PDA

View Full Version : this guy spent some money on his or her spyder

aka1004
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
saw this one at the dealer today.

docdoru
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
..."is currently under construction and shall be available soon. Thanks for your patience." :popcorn:

barkingspyder
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Best I've seen yet. It's not entirely MY style(chrome...)but I like it. Woo Hoo!

Roaddog2
06-08-2009, 08:37 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Smylinacha
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/vomit.gif
Way too busy for me and what's the "safe s2x" thing advertised on his windshield?:hun:

bone crusher
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM

Yuck...IMHO, it's ugly...

Smylinacha
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM

Thank you - Fugly is more like it!

aka1004
06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
i don't like chrome myself. i been trying to find a way to de-chrome my kury grips so i can put them on spyder.

i did say he spent alot of money, i did not say i like it:D but it's all about individuality when it comes to spyder i think.
it reminded me of them low-riders with jumping hydraulics.

Some Guy
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I am not a huge fan of chrome, but I appreciate the effort to make that Spyder unique. :clap:

Everyone: Keep up the good...I mean...GREAT work!!! :ohyea:

bone crusher
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Thank you - Fugly is more like it!

You're funny...I'm withya on that...it's like the 16 year olds who go out and buy a 10k honda civic and then put 20k of ugly mods into it...they should just go buy a BMW! This bike is heinous...what's up with those handlebars? Do they glow in black light? :wrong::gaah:

SpyderDeb
06-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Have to agree - but if we all like the same thing that would be boring :ohyea:

dltang
06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Boy, I hope that poor spyder owner doesn't decide to join spyderlovers only to see his spyder being trashed to the max. The owner obviously invested a lot of time, effort and money into his ryde. No one else has to like it but him. Just because you are on a forum and don't see a person face to face does not mean you can't hurt someone's feelings. If you don't care for it, you can say that but be a bit more gentle folks. On that note, I will say, it is not my thing but I do appreciate the look and the hard work and I truly hope that this owner enjoys his spyder and has lot of great riding miles.

Some Guy
06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Boy, I hope that poor spyder owner doesn't decide to join spyderlovers only to see his spyder being trashed to the max. The owner obviously invested a lot of time, effort and money into his ryde. No one else has to like it but him. Just because you are on a forum and don't see a person face to face does not mean you can't hurt someone's feelings. If you don't care for it, you can say that but be a bit more gentle folks. On that note, I will say, it is not my thing but I do appreciate the look and the hard work and I truly hope that this owner enjoys his spyder and has lot of great riding miles.

:agree:

jimclarkf1
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
welcomelooks like a GREAT PAINT JOB, and its DIFFERENT, is that so bad:thumbup:

Star Cruiser
06-09-2009, 12:00 AM

spyderrider44
06-09-2009, 01:47 AM
:agree: and just think these people might be at BRP event in Hollywood :gaah: also welcome new spyderryder :yes: :yes::yes:

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 03:31 AM

Come on...we're not attacking him personally...we're commenting on what the heck he's done to his bike...

I think we should be honest...the thing is sinful!

Then again, that's just my opinion...

bjt
06-09-2009, 04:36 AM
I like it. :thumbup: If all that chrome was black powdercoat, it would be perfect. :thumbup: :thumbup:

fastfraser
06-09-2009, 07:19 AM
:2thumbs: Nice ride . Truely his own.

SSR
06-09-2009, 07:33 AM

Each :spyder2: is personalized to the owners liking.
Only the owner has to like it , ride it and pay for it

I give it :2thumbs:

wyliec
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Come on...we're not attacking him personally...we're commenting on what the heck he's done to his bike...

My opinion is everyone's Spyder is an extension of themselves. So, you can believe all you want that you are not attacking someone personally; jmo.

