heads are very far up their ***'s. These folks also hit trac. trl's , cement trks, snow-plows and Fire Trucks with all their lights and sirens going...……...ride safe - ride happy ……….Mike :thumbup:

Jarred
11-27-2018, 02:47 PM
You can light them up like a Christmas ( which of course works better in the dark ), but imho the people who hit veh's isn't because you aren't noticeable. It's because there heads are very far up their ***'s. These folks also hit trac. trl's , cement trks, snow-plows and Fire Trucks with all their lights and sirens going...……...ride safe - ride happy ……….Mike :thumbup:

LOL Mike, so true! I don’t know what scares me more, the “Texters” Drunk Drivers or deer strikes! One day I was driving on the expressway and saw another driver reading a book....actually had a thick novel type book opened on his steering wheel. Smh.

ARtraveler
11-27-2018, 02:50 PM
I turned my early GS(2008) and RS(2009) into RT's--before they were invented. Not easy--because aftermarket parts were few, far between, and very expensive. I had $23K into $15K machines. Many here did the same.

It remains to be seen how far this will go with the Ryker. A very inexpensive (compared to the Spyder line), machine. I am not going to bite. Already have the "full blown" versions.

I am thinking that most will leave them pretty much "stock" as far as touring gear goes. One saddlebag still seems a bit strange to me.

Jarred
11-27-2018, 06:25 PM
My buddy wants to preorder one w all the bells and whistles. I keep telling him to just get the Ryker he wants (600cc/Rally etc) just a matter of time before aftermarket parts come out, and will most likely be made w better material and cheaper. And I’m curious to see what the people who lease plan on doing. Can’t really upgrade a leased machine, unless it has option to buy. I can’t wait to see it in person. Think my dealer gets one in a week or so.

stu
11-27-2018, 09:07 PM
ok thanks everyone for input.your right the after market guys will already be watching and planning one.

Markubis
11-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Whenever I build my Ryker up (which is almost every other day, lol) I always add the lighted hand protectors to the equation. I like the idea of additional lights higher up off the street, figuring that they will be more visible. Also, being on the hand area, they will/should be visible from the sides.

In addition to that, I am expecting the aftermarket companies to jump in with additional options.