PDA

View Full Version : It's funny how fast things can Change...

Bob Denman
10-21-2018, 11:54 AM
So here I was: the happy owner of an RT-Limited, and a Toyhauler RV with which to haul it with us... :shocked:
Suddenly: the bike is sold...:barf:
A golf cart is ordered...
And now: the Toyhauler is sold also! :yikes:

We figured that we didn't need a secure garage for a cheap golf cart; so we're getting a Tiffin Wayfarer as a replacement RV! :clap: It'll have more room for the two of us, in spite of being over 5 feet shorter. :thumbup:

Adios: old friend...

And welcome to the Wayfarer!

Chupaca
10-21-2018, 11:57 AM
You plan and god laughs....:roflblack: congratulations and sure gald you were able to back out of it all so nicely. Great new motorhome...:clap::clap:

LeftCoast
10-21-2018, 11:59 AM
One way or another adventures await! Congrats Bob!

UtahPete
10-21-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm sure it was a wrenching decision after planning for a Spyder retirement, but that's a nice new rig you have and it should take you to some great adventures.

ARtraveler
10-21-2018, 02:21 PM
:congrats::congrats: on the new RV. We both like the looks of that one a lot.

:bowdown::bowdown:

ARtraveler
10-21-2018, 02:35 PM
PS: Was wondering about your previous statement about dealer "negotiations." Now we know what you bought. Before then, was wondering if Ryker was in the future, based on some other comments you had made. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-21-2018, 05:16 PM
I'll always be thinking about another Spyder... :D
The funny thing about this deal: we sold the Thor for over $8000 more than we paid for it!
How the Hell that ever happened: I have no idea! :yes::yes::yes:

The new Tiffin is built on a Mercedes Sprinter Chassis.

I always told the Missus that I'd buy her a Mercedes some day... I never realized that I'd have to buy a house in order to do it! :shocked:

Peter Aawen
10-21-2018, 06:34 PM

I always told the Missus that I'd buy her a Mercedes some day... I never realized that I'd have to buy a house in order to do it! :shocked:

Why is that such a stretch?? :dontknow: You KNOW that some people hafta cough up for new kitchen bench tops just to get a few farkles for their Spyder... and a Mercedes is a fair bit bigger'n more expensive those farkles! It's only logical & to be expected, innit?? :rolleyes:

:roflblack: :roflblack:

Netminder
10-21-2018, 07:13 PM
Very nice looking rig Bob! Enjoy the (S)miles. :thumbup::thumbup:

Two cats
10-21-2018, 07:55 PM
The funny thing about this deal: we sold the Thor for over $8000 more than we paid for it!

May you and the misses have many happy days motoring around in the new ride. Happy Trails My Friend

wyliec
10-22-2018, 02:40 PM
I missed those posts where you were selling your spyder. So, yesterday I typed in "golf+cart", and came upon the thread. I am sorry that you had to give up the spyder for health reasons.

Holly
10-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Traded a Ford for a Mercedes ?????? What are you some part of the unamerican lefty mob ????? This is Merica dammit !!!!! :joke:

Only playin.............. Congrats on the new rig, she is a beauty !!!!!! :thumbup:

sandeejs
10-23-2018, 12:05 AM
I'm debating a travel trailer toy-hauler. Bumper pull. But first I have to get a bumper with which to pull it. My Rav4 won't pull much of anything. Since I live in a condo, also have to figure out where to store it.....
~Sandee~

Bob Denman
10-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Traded a Ford for a Mercedes ?????? What are you some part of the unamerican lefty mob ????? This is Merica dammit !!!!! :joke:

Only playin.............. Congrats on the new rig, she is a beauty !!!!!! :thumbup:

We've been up to Amsterdam twice in the past two weeks...
(Alpin Haus...)

Dmetcalf
10-23-2018, 07:19 AM
Is it a Diesel engine or gas ..? Mercedes is known to build some pretty stout diesels ..!
Congrats and enjoy .!

