PDA

View Full Version : ISCI website and product now available!!

Venom21
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I just wanted to update all of you who have been interested in our after market Spyder products about the launch of our website page. As of today, you can log on to www.industrialspecialty.com and click on the Spyder parts page. On that page you will find a complete listing of all the parts we are currently offering, descriptions, and pricing. Pictures are also offered both stand alone, and installed. There are links available for instillation instructions and directions on how to order product right now!! We are up and running and taking orders. Go see for yourself.

Firefly
06-10-2009, 10:35 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

This stuff looks fantastic on the Spyder - best looking aftermarket boards to date. If I ever decide to go with floorboards - these would be the ones.

Nice job !

Hopefully you'll post the brake kit soon?

Venom21
06-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes. The handbrake kit is done, just needs to be tested a little more. Look for that to be released very soon.

jedd
06-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Very cool stuff nice work:2thumbs:

shunkmanitu
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
www.industrialspecialty.com (http://www.industrialspecialty.com)

Is there a Federal assistance program to help pay for the floorboards? Guess I will go with the Kury Spider pegs to hold my big feet till nest year. If I can then get the FBs then Sunkawakanwi will get the Kury pegs.

aka1004
06-10-2009, 11:59 AM
will parking brake extension fit the brake pedal on right also?

SpyderGirl
06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Looks like good quality stuff, but way out of my price range.

fastfraser
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM

:agree:

Dudley
06-10-2009, 10:01 PM

That's for sure. I seem to be one of the few that think rider floorboards are awkward (for my feet on the Spyder). I had them on 3 different crusiers, 100,000 miles and loved them, but not for the Spyder. I sat on 2 different Spyders with different floorboards and ankles were at the wrong angle with my lower leg. I guess I am built crooked.

ptoemmes
06-11-2009, 12:10 AM
That's for sure. I seem to be one of the few that think rider floorboards are awkward (for my feet on the Spyder). I had them on 3 different crusiers, 100,000 miles and loved them, but not for the Spyder. I sat on 2 different Spyders with different floorboards and ankles were at the wrong angle with my lower leg. I guess I am built crooked.

I've commented in several posts and discussed this with Billy. here I go again. I mocked up the ride height of the floorboards by stacking scrap lumber on the garage floor under the Spyder.

It's unlikely I could comfortably use the extended brake arm-pedal without fully lifting my foot off the board. Fortunately it looks like pivoting on the ball of my right foot I can engage the stock brake pedal using my heel.

I also am not sure I my left ankle is in the right position to engage the extended shift arm without again lifting the foot as opposed to pivoting on the heel.

On my since departed 2006 Road Glide the "forward controls" were such that leg position was lower and more forward than on the Spyder so ankle position and hell pivoting was not a problem.

If you look closely at the Spyder City floorboards - awkward as they may appear with having to cut the tupperware - it's clear that affords at least a more forward foot position.

The more I think about it the more I think KewlMetasl highway peg brackets where you can keep the stock pegs is the solution for me. I sonder if you can engage the stoick brake pedap with yout right heel using the KM brackets with pegs.

Pete

Firefly
06-11-2009, 12:30 AM
For me the forward pegs that NMN sells give plenty of relief on longer trips - only problem is you are not as close to the controls. The handbrake would be a great addition in that respect. Still couldn't shift - but stopping would be easier.

I'm curious to know the clearance of these floorboards.

I'm really not feeling the need for floorboards - but man oh man do these things look sharp!

bjt
06-11-2009, 06:40 AM

That reminds me of a nursery rhyme. :D

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/there_was_a-crooked_man.htm

Motza
06-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Venom...what's the cost of the hand break that you are testing?

:lecturef_smilie: Sorry, no free giveaways to Ca. residence :roflblack:
(thats hits my funny Bone)

TwinPeaks
06-11-2009, 06:50 AM
I like them, but the cost is way out of my range. Spent my money on seat and bags.

fastfraser
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Maybe NMNs Magicman can start selling ISCI stuff and along with his Juice it and breath easy sale { great deal ordering to-day } he can have a Juice it and ride easy sale.:2thumbs:

Dudley
06-11-2009, 12:13 PM
That reminds me of a nursery rhyme. :D

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/there_was_a-crooked_man.htm

You must have really dug deep for that one. I hadn't heard about that poem for over 50 years! Thanks for the memory.:2thumbs:

Venom21
06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Venom...what's the cost of the hand break that you are testing?

:lecturef_smilie: Sorry, no free giveaways to Ca. residence :roflblack:
(thats hits my funny Bone)

Don't have one yet. Won't till testing is done.