PDA

View Full Version : Demo ride on Buell 1125 at strip

nater1
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Demo rode new Buell 1125 at the strip. That motor has a nice power band. It will be interesting performance if BRP installs in a Spyder.

Dudley
06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Demo rode new Buell 1125 at the strip. That motor has a nice power band. It will be interesting performance if BRP installs in a Spyder.

Last time I signed on this Forum, it was a SPYDER Forum, not a Buell. The Spyder has a Rotax engine, get over it. What you want won't happen.

beka
06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
If I'm not mistaken, so does that Buell.

Dudley
06-09-2009, 10:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken, so does that Buell.

OK, I stand corrected.

Firefly
06-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Yes - this is their first Rotax engine - had gotten really good reviews. Very similar to our Rotax - which is why he mentioned it.

Dudley
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Yes - this is their first Rotax engine - had gotten really good reviews. Very similar to our Rotax - which is why he mentioned it.

Didn't they used to be sold by Harley? Or are they still? What engine did they used to have?

Firefly
06-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Didn't they used to be sold by Harley? Or are they still? What engine did they used to have?

Yup - they are sold thru HD dealers - but not all dealers sell them.

They used to have HD engines -----:D

Dudley
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Yup - they are sold thru HD dealers - but not all dealers sell them.

They used to have HD engines -----:D

So my thinking was right. I just wasn't current. Last I heard they had Harley engines.

PE2817
06-10-2009, 01:04 AM
They hae both engines. The only Buell model that uses a Rotax in the 1125R. I am not sure how much longer that will happen as they are not selling well.

widowmaker2011
06-10-2009, 06:16 AM
The Helicon 1125 Rotax motor was specifically designed by Rotax for Buell and resides in the 1125r and 1125cr. Most industry insiders show this motor going into the Ulysses XB12XT and 12X and perhaps one other mount in the Buell line this year. As for the 1125 not selling well , it is actually just the opposite , it sells very well , and with the CR now dominating the track and winning so many races it is bringing alot of traffic to Buell showrooms.
Back to the Helicon motor , it is "similar" to our 990 , but is not simply an overbored and stroked 990. There are significant differences . Would it work in the spyder ? Yup. But lacks reverse and would have to have the cases redesigned to accommodate that. I would rate it as significantly more powerful than our 990 , it is really a great running motro but perhaps a bit more harsh. Look for BRP to source their 1200 triple basic design now used in the seadoo and skidoo line up for any "larger" spyder touring models in my opinion. The Helicon motor has more than enough snot to pull our bike or the larger touring model that is rumored around , but if they are going for the Goldwing experience , they will go to their triple.

Signed , a happy Buell and Spyder owner. :thumbup:

Donk45
06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Last time I signed on this Forum, it was a SPYDER Forum, not a Buell. The Spyder has a Rotax engine, get over it. What you want won't happen.
Jump the gun much :2thumbs:

Bersquack
06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah, someone had a short fuse last night!

Let's all take a deep breath!;)

barkingspyder
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I rode the 1125r and was personally a bit let down, and I own a Buell. Then again, I have never rode a bike that sooo desperately needed a new pipe. I like Buells cornering abilities and think there may be a good bike in that 1125r somewhere.

nickcaro
06-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I had 15k miles on my 1125r when I trade it in.... It was my second Buell and I loved it... Hell yes that is a sweet Rotax motor, but it also loves to guzzle fuel. I'll cross my fingers for something else.

bone crusher
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
The Helicon 1125 Rotax motor was specifically designed by Rotax for Buell and resides in the 1125r and 1125cr. Most industry insiders show this motor going into the Ulysses XB12XT and 12X and perhaps one other mount in the Buell line this year. As for the 1125 not selling well , it is actually just the opposite , it sells very well , and with the CR now dominating the track and winning so many races it is bringing alot of traffic to Buell showrooms.
Back to the Helicon motor , it is "similar" to our 990 , but is not simply an overbored and stroked 990. There are significant differences . Would it work in the spyder ? Yup. But lacks reverse and would have to have the cases redesigned to accommodate that. I would rate it as significantly more powerful than our 990 , it is really a great running motro but perhaps a bit more harsh. Look for BRP to source their 1200 triple basic design now used in the seadoo and skidoo line up for any "larger" spyder touring models in my opinion. The Helicon motor has more than enough snot to pull our bike or the larger touring model that is rumored around , but if they are going for the Goldwing experience , they will go to their triple.

Signed , a happy Buell and Spyder owner. :thumbup:

A buddy in my riding group has the Ulysses xb12x or xt and it's a very nice bike...I don't think he plans to upgrade, but he was talking about the rotax the other day...apparently, it is quite popular...