View Full Version : 600 vs 900 speed test

Winnex3
10-28-2018, 05:35 PM
https://youtu.be/7su_PCei_e8

Sarge707
10-28-2018, 08:44 PM
https://youtu.be/7su_PCei_e8

Thanks!
Wow- Is interest dropping because of the speeds???
Martin Openly kids that he is a Whale at 275 Pounds- But if your 75-100 pounds LESS your Speed and Especially acceleration "Should " be proportionally better???

Batmobil-F3
10-29-2018, 06:08 AM
Values determined by Martin

monkeyboymorton
10-30-2018, 01:52 PM
What I really want to see now is an F3 on the same road in the same test. That would give us a proper comparison. I might message Martin.............

OK, just read the youtube comments and Martin pretty sure his F3 would get to 100km in aroud 5 seconds. Shame he didn't run the same test on his F3 on that road though.

Winnex3
10-30-2018, 02:40 PM
What I really want to see now is an F3 on the same road in the same test. That would give us a proper comparison. I might message Martin.............

OK, just read the youtube comments and Martin pretty sure his F3 would get to 100km in aroud 5 seconds. Shame he didn't run the same test on his F3 on that road though.
That also be when he was a few pounds lighter

Kratos
11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
According to Martin, the F3 is twice faster than the 900 Ryker. It basically does all the accel tests in half the time. That's a big difference.

Rob Rodriguez
11-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Thanks!
Martin Openly kids that he is a Whale at 275 Pounds- But if your 75-100 pounds LESS your Speed and Especially acceleration "Should " be proportionally better???

I think for some riders (me included) the speed and performance of the Ryker will determine weather its a viable machine for them. So, yes...interest will drop if it doesn't fit those needs.

Pirate looks at --
11-01-2018, 02:34 PM
I was going to say that guy has to be a bit of a LOAD! I am 163 lbs and a bit more with gear, and I had the 600 to 80mph by the end of an admittedly long freeway on ramp! My F3L is way faster on the same Ramp!

Sarge707
11-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I was going to say that guy has to be a bit of a LOAD! I am 163 lbs and a bit more with gear, and I had the 600 to 80mph by the end of an admittedly long freeway on ramp! My F3L is way faster on the same Ramp!

My last few rides on my F3 have been very spirited- The Ryker would be hard pressed to go around corners faster in my opinion. I will have a Ryker 900 but I won,t get rid of the F3 because the maintenance is still fairly easy and I won't be replacing the plugs for at least 3 years if I have BOTH in the garage- ALSO selling a used F3 now a days is getting Very difficult with the Big drop in prices and the competition of the $10,000 Ryker?

ARtraveler
11-01-2018, 04:59 PM
It is all about what you are expecting from your particular machine. The Ryker seems to be for bombing around town. Sub 100 mph speeds should be sufficient for most applications.

Others have said that the Ryker is NOT for touring. It will be done by a few--but it remains to be seen how happy they are going to be with it.

Price, lower weight, less accessories--all are going to make Ryker a bit "less" than the Spyder.

I am thinking we are running into apples/oranges here.

It does open the market for those who want a bit less, or don't want to shell out $30K plus for a machine.

A year from now--we should have most of the answers.

I am just going to watch this one. Not going to buy a Ryker for any reason. Have two Spyder RT's and I like the accessories plus the plush ride.

Geep
11-01-2018, 07:09 PM
It is all about what you are expecting from your particular machine. The Ryker seems to be for bombing around town. Sub 100 mph speeds should be sufficient for most applications.

Others have said that the Ryker is NOT for touring. It will be done by a few--but it remains to be seen how happy they are going to be with it.

Price, lower weight, less accessories--all are going to make Ryker a bit "less" than the Spyder.

I am thinking we are running into apples/oranges here.

It does open the market for those who want a bit less, or don't want to shell out $30K plus for a machine.

A year from now--we should have most of the answers.

I am just going to watch this one. Not going to buy a Ryker for any reason. Have two Spyder RT's and I like the accessories plus the plush ride.

if you can tour on a scooter or a bicycle I’m sure a Ryker will be more than sufficient. For one up touring do you really need a RT? We have been caught up in the “bigger is better” scenario IMO

Sarge707
11-01-2018, 08:12 PM
if you can tour on a scooter or a bicycle I’m sure a Ryker will be more than sufficient. For one up touring do you really need a RT? We have been caught up in the “bigger is better” scenario IMO
Your absolutely right! With the top case and the Side Case for a Single rider you could tour the country? Add a second person and your not going to have a lot of room.

Winnex3
11-01-2018, 09:33 PM
ok this guy is so right its all about having fun and i be leave you will if i want to go fast i have a very fast bike for that this just looks like its going to be a lot of fun

monkeyboymorton
11-04-2018, 07:44 AM
That also be when he was a few pounds lighter

LOL!!

monkeyboymorton
11-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Thanks!

True - rider weight is going to be a bigger factor on the Ryker as you say.

F3 = 913lbs + 275lbs for rider = 1188lbs. Riders weight is 30% that of the bike.

Ryker = 616lbs + 275lbs for rider = 891lbs. Riders weight is 45% that of the bike.

Weight is based on Martin's by the way!!! I'm not suggesting the average Spyder owner is 275lbs..........

Cobwebs
11-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to whether the 600 will be able to light up the tyres like the 900 can from a standing start.Most clips have only shown the triple in action:shemademe_smilie:

monkeyboymorton
11-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to whether the 600 will be able to light up the tyres like the 900 can from a standing start.Most clips have only shown the triple in action:shemademe_smilie:

There's no tire squeel in Martin's video so I would guess no. That could be due to lack of sport mode on the 600 so the traction control stops it slipping.

I presume Martin had the 900 in sport mode and that's why he got wheel spin in the video.

Cobwebs
11-12-2018, 05:50 PM
There's no tire squeel in Martin's video so I would guess no. That could be due to lack of sport mode on the 600 so the traction control stops it slipping.

I presume Martin had the 900 in sport mode and that's why he got wheel spin in the video.

Which begs the question whats available to get the ace 600 up and boogieing???

NewYorkSpyder
11-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Probably the best and most logical answer would be another cylinder and 300 more cc's. I use to this this with a Harley Sportster's people would cheap out and buy an 883 then spent over a thousand dollars to make it into a 1200 cc why not just buy the bigger unit to begin with.

Cobwebs
11-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Probably the best and most logical answer would be another cylinder and 300 more cc's. I use to this this with a Harley Sportster's people would cheap out and buy an 883 then spent over a thousand dollars to make it into a 1200 cc why not just buy the bigger unit to begin with.

Different licensing laws here Ryker 600 maximium size engine allowed for new riders for two years.Nothing like hosing off the triples with that annoying little learners bike too!Just part of the fun these alternatives bring.Must be a guru somewhere that can advise?