Lamonster
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Like every Spyder I've ever seen, there are things I like and things I don't like. I'm sure people think the same about my Spyder but at least you'll be able to find that one in the parking lot. :doorag::2thumbs:

bjt
06-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Like every Spyder I've ever seen, there are things I like and things I don't like. I'm sure people think the same about my Spyder but at least you'll be able to find that one in the parking lot. :doorag::2thumbs:

Amen. :agree:

draboo
06-09-2009, 08:00 AM

You bring up an excellent point, Lamont. With the amount of Spydies that are gonna be in various parking lots in LA, I m thinking of painting my windshield florescent green.:yikes:
BOT, its a radical machine, done with quality workmanship.

Desert Spyder
06-09-2009, 08:03 AM

Sinful??!! Let's face it, we are ALL wasting good money in this poor economy for a toy to feed our mid-life crisis. And I'm loving it! Every dime we put in modifications, paint, chrome, gadget, wardrobe, et al, is non-budgeted.

If we are truly a unique culture, which we are, then perhaps we should collectively back a favorite charity. But thats another thread.

Jeff in Dallas
06-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Good for them! Maybe not my paint style, but I like the chrome much better than all the painted plastic on mine! :D

draboo
06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
If we are truly a unique culture, which we are, then perhaps we should collectively back a favorite charity. But thats another thread.

THERE YA GO!! Lets all sell our spyders (except me, of course) and donate the money to my..oops I mean our favorite charity..my bank account!!

I ll have the one and only Spyder on Grand Camen Island! :clap:

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
My opinion is everyone's Spyder is an extension of themselves. So, you can believe all you want that you are not attacking someone personally; jmo.

Wow...if someone says something about my bike, I just smile...who cares...if someone gets offended, then they're taking themselves and their bike a little too seriously.

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Sinful??!! Let's face it, we are ALL wasting good money in this poor economy for a toy to feed our mid-life crisis. And I'm loving it! Every dime we put in modifications, paint, chrome, gadget, wardrobe, et al, is non-budgeted.

I'm all for the charity thing...many could benefit from all the money spent on unnecessary mods for our bikes...but then the sponsors would get a little testy!

Charity is very important and we should all do our part, whether as a group, or individually...

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 08:32 AM
THERE YA GO!! Lets all sell our spyders (except me, of course) and donate the money to my..oops I mean our favorite charity..my bank account!!

I ll have the one and only Spyder on Grand Camen Island! :clap:

We always knew you had an agenda! :D:D:yikes:

daddydarko
06-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I have to agree with Deb. Comments should be constructive. That being said, if you have a radical modification done and decide to post it anywhere, you have to expect some grief.

As someone who has been there, I can tell you it sucks to dump all that money and man hours into an idea to have it trashed in just a sentence or two. You guys cut me some clack because you know me but the other forum provided no such leeway. I doubt I'll be back there as a result and as Deb said, this owner isn't likely to make a home here either.

I like the swing arm work personally. The paint is a little busy though and ads on Spyders are a :lecturef_smilie: to me. It screams "dealer bike" to me. I'm always partial to bikes that are ridden- not trailered a block away to be ridden to the show.

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I have to agree with Deb. Comments should be constructive. That being said, if you have a radical modification done and decide to post it anywhere, you have to expect some grief.

As someone who has been there, I can tell you it sucks to dump all that money and man hours into an idea to have it trashed in just a sentence or two. You guys cut me some clack because you know me but the other forum provided no such leeway. I doubt I'll be back there as a result and as Deb said, this owner isn't likely to make a home here either.

I like the swing arm work personally. The paint is a little busy though and ads on Spyders are a :lecturef_smilie: to me. It screams "dealer bike" to me. I'm always partial to bikes that are ridden- not trailered a block away to be ridden to the show.

DD,

Our world is too PC as it is...everyone who comments is doing just that...commenting...

I would rather have honesty than a bunch of 'yes men/women'...those who nod their heads at whatever someone says or does...it makes for a more constructive discussion.

Many here throw ideas around...most are awesome...some are not...if people want opinions, they're gonna get them...and that's the way it should be...

In this case, the owner didn't post the pics...someone else did...but, it's open for discussion and hence open for comments...

So be it...no harm is meant by anyone here (I hope)...we all love our spyders and what we do to them to make them unique...if someone is comfortable with themselves, and I guess their spyder, what someone else says shouldn't matter...following this thread, all comments are about the bike, not about the owner...this is fair game, IMHO...

daddydarko
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
DD,

Our world is too PC as it is...everyone who comments is doing just that...commenting...

I would rather have honesty than a bunch of 'yes men/women'...those who nod their heads at whatever someone says or does...it makes for a more constructive discussion.

Many here throw ideas around...most are awesome...some are not...if people want opinions, they're gonna get them...and that's the way it should be...

In this case, the owner didn't post the pics...someone else did...but, it's open for discussion and hence open for comments...

So be it...no harm is meant by anyone here (I hope)...we all love our spyders and what we do to them to make them unique...if someone is comfortable with themselves, and I guess their spyder, what someone else says shouldn't matter...following this thread, all comments are about the bike, not about the owner...this is fair game, IMHO...

The forum/IM mentality begets bad etiquette. We stop being empathetic, thoughtful humans in favor of being horribly honest behind the veil of anonymity.

The owner did not post those pics and probably doesn't come here. But one day he might. I'm only saying we should take a few extra seconds to be honest AND constructive.

"That's ugly" or ":barf" only speaks to the lack of creativity and humanity of the commenter while saying nothing of any use/value to the poster.

Director
06-09-2009, 10:29 AM

As someone who has been there, I can tell you it sucks to dump all that money and man hours into an idea to have it trashed in just a sentence or two. You guys cut me some clack because you know me but the other forum provided no such leeway. I doubt I'll be back there as a result

James, that is your decision to make, but I think everyone here should understand that the responses to your machine on "the other forum" were overwhelmingly positive, and it was only one or two posters who were negative about it. :dontknow:

I agree with what Deb said as well. Flaming someone because you don't like what they have done to their Spyder is not constructive. When I see a mod that I don't care for, I simply refrain from posting anything.

Regards,

Bruce

Bersquack
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM
When I see a mod that I don't care for, I simply refrain from posting anything.

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
The forum/IM mentality begets bad etiquette. We stop being empathetic, thoughtful humans in favor of being horribly honest behind the veil of anonymity.

The owner did not post those pics and probably doesn't come here. But one day he might. I'm only saying we should take a few extra seconds to be honest AND constructive.

"That's ugly" or ":barf" only speaks to the lack of creativity and humanity of the commenter while saying nothing of any use/value to the poster.

So, lemme get this straight...if someone says positive things, we're good to go...everyone is happy.

If someone says something negative, it should not be said at all as it might offend someone?

Also, I would hardly call the forum a place for 'creativity and humanity'...it's a chat board, for Pete's sake...those who write 'that's ugly', 'fugly' or whatever, are simply commenting...they have a right to do so...

bjt
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Flaming someone because you don't like what they have done to their Spyder is not constructive. When I see a mod that I don't care for, I simply refrain from posting anything.
Regards,

Bruce

I agree. If I see something I don't like I either don't say anything about it or will state in so many words, "it's not my cup of tea but congrats on getting what you wanted" (unless its a jeuchler post, then I'll be brutally honest :D). Personally, I don't care for some of the heavy or overstated spider themes but I don't rip those Spyders up in my comments. The person who owns it must like it that way and I respect that.

draboo
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Main Entry:tact http://www.merriam-webster.com/images/audio.gif (http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?tact0001.wav=tact%27)Pronunciation: \ˈtakt\ Function:noun Etymology:French, sense of touch, from Latin tactus, from tangere to touch — more at tangent (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tangent)Date:1797 1 : sensitive mental or aesthetic perception <converted the novel into a play with remarkable skill and tact> 2 : a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense
__________________________________________________ _____

I like to keep things simple. Either " I like it" or "It aint for me".

Now, if I was still boozin'..."WHO THE $%&*%%** SHLAUGHTERED THAT ShPYDER WITH THAT $%&&^^%!@@ PAINT SHLOB??" :D

Of course,30 years ago, there were no internet forums, so I would probably get knocked to the ground after making my opinion public!

On the other hand.. every coin has two sides. Side no. 2:

If one puts his/her pride and joy out there for everyone to see, one must be prepared for any negative comments, especially if what is out there is of a radical design.

I ve been tempered to critisism by working heavy construction all my life.Working with these fellow bozos, there isnt much I havent endured. This also comes with age and the slowing down of testosterone production (:clap: says wifey)

/etiquette lesson:D:joke:

I agree with DD. Its something that probably wont be ridden much.

Keep it light and enjoy your day!:thumbup:

SSR
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Is it really that serious? :gaah:

Firefly
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Looks better than those cheesy shark teeth----- :D;):shocked: :roflblack:

SSR
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Looks better than those cheesy shark teeth----- :D;):shocked: :roflblack:

I agree :ohyea:

draboo
06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Is it really that serious? :gaah:

no. I m bored

daddydarko
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
So, lemme get this straight...if someone says positive things, we're good to go...everyone is happy.

If someone says something negative, it should not be said at all as it might offend someone?

Also, I would hardly call the forum a place for 'creativity and humanity'...it's a chat board, for Pete's sake...those who write 'that's ugly', 'fugly' or whatever, are simply commenting...they have a right to do so...

:gaah:
"It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few."
Pythagoras

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I've always been fascinated by sharks...esp. land sharks...better than glow in the dark blue handlebars...but, that's just me. :ohyea:

Blackwidow74
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
The guy that customized that bike also did my bike. That was what the owner wanted so thats what he got. As you can see from my photos for the new Black Widow, I don't really care for chrome but a lot of people love it. The way we customize our bikes really is an extension of you, so it is what you like. No one else has to live with it but you, so make yourself happy.:2thumbs:

Firefly
06-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Reminds me of the 'ugly baby' Seinfeld episode----- :yikes:.

People say things online that they never would in person and you can never really read a persons 'tone' online. Never take anything too seriously - especially online!:ohyea:

If I saw a fugly bike in person I certainly wouldn't say so to the person - I would kindly wait until they were gone and then comment behind his back to my friends about the gross unsightliness.:shocked::ohyea::D

NancysToy
06-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm afraid that I agree that comments do not have to be "brutally honest." There is a polite way to say that you don't care for things someone else has done. I don't think any of the comments here really rose to the level of flames, but they were not sugar-coated, either. A little tact can go a long way to making new friends feel at home here. A quick look in the mods section will show you that we all have different tastes and styles. Let's all try to remember that.

As a frequent bike show head judge, I run into the question of personal taste quite often. I tell my fellow judges to remember that the workmanship is what counts, not a judge's personal taste or even his opinion of artistic interpretation. "Is what was done, done well?" "Does the custom work fit the vehicle." Those are the key questions, not "Do you like chrome or advertising?" (End of rant.)
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

bone crusher
06-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Reminds me of the 'ugly baby' Seinfeld episode----- :yikes:.

People say things online that they never would in person and you can never really read a persons 'tone' online. Never take anything too seriously - especially online!:ohyea:

If I saw a fugly bike in person I certainly wouldn't say so to the person - I would kindly wait until they were gone and then comment behind his back to my friends about the gross unsightliness.:shocked::ohyea::D

What if you saw a fugly person with a nice looking bike?

VIspyderman
06-09-2009, 02:30 PM

I wish someone had told me my first wife was fugly... before I married her! :gaah::roflblack:

vt228
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM

great job on spyder:congrats::firstplace: place in my book nice :popcorn:

jeuchler
06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
...If I see something I don't like I either don't say anything about it or will state in so many words, "it's not my cup of tea but congrats on getting what you wanted" (unless its a jeuchler post, then I'll be brutally honest ...

I agree.

Wait--what?!

bjt
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I agree.

Wait--what?!

:D :D :D Hey Massachusetts brother! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-070.gif