PDA

View Full Version : Likes and Thanks

pegasus1300
11-26-2018, 11:28 AM
I thought I was doing great after the upgrade and all my features were working just fine.Now I find that my Likes and Thanks buttons have disappeared. I can see that others are still useing those buttons but I can no longer find them.Where do I go to reactivate this feature?

trikermutha
11-26-2018, 11:34 AM
I still have them at the bottom of your post

Not sure about your issue?

Easy Rider
11-26-2018, 11:35 AM
I was just about to say that I don't see it either......but then I went to the VERY bottom of the post display, a couple of lines below the bottom of the actual post window......and there they are.

Edit:

BUT THEN.....I see those options below YOUR post but NOT for the first reply that follows it.
Something odd is going on.

Oops.....now I see it below the second reply post too ??????

pegasus1300
11-26-2018, 12:24 PM
yes I can see that you have them you have actually used them,but I do not have them at the bottom of your post. ???

trikermutha
11-26-2018, 12:26 PM
The only ones I dont see are the ones I posted. Everyone else I do.
Maybe your screen size is causing this?

pegasus1300
11-26-2018, 12:29 PM
I am on large,full size computer and I have not had that problem weather on my phone or the big computer. I am using Chrome.

Easy Rider
11-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Are you looking BELOW the actual post box ?
There is a line with "Reply" and "Reply with quote" on the right end.
The "thanks" and "like" appears a couple of lines BELOW THAT......if it is there at all.
Right before a large red "Reply to thread" button.

It almost looks to me like there is some time delay before that line appears.
Like a few minutes immediately after the post is made it will not be there.

P.S. This is NOT a good sub-forum for a thread like this.

UtahPete
11-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Are you looking BELOW the actual post box ?
There is a line with "Reply" and "Reply with quote" on the right end.
The "thanks" and "like" appears a couple of lines BELOW THAT......if it is there at all.
Right before a large red "Reply to thread" button.

It almost looks to me like there is some time delay before that line appears.
Like a few minutes immediately after the post is made it will not be there.

P.S. This is NOT a good sub-forum for a thread like this.

I don't see it on my phone, tablet or desktop. Just not there.

Bob Denman
11-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Hi Pete,
Nothing like this?

Chupaca
11-26-2018, 02:20 PM
I have the same problem but Anthony mentioned some of us did not get that feature and he will fix that asap....:pray:

ARtraveler
11-26-2018, 02:50 PM
They are working for me. :popcorn:

2Paw
11-26-2018, 03:20 PM
You need to make sure you are looking at someone else's post and not your own. You can't like your own post.

pegasus1300
11-26-2018, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem but Anthony mentioned some of us did not get that feature and he will fix that asap....:pray:

And I see that he has actually fixed that as he apparently has for you as well.So Anthony thank you very much for your rapid intervention.

ofdave
11-26-2018, 05:11 PM
It works for me.

Just curious, why do some find it necessary to "thank for a post" and "like" the same post?

Seems to me that you obviously like a post if you take time to say thanks for it.
But you "like" it as well? What's the reasoning? Is redundancy your thing?

TicketBait
11-26-2018, 10:54 PM
It works for me.

Just curious, why do some find it necessary to "thank for a post" and "like" the same post?

Seems to me that you obviously like a post if you take time to say thanks for it.
But you "like" it as well? What's the reasoning? Is redundancy your thing?
obviously davey, you are not on the same page as I.

You see I am going to thank you right now for you posting your thoughts/opinin.

However I don't like your own answer. Not well thought out. LiKng a post is saying I agree? Get it?

yeah you probably do, but if not I will have someone else share their analogy/ Thats why there are so many color choices in the universe. d e e p

Chupaca
11-26-2018, 11:14 PM
And I see that he has actually fixed that as he apparently has for you as well.So Anthony thank you very much for your rapid intervention.

Sort of....now if you "Thank" the "Like" disappears :dontknow:

TicketBait
11-26-2018, 11:32 PM
Sort of....now if you "Thank" the "Like" disappears

not true,

look above, ie #1 or #10 post

Lew L
11-26-2018, 11:40 PM
Once I click on either a like or a thank----- the other one disappears??? I did this a number of times and it happened each time. And yes----- I'm using Chrome.
Lew L

Chupaca
11-26-2018, 11:47 PM
not true,

look above, ie #1 or #10 post

Thing is there are those that did not have both disappear as we did and therefore have no problem. Those of us that did lose them got them back but can only use one as the other disappears...I'm sure it will be fixed...:thumbup:

UtahPete
11-26-2018, 11:51 PM
This has nothing to do with the necessary update and everything to do with creative zeal gone a little off the rails I think.

I just have to wonder who is making these decisions.

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-27-2018, 02:25 AM
Sort of....now if you "Thank" the "Like" disappears :dontknow:

:agree:...……. That's what's going on mine also :banghead::banghead:...………. Mike :thumbup:

Big F
11-27-2018, 04:19 AM
I laughing my butt off reading all of the technical issues you guys are talking about! As I am "technically challenged", it is amusing seeing others experience issues I face daily with my desktop. Keep up the effort as I have nothing else to do these cold winter days...
BIG F

Bob Denman
11-27-2018, 07:43 AM
obviously davey, you are not on the same page as I.

You see I am going to thank you right now for you posting your thoughts/opinin.

However I don't like your own answer. Not well thought out. LiKng a post is saying I agree? Get it?

yeah you probably do, but if not I will have someone else share their analogy/ Thats why there are so many color choices in the universe. d e e p

:agree: You can appreciate the fact that a message was posted; even if you don't happen to like what it said...

Bob Denman
11-27-2018, 07:46 AM
This has nothing to do with the necessary update and everything to do with creative zeal gone a little off the rails I think.

I just have to wonder who is making these decisions.
Rest assured: they know what they are doing... nojoke
The "Who" that it is; isn't as important, as the fact that they keep this place afloat.

ofdave
11-27-2018, 08:18 AM
.The "Who" that it is; isn't as important, as the fact that they keep this place afloat.

absolutely correct!

all those who continually bitch and complain must really have empty lives.

Saluda
11-27-2018, 08:44 AM
Wouldn't want to lose this site !

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-27-2018, 09:17 AM
You need to make sure you are looking at someone else's post and not your own. You can't like your own post.

In the words of Sgt Schultz, "I see nothing!" They ain't there for me at bottom of your post, or any other post!

AnthonyG
11-27-2018, 09:52 AM
In the words of Sgt Schultz, "I see nothing!" They ain't there for me at bottom of your post, or any other post!

I chkd your account & they show up just fine as they should.

IdahoMtnSpyder
11-27-2018, 11:47 AM
Thanks. I see them now!

Lew L
11-27-2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks Anthony,

The world is correctly spinning on its' axis.