PDA

View Full Version : Ride Like a Pro Video

ARtraveler
11-20-2018, 04:00 PM
I know that there are many on board who also ride two wheels as well as a Spyder.

Therefore: the following information.

I recently purchased Ride Like a Pro Video. (PS--$2 less if you purchase through Amazon).

Been riding two wheelers since mid 1960's. Many of the "big iron" flavor. Never took a riding course. My bad on that one.

The video has proved to be very helpful--so far from the armchair quarterback position. Going to do some parking lot stuff in the spring for sure.

I am at that "give me 40 acres to turn this rig around" and found three things I was doing wrong. Going to fix them in the spring and be more confident in riding my 900cc/750 # cruiser. :yes:

Grandpot
11-20-2018, 06:12 PM
I bought that video several years ago. Best thing I ever did. I have a Valkyrie and it is a bit top heavy. After a little practice, I could turn lock to lock.

UtahPete
11-20-2018, 07:06 PM
I have that video, along with a book on 'Proficient Motorcycle Riding' plus several training courses back when I rode two-wheels.

Now that I'm only on 3 wheels very little of that applies. But, I'm glad I learned to ride properly and refresh my skills periodically before I switched over.

Lew L
11-20-2018, 10:52 PM
I loved my Valkyrie. It could dance surprisingly well for a big girl.

canamjhb
11-20-2018, 11:14 PM
There is an older video titled "Officer Donnie Williams Tears up the Course...." I don't know how to post it here.....hope someone else does. Amazing demonstration of bike handling and control. Makes me feel like a rank ammuature.....

wyliec
11-21-2018, 07:35 AM
There is an older video titled "Officer Donnie Williams Tears up the Course...." I don't know how to post it here.....hope someone else does. Amazing demonstration of bike handling and control. Makes me feel like a rank ammuature.....

https://www.wimp.com/officer-donnie-williams-tears-up-the-course-at-the-grand-prairie-police-motorcycle-rodeo/

Bob Denman
11-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Riding a motorcycle is just like sex: If you learned your moves on the Street: you're probably not as effective as you could be! :D

Grandpot
11-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Riding a motorcycle is just like sex: If you learned your moves on the Street: you're probably not as effective as you could be! :D

Bob, that's the most profound post you ever wrote!:firstplace:

Bob Denman
11-21-2018, 08:45 AM
That's just proof of the old adage: "If you have an infinite number of monkeys pounding away on an infinite of keyboards: they will eventually type all of the World's greatest literary masterpieces." :thumbup:

Lew L
11-21-2018, 11:23 AM
We are all "rank armature" compared. I couldn't walk the course as easily as he road a full dress ( heavy ) motorcycle .

BUT---- don't look at the bike. Look at his eyes and where he is looking. As with many things " ya go where you look".

Lew L

Bob Denman
11-21-2018, 11:31 AM
As with many things " ya go where you look".

Lew L

That's another thing that motorcycles and sex have in common. :clap:

ARtraveler
11-21-2018, 02:43 PM
We are all "rank armature" compared. I couldn't walk the course as easily as he road a full dress ( heavy ) motorcycle .

BUT---- don't look at the bike. Look at his eyes and where he is looking. As with many things " ya go where you look".

Lew L

"Ya go where you look" was one of my "bads." And "don't look at the ground in front of the bike" was another.

cruisinTX
12-29-2018, 05:41 PM

Lew L

So what happens when you are driving down the hiway and look at scenery on either side of the road? :sour:

Sarcasm of course; in order to share this for a more complete thought process on the subject of you go where you look.

https://www.msgroup.org/tip.aspx?num=116