PDA

View Full Version : Riding gloves

bjt
06-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I have been using 4 different pairs of gloves (or sometimes no gloves) when riding and each has its benefits. One is for extremely cold weather, two for cold - cool weather and one for warm weather. They all fit well and feel good but my warm weather gloves have this stitching pattern on the fingertips that cause the seams to push on the fingertip and get just under my fingernail. Part of the reason is that those summer gloves are unlined so the seam is right on my skin. I was searching for some new gloves that would be more comfortable for the ride out to LA at the end of the month. I found these gloves from Castle Streetwear (http://www.castlesales.com/html/products.psp?catid=5&&useid=4&&typeid=51) at my Spyder dealer, NordRide. The ones I got are the perforated standard gloves, perforated leather top and finger sides, soft polyester mesh liner, palm pad and its put together with the seams out. No seams inside to cause discomfort. Nice gloves at a nice price ~ $30.

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I have been using 4 different pairs of gloves (or sometimes no gloves) when riding and each has its benefits. One is for extremely cold weather, two for cold - cool weather and one for warm weather. They all fit well and feel good but my warm weather gloves have this stitching pattern on the fingertips that cause the seams to push on the fingertip and get just under my fingernail. Part of the reason is that those summer gloves are unlined so the seam is right on my skin. I was searching for some new gloves that would be more comfortable for the ride out to LA at the end of the month. I found these gloves from Castle Streetwear (http://www.castlesales.com/html/products.psp?catid=5&&useid=4&&typeid=51) at my Spyder dealer, NordRide. The ones I got are the perforated standard gloves, perforated leather top and finger sides, soft polyester mesh liner, palm pad and its put together with the seams out. No seams inside to cause discomfort. Nice gloves at a nice price ~ $30.

Go to newenough.com...call them if you have to...they are really helpful and always have good products on clearance...I recommend any gloves with hypothenar gel...more comfortable...

jnt
06-09-2009, 10:09 AM
bjt -

Seams out seems to be a lost art in motorcycle gloves. I found a pair by a leather worker many years ago that were the most comfortable gloves I ever rode in. Have not seen any since - will definitely check these out!:clap:

bjt
06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
bjt -

Seams out seems to be a lost art in motorcycle gloves. I found a pair by a leather worker many years ago that were the most comfortable gloves I ever rode in. Have not seen any since - will definitely check these out!:clap:

Yep, so many of the gloves are made to look sleek or cool from the outside without much concern for the feel. For people only riding a few hours a week, looks can be the main selling point but for many consecutive days of 12 - 18 hours in the saddle riding to LA and back, I had to go with max comfort first. Its just a bonus that they still look good. :thumbup:

dragonheart
06-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I recommend any gloves with hypothenar gel...more comfortable...

:agree: Totally love my fingerless gel gloves for summer riding.

NancysToy
06-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Gloves are a bit like helmets, they fit everyone differently. I have had good ones and bad ones...most of the bad ones for reasons similar to those you subscribed. The seams just hit me in the wrong spot. One of my favorites for summer riding, and also one of the cheapest, is to find a pair of deerskin work gloves that fit. You do have to watch the seams in the fingers, but I usually am able to find a pair on the rack that don't offend. Evidently there is a lot of variation in seam width and finger length, even in the same glove. The right gear can make or break a ride. I hope these work out well for you.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Dudley
06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Boy am I cheap! I go to Walmart, sports section and buy workout gloves. Under $10. Padded and ventilated, leather and mesh. Last for thousands of miles. I also own a pair of winter gloves that were pricey...not from Walmart.

bjt
06-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Boy am I cheap! I go to Walmart, sports section and buy workout gloves. Under $10. Padded and ventilated, leather and mesh. Last for thousands of miles.

Gotta give my dealer some business (besides the initial Spyder sale). :D :D