PDA

View Full Version : Seat Stain on body panels

Don K
11-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Hey guys-How do you get the stains from where the seat rubs against your Spyder body panels off?
These pics are from my Pearl White RTS that has the black/gray seat.
You can see where the seat rubs the panels.
Any suggestions?
Well I can’t get the picture to download

JayBros
11-07-2018, 06:26 PM
I've used Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax after a wash with very good resullts but basically I ignore them because they're hidden by the seat, are going to come back and I'm not into concours d'elegance nit-picking.

asp125
11-07-2018, 09:02 PM
If it doesn't remove with water or Windex, you might try a good car polish, or Goof-off. After it's clean, protect that area with clear film, or it will get dirty and scuffed again.

DGoebel
11-07-2018, 11:05 PM
All good suggestions above, but you might also consider adjusting your seat rearward to avoid that tight fit at the front. There's not much room, but I found I could adjust my '13's seat fore and aft about 1/2 inch. Your's may just be all the way forward at the rear hinge bolts. If you do adjust the hinges rearward you will likely have to adjust the seat pin up front back a bit also.

stillwater
11-07-2018, 11:45 PM
I have had good luck with the product Scratch Doctor. It works like real fine polishing compound.. use a good auto polish after
Hey guys-How do you get the stains from where the seat rubs against your Spyder body panels off?
These pics are from my Pearl White RTS that has the black/gray seat.
You can see where the seat rubs the panels.
Any suggestions?
Well I can’t get the picture to download

MikeT
11-08-2018, 11:20 AM
That BRP would design a seat that would fit correctly???? I'm sure this forward darkening is a common problem. In addition, my seat has "pocked marked" my paint down both sides of where the seat contacts the body. I'm 90kgs and my wife's 70kgs. Never had this problem with my 3-H-D Touring bikes or my 2-GL1800 trikes.
Mike

DGoebel
11-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Not an issue on my '13 RTL. There is some seat adjustment, maybe yours isn't.

Copperman
11-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Try a Magic Eraser. It works wonders.

canamjhb
11-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Maguires Medium Polish/Cleaner. Use by hand not a machine and it will gently clean it up easily. Follow up with a good coat of protective wax. Don't get too carried away. You only want to remove the grime, not the finish.