PDA

View Full Version : Brake failier light comes

mrpeeps240
11-15-2018, 08:06 PM
The brake fail light and parking light come on but brakes and parking work fine

wd8ajj
11-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Had that happen on my 14 and found out that the brake fluid was down a bit. Topped off and never had the light come back on.

canamjhb
11-15-2018, 09:30 PM
It only takes a couple teaspoon of fluid to cause the Brake Failure indicator to go off. Try topping it off (but not too much).

ndspyderlover
11-15-2018, 09:50 PM
The brake fail light and parking light come on but brakes and parking work fine
Top off the brake fluid with an eye dropper or I use a turkey baster. It won't take much brake fluid to top it off

LeftCoast
11-15-2018, 10:25 PM
I just use the cap from the brake fluid bottle although I do worry about dropping it in the reservoir. As others have said the Spyder is really sensitive to the level. If I was a little low the light wouldn?t go on until I was pointed downhill, not by a lot either, then it would blink and the parking brake would not hold even though foot brake was fine. As others have said add a few capfuls or teaspoons or whatever but don’t over fill either. The brake pedal should feel firmer afterwards when you ride and you should feel it rise against your foot when you release the parking brake.

Chupaca
11-15-2018, 11:41 PM
There are several reasons for the warning lights ... worn down pads, brake light switch, fluid level, brake light bulbs, ryding with your foot on the brake but fluid seems to be the most common....:thumbup: