PDA

View Full Version : Got an email offer

gkamer
10-27-2018, 08:57 PM
Got an offer via email offering me one extra year of extended service if I pre-order my Ryker today. Sounds like a good deal.

NewYorkSpyder
10-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Sounds good but $250 deposit commitment required by January 31. No guaranteed delivery date and no expected date to even sit on one until late December or early January (maybe). Sounds good except they have your money and you get a piece of paper, sounds sort of like the Elio car deal.

old Timer
10-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Sounds good but $250 deposit commitment required by January 31. No guaranteed delivery date and no expected date to even sit on one until late December or early January (maybe). Sounds good except they have your money and you get a piece of paper, sounds sort of like the Elio car deal.

Cool, a glass half empty Guy. :(

I see it as a good deal, ie Glass half Full. :thumbup:

PMK
10-28-2018, 06:26 AM

I have not seen a Ryker in person yet, simply not been to a dealer lately. Word around my area is that some dealers do have floor models for display, and with that, some of the other local Spyder owners have seen them and sat upon tnem first hand.

wilpir
10-28-2018, 06:32 AM
I too was waiting for the Elio!! Big time scam,I even flew out to Arizona to see/test drive one on an invitation from the owner himself! Got there and none to be seen and they were pressuring me to give them a deposit..ah noooo..but the Ryker IS! going to be built..not a scam just get in line..looks good!!!:thumbup:

JayBros
10-28-2018, 07:12 AM
There was a Ryker demo bike at Maggie Valley that, IMO, didn't look as ugly in real life as it does to me in pictures of it. The glass level is not an issue for me but possible problems with a brand new design is. Life's too short to have a fun machine down awaiting problem resolution.

Sarge707
10-28-2018, 07:28 AM
I thought the deposit was $150 as Long as you put in a order before the 31st of Jan. 1 year warranty-one year best- you used to get 2 years warranty for NOTHING?

Chupaca
10-28-2018, 08:55 AM
What is extended service....I am always leary of those offers of longer warranties extended anything is like they do not have faith in their product. I would be more inclined if the offer is for discounts, accessories perhaps upgrades.. Especially when there is no history on the product....:dontknow:

SpyderSkeets
10-28-2018, 09:00 AM

Unless that deposit is non-refundable, so what? He would be reducing what he owes on the Ryker, albeit a very small amount, and gets an extra year on his warranty. At what cost to him? If you know of a way to investing that $250 and getting any type of gain worth holding onto in that short amount of time, please share.
If I was planning on buying a Ryker, I would absolutely do it

NewYorkSpyder
10-28-2018, 09:44 AM
This is the email reply I got from my dealer and this is a good reliable dealer.
"I am emailing you in regards to your interest in a Can Am Ryker. The first one we anticipate seeing will be the end of December/beginning of January. Preorder requirements are you must create the certificate/commitment to buy by January 31st, which includes a $250 deposit to get the preseason promotional warranty offer. As far as accessories, all of that stuff is done here at the dealership and they cannot be ordered with special accessories already installed."
Folks in the southern states are getting them 1st, snowy north east (snowmobile country) won't see them for a while.
I personally won't commit until my butt sits in the seat at least.

jaherbst
10-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Saw both the 600 and 900 at Boerne TX. Was there for the Texas Spyders in the Hills Rally. They were at Coyote Sports. Not my "cup o tea". Very naked machine. You could

spend a fortune on one after purchase to outfit it to be more "Spyder Like" and comfortable or to take a passenger.

Jack

Winnex3
10-28-2018, 11:24 AM
I thought the deposit was $150 as Long as you put in a order before the 31st of Jan. 1 year warranty-one year best- you used to get 2 years warranty for NOTHING?
I had to put down 500 with no refund guess I’m getting the Rally in army green

one2doo
10-28-2018, 12:15 PM
I put a deposit on a Rally at Moutain Motorsports for Becky. The said they had 38 on order. She can test drive and if she does not like it deposit refunded. They are great to deal with.

tibadoe
10-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Got an offer via email offering me one extra year of extended service if I pre-order my Ryker today. Sounds like a good deal.

That's a good deal in my book. If I was in the market for a Ryker, I would jump on it.

ARtraveler
10-28-2018, 01:57 PM

That extra year warranty could be a nice bonus. BRP is not going to mess with anybody's deposits. I waited over six months for my first spyder back in 08. I am guessing the wait will not be as long this time.

I would recommend go for it. :yes::yes:

ARtraveler
10-28-2018, 02:01 PM
What is extended service....I am always leary of those offers of longer warranties extended anything is like they do not have faith in their product. I would be more inclined if the offer is for discounts, accessories perhaps upgrades.. Especially when there is no history on the product....:dontknow:

There is always the possibility of a "glitch" in first models sold to the public. The extended warranty covers your butt.

Just got an extended warranty on my Subaru Outback for the CVT transmission. Appears they had some issues with the prior years Foresters. No cost. I am happy to get the extended warranty.

Winnex3
10-28-2018, 05:06 PM
166799 https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/experience/ryker/pre-order.html any one can get this deal as long as you pre order before january 31 2019 got mine already ordered just cant wait

old Timer
10-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Deposits being refunded are governed by your state law. In California for example, deposits are refundable by law.

My gut feeling is that there will be a strong demand for the Ryker. If you are worried and the state law doesn't make deposits refundable. Your position can be easily sold or traded to some one else especially considering the additional free warranty plus who knows what else.

My Glass is always half full. :thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
10-29-2018, 09:41 AM
166816Some hippies down the street already have one in their garage!

pegasus1300
10-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Remember guys the glass is refillable:yes: