PDA

View Full Version : What you y’all think?

Cavman
10-27-2018, 10:06 AM
https://www.wimp.com/nebraskans-weigh-in-on-their-states-controversial-new-tourism-slogan/

UtahPete
10-27-2018, 10:10 AM
https://www.wimp.com/nebraskans-weigh-in-on-their-states-controversial-new-tourism-slogan/
I think they're going to need larger license plates!

Honestly, I like it. I'm now more likely to check out the state for vacation travel.

Chupaca
10-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Should work out nicely for them...Tell people it is not for you and they will come in droves to see why...nojoke and they love it at least the visit...:thumbup:

tibadoe
10-27-2018, 11:13 AM
I like the new slogan.

canamjhb
10-27-2018, 11:34 AM
I knew a guy who used to live in Nebraska. But, he got over it and moved away.....

BajaRon
10-27-2018, 12:17 PM
I don't like it. But I don't think 'Liking it' was the objective (though it appears that I may be in the minority... again).

The objective is to get attention. What gets more attention than controversy? Nebraska is now in the news, probably being spoken about in social media, etc. I would guess that this is all new and at least gets people to consider Nebraska as a destination.

So, I'd say the new slogan and campaign is doing the job it was intended to do. And, you can always change it again if it doesn't work out.

ARtraveler
10-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Interesting slogan. A kind of a "sleeper" state. Sister lived in Omaha for awhile. We visited it twice. Saw the museum while there.

Have driven west/east through the state from Denver CO on the way to WI. Pretty flat and boring in that part of the State.

Drove South/North once also. Was going to SD to do some Badlands stuff. The hill country around Valentine was very interesting.

From the air--the farms are interesting. The big squares with the irrigation "circles."

We may actually end up visiting again. Linda has a sister there.

I think the slogan is appropriate.

seaweed
10-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Are we going to hear from Prairie Spyder???

Prairie Spyder is from Kansas!

UtahPete
10-27-2018, 06:59 PM
I don't like it. But I don't think 'Liking it' was the objective (though it appears that I may be in the minority... again).

The objective is to get attention. What gets more attention than controversy? Nebraska is now in the news, probably being spoken about in social media, etc. I would guess that this is all new and at least gets people to consider Nebraska as a destination.

So, I'd say the new slogan and campaign is doing the job it was intended to do. And, you can always change it again if it doesn't work out.
"What happens in .... stays in ...." was already taken :roflblack:

ARtraveler
10-28-2018, 02:18 PM
Prairie Spyder is from Kansas!

That was a nice catch. You are the only one to get an "A" so far. :roflblack::roflblack: