PDA

View Full Version : I'm out for the count....

Chupaca
11-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Was waiting for the dust to settle learn the new ways of the site but ..... now I can no longer add emojis, post thanks or likes, read notifications and get even get around. @#$%*** so I will just watch from the outside...Those that can have at it....

Blue Star
11-20-2018, 10:08 PM
When you post above the screen you will see (from left to right) the remove font, the paste, bold, Italic, underline, font, size, text color, then a smiley face button. Click on it, and you will go to the emojis on the post. As for the thank for the post and like the post, I still see it is there.

JerryB
11-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Hi Gene,

Re: I can no longer add emojis

Here are some: :banghead::doorag:nojoke:bowdown::lecturef_smilie:

Jerry Baumchen

1. I went to: Reply With Quote
2. I then went to: Go Advanced
3. There they were, on the right-hand side as before

Highwayman2013
11-20-2018, 11:07 PM
:popcorn:

grandbug
11-20-2018, 11:11 PM
I can't read any post unless I disconnect from my VPN.

Bfromla
11-20-2018, 11:45 PM
Bummer glad you were able to make/start this thread, I've found the quick reply post litte quirky as well & always at the bottom of the page. Using the go advanced is more of a preview post but brings back the old familiar post format. Give it a try if you will please , hate to see you go bud.
:(

canamjhb
11-20-2018, 11:58 PM
Have some patience. I, too, was frustrated and started the thread "what was wrong with the way it was". I learned a lot and got my question answered. Now if I click on Forum and then click on "todays posts" it works almost like what I was use to when I used "whats new". I find emojies are stilll there. Just have to click on the smily face and the usual emojies pop up. I'm slower than most and way too old to shift into a faster speed. But getting to be able to navigate around a little easier each day. Stay with us:cheers:

2dogs
11-21-2018, 12:07 AM
Was waiting for the dust to settle learn the new ways of the site but ..... now I can no longer add emojis, post thanks or likes, read notifications and get even get around. @#$%*** so I will just watch from the outside...Those that can have at it....

Hang in there Cupaca, don't go so soon. Hell, if I can do it, anyone can. :yikes:

ARtraveler
11-21-2018, 12:11 AM
PM is on the way. :bowdown:

sandman53
11-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Still trying to figure it out!

Bob Denman
11-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Gene,
Hang in there; Bro! It's all going to work out just fine... :thumbup:

By the way: which Browser are you using?
I bounce between Edge, Chrome, and IE11...
Chrome works the best.

You just have to believe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lXfAPf4Vc

jlc41
11-21-2018, 08:47 AM
Neanderthal 1 here, it's all good just something to get your blood flowing. As others have said, hang in there your input is welcomed.

Joe

PMK
11-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Rest assured, if the upgrade could have been accomplished with zero changes it would have been done that way. The complexity of making all the different browsers, interact and play well sometimes has "concerns". As was already mentioned, without an upgrade, there would be nothing at all here. Most likely your Spyderlovers fix would have been via Facebook, and no doubt that raises the hair on the neck of many.

The site / forum controls are in good hands and while some changes are less popular and forced upon us, not by the person implementing the required changes, the forum software and the company that distributes that software is the root of the changes.

Anthony has been very receptive to smoothing out every pebble in the road he possibly can. I had asked about being able to scroll multiple photos in a topic, he enabled that which we previously did not have. Myself, I am having spellcheck issues on the IPad at this site. He reached out and we tried to resolve it not just for me, but everyone.

Yes, sometimes, stepping back from the keyboard and then reapproaching is a good way to reengage. Certainly no shame in that.

I am confident that with a bit more distance on the learning curve, it will all become easy and with great flow.

I often explain to others, regarding various technical topics outside of Spyders, or maybe in regards to riding features on Mountain Bikes. Adapt, Overcome and Conquer. Same applies here.

Have fun and all the best with it.

wingit3611
11-21-2018, 09:46 AM
It's all part of the modern world we live in. Fast changing.

billybovine
11-21-2018, 09:47 AM

Click on advanced and it will be as before.

sealfloorboards
11-21-2018, 11:25 AM
I'm on Safari and posting is no problem, even while I'm here in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Ride in comfort,
John

LeftCoast
11-21-2018, 12:12 PM
You know too much about these things, you’re not allowed to not participate.:bowdown:

2dogs
11-21-2018, 12:29 PM
It's all part of the modern world we live in. Fast changing.

And, money and control are the driving forces that fuel the changes. :bowdown:

Chupaca
11-21-2018, 08:52 PM
Took the day off and came back, after finally getting the internet back, to test things with a full reboot and find a couple things are working once again. Still have some that don't but can manage...:bowdown:

Two cats
11-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Took the day off and came back, after finally getting the internet back, to test things with a full reboot and find a couple things are working once again. Still have some that don't but can manage...:bowdown:
that's ok, soon all will be good in the world once more and you'll be back to your old self.:chill: Happy Trails My Friend:riding: