PDA

View Full Version : My drone compliation from this weekend

SpyderSkeets
10-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Hi folks!
Got another drone video of various locations from my ryde(s) over the weekend.

Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/noNsErpQF1w

ARtraveler
10-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Fantastic...AGAIN. :bowdown::bowdown: :firstplace::firstplace:

YIRYDE
10-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Very nice and I like the routes that you travel.

jaherbst
10-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Excellent my Dear Watson, just simply Excellent! Thanks for sharing this.

Jack

missouriboy
10-25-2018, 04:01 AM
Toward the end on that main highway, the drone kept up to speed nicely... I wonder how fast that thing can go?

SpyderSkeets
10-25-2018, 07:08 AM
Toward the end on that main highway, the drone kept up to speed nicely... I wonder how fast that thing can go?

It is rated to go up to 43.5 MPH while in "Follow Me" mode, but that is with Obstacle Avoidance off. When OA is on, the speed is significantly lower. I learned the hard way to keep Obstacle Avoidance on. I had it off and was going about 30MPH and it was keeping up with me quite nicely, but crashed into a tree that I thought was lower than the drone. Totalled the drone.

larryd
10-25-2018, 09:35 AM
I also REALLY enjoyed this video...

Wish I was techy enough to do this...

What is the ball park price of a drone with those features???

THANK YOU again for sharing...

larryd

crazycanuck
10-25-2018, 10:31 AM
It is rated to go up to 43.5 MPH while in "Follow Me" mode, but that is with Obstacle Avoidance off. When OA is on, the speed is significantly lower. I learned the hard way to keep Obstacle Avoidance on. I had it off and was going about 30MPH and it was keeping up with me quite nicely, but crashed into a tree that I thought was lower than the drone. Totalled the drone.

did you happen to download that video?

I crashed mine into a house :opps: while i was learning to fly it

tehrlich
10-25-2018, 12:30 PM
Excellent!! Loved watching it.

Just an FYI: YouTube may block your video because of the song. I've had this happen a couple of times. Sometimes you have to buy, or get, royalty free music.

SpyderSkeets
10-25-2018, 02:01 PM
did you happen to download that video?

I crashed mine into a house :opps: while i was learning to fly it

Because it was recording when it crashed, the file was corrupted and not playable

SpyderSkeets
10-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Excellent!! Loved watching it.

Just an FYI: YouTube may block your video because of the song. I've had this happen a couple of times. Sometimes you have to buy, or get, royalty free music.

Glad you enjoyed it.

As far as blocking, if anything, they would only block the audio. However, if that was going to happen, they usually do it pretty fast. Usually even before the video is done processing. I think there are artists and publishers who do not allow their music on videos and I think there are ones who don't mind

tehrlich
10-25-2018, 03:15 PM
Maybe they changed things. But, it would block my whole video. I've gone to buying royalty free music. However, I do a lot of video for my business. I don't need any cease and desist / lawsuit using copyright music.

crazycanuck
10-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Because it was recording when it crashed, the file was corrupted and not playable

too bad.....i am going to try mine on a ski hill this year, see how it does going down a run.

easysuper
10-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Thanks for sharing, just watching it makes one want to ride !

SpdrDvr
10-27-2018, 08:32 PM
:clap:
Hi folks!

Hope you enjoy!

How did you dodge those trees while riding? That would have been something to try two weeks ago when my brother and I rode the dragon! What drone do you fly?

Oh, and thanks for posting

Desert Spyder
10-27-2018, 09:54 PM
I LOVE IT! Whats the maximum forward speed you can do with the drone following you?

FlyboyOBX
10-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Great video. I have a mavic but not ready to have it follow me. Did u have a chase car flying it? Saw where it dodge some tree branches. Let me know if I want to meet in Warrenton sometime for a ride.

Hi folks!

Hope you enjoy!

FlyboyOBX
10-28-2018, 02:22 PM
The drone has an obstacle avoidance feature.

How did you dodge those trees while riding? That would have been something to try two weeks ago when my brother and I rode the dragon! What drone do you fly?

SpyderSkeets
10-28-2018, 05:00 PM
I LOVE IT! Whats the maximum forward speed you can do with the drone following you?

The maximum speed is 43.5 MPH, but that is with Obstacle Avoidance off. If obstacle avoidance is on, that speed is significantly reduced, but I'm not sure what the exact speed is.

SpyderSkeets
10-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Great video. I have a mavic but not ready to have it follow me. Did u have a chase car flying it? Saw where it dodge some tree branches. Let me know if I want to meet in Warrenton sometime for a ride.

No chase car. Just my drone and me. I use a Yuneec Typhoon H for the videos. I have a Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Zoom. Neither one of them can compare to the tracking capability of the Typhoon H

SpyderSkeets
10-28-2018, 05:05 PM

The drone that I use for these videos is a Yuneec Typhoon H. It has obstacle avoidance.