PDA

View Full Version : 2018 F3 Limited handle bar not centered

hrdware101
11-09-2018, 10:10 AM
I have a 2018 F3 LTD, which I picked up at the end of September.
Besides the mottled, cloudy pearl white paint job ( http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?116034-2018-F3-Limited-White-pearl-paintjob&p=1401751#post1401751), I also noticed that when going down a perfectly straight line, the handlebar is turned to the left a couple of degrees. The bike tracks well, so I don't think it's an alignment issue, but I could be wrong. On my visit to the dealer yesterday (when they opened a case file on the crappy paint job) I mentioned this to the service tech. He did not know how this could have happened, and had no suggestion how to fix it. He was talking about maybe needing to readjust both wheels with the handlebars held straight. I am a bit weary about letting them mess with the alignment, as I feel that they could make things worse....
I am trying to track down a laser alignment shop in my area (Long Island, New York), but the closest one is quite far from me.

Chupaca
11-09-2018, 11:37 AM
it is an alignment problem or better caused by not having the bars straight at the time they did the alignment. Simply they need to reset the bars and realign. Seems the dealer/BRP should cover this.....:thumbup:

frj322
11-09-2018, 12:33 PM
100% sure this is an alignment issue. Doesn't matter if it goes straight down the road or not. As a GM master tech I've done thousands of alignments, the last step is CENTER the steering wheel (in your case handlebars) and set the toe by turning the tie rods. Make them fix this... it's a brand-new machine and should ride like one. If your tech is stumped on how to fix this you should consider a new tech....

cptjam
11-09-2018, 12:55 PM
100% sure this is an alignment issue. Doesn't matter if it goes straight down the road or not. As a GM master tech I've done thousands of alignments, the last step is CENTER the steering wheel (in your case handlebars) and set the toe by turning the tie rods. Make them fix this... it's a brand-new machine and should ride like one. If your tech is stumped on how to fix this you should consider a new tech....
100% correct. Have the dealer realign the bike.