PDA

View Full Version : IS IT JUST ME?

oldguyinTX
11-15-2018, 09:13 PM
Or are there major changes to this forum? Big yellow banner at the top when I log in, 5 or more pages of "What's New", (which aren't). I realize that there have been some tech issues over the last few days, and Lamont being ill, but things here seem really different to me. Anyone else agree/disagree? I have seen other posts about the tech side, but no opinions as to where the forum might be headed. Comments?

DGoebel
11-15-2018, 09:28 PM
It's just the new update to the forum software.

UtahPete
11-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Or are there major changes to this forum? Big yellow banner at the top when I log in, 5 or more pages of "What's New", (which aren't). I realize that there have been some tech issues over the last few days, and Lamont being ill, but things here seem really different to me. Anyone else agree/disagree? I have seen other posts about the tech side, but no opinions as to where the forum might be headed. Comments?

Yes, there are some changes. No, it does not signify a new direction for the forum. I'll bet this year's cars have a different interface than last year's too. Progress, not revolution.

Chupaca
11-15-2018, 11:29 PM
We now have an active site and server tech who is working on this place. Things will be fine but you are right things are a bit up and down but getting better...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
11-15-2018, 11:57 PM
A few tech updates, but I don't think much has changed. There have been no special directions to the new moderators either.

PMK
11-16-2018, 06:35 AM
The yellow banner. My guess is it may contain notes to be read. My laptop has it but the IPad does not. Possibly it has disappeared on the laptop also.

Knowing they are making program updates I just roll with it.

Yes there now are multiple pages of whats new. Seems the system does not archive based on your last visit however, if you open a new topic and close it, not being new any longer it is placed is the applicable forum until someone elses adds to it.

A bit cluttery, though no big deal, and there is a dividing bar that shows where you last left off.

BryanSD
11-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Personally, I like the changes I'm seeing. There are always new unexpected behavior changes in software updates but one you get to know them...all is good. For instance, the "What's New" isn't broken but has been broken into two new sections: 1) what's been updated since you last visited and 2) what hasn't been updated since your last visit BUT still relatively new UNREAD posts.

2dogs
11-16-2018, 09:27 AM
If something works, somebody has to get in there and fix it.:gaah: :banghead: :mad:

Bob Denman
11-16-2018, 09:34 AM
A few tech updates, but I don't think much has changed. There have been no special directions to the new moderators either.

:agree: Same Story: New Day... :thumbup:

Lew L
11-16-2018, 10:44 AM
I fix my computer with a hammer :roflblack: and I'm OK with the new up dates to the forum. Maybe its because I use chrome system to drive the computer.

Lew L