Bob Denman
10-23-2018, 08:20 AM
It's got the V-6 diesel in it. :thumbup:

We figure that it'll probably outlast the both of us! :D

jlc41
10-23-2018, 08:42 AM
Congrats on your new rig, happy travels to you and yours.

Joe

Bob Denman
10-23-2018, 09:00 AM
I'm debating a travel trailer toy-hauler. Bumper pull. But first I have to get a bumper with which to pull it. My Rav4 won't pull much of anything. Since I live in a condo, also have to figure out where to store it.....
~Sandee~
The RAV4 is only rated for 1500 pounds...
(We've got a 2015 Limited, and it's been a great car!)

Happy hunting for the "right bumper"! :thumbup:

Dmetcalf
10-23-2018, 09:43 AM
It's got the V-6 diesel in it. :thumbup:

We figure that it'll probably outlast the both of us! :D

No doubt about that..! The diesel motors that are well maintained will run half a million miles and run well throughout that time period..! They are engineered for torque so running up hills are usually never a problem for them. Good choice..👍

Bob Denman
10-23-2018, 10:08 AM
:agree: :thumbup:
But a lot of the more compact Class C rigs are now coming on a Ford Transit Chassis.

Their little 5 cylinder Turbo diesel; puts about 25 more foot-pounds of torque under your right foot...

kep-up
10-23-2018, 02:24 PM
You are right about how things can change.

After riding single track motorized vehicles for over 50 years, and a Spyder RSS for 4 years, and having been retired for 2 years, I have been on the lookout for a luxury pop-up for my wife and myself to enjoy. something we can toss the bicycles on top of or the kayaks and go out with the dog for a couple of days and simply relax. She has not been a lover of riding either motorcycles or spyders and this way she and I can enjoy time spent together during our waning years. Needless to say, the RSS may be on the alter of sacrifice for this all to happen comfortably.

Time moves on and things change...……………

Along with that, one of my grandsons is interested in becoming involved with a competition trap league. Popop has sorta kinda volunteered to help with travel to and from competitions and the trailer would be rather handy in that. A whole lot more so than the spyder.

Bob Denman
10-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Hard-sided pop-ups are much more secure, and warmer at night... :thumbup:
Happy Shopping!

asp125
10-23-2018, 05:13 PM
So.. how much towing capacity does that thing have? Because the natural progress would be to ask if it can tow a trailer with a Spyder on it.

Bob Denman
10-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Just about 4,000 pounds... more than enough! :yes::yes::yes:

wyliec
10-23-2018, 09:32 PM
You want to pull a travel trailer / toy-hauler with a Rav-4? NO WAY!

I believe that was the point being made with the comment about the bumper.:dontknow:

Machinegunner
10-24-2018, 10:12 AM
Bob, are you going to still be on Spyderlovers??? We all need your comments. Things do change. My son found my original Mr. Norm's 1971 Dodge Demon and bought it. Since then, I bought a plum crazy 1969 Barracuda notchback. Something to expand the use of what free time I have. Have stay active. Good luke my friend with what ever you do.

UtahPete
10-24-2018, 10:26 AM
I believe that was the point being made with the comment about the bumper.:dontknow:

You're right. I mis-read it. Thanks.

LeftCoast
10-24-2018, 10:27 AM
:agree: :thumbup:
But a lot of the more compact Class C rigs are now coming on a Ford Transit Chassis.

Their little 5 cylinder Turbo diesel; puts about 25 more foot-pounds of torque under your right foot...

You obviously did your research, mind if I ask why you picked the Mercedes over some of the other options out there?

Bob Denman
10-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Truthfully: it came down to getting the floorplan that we felt would best suit our needs.
It happened to come from Tiffin, and they only use the Mercedes Chassis as the basis for their Class C RVs. :thumbup:

But they DO cost a bit more...

kep-up
10-24-2018, 03:51 PM
Truthfully: it came down to getting the floorplan that we felt would best suit our needs.
It happened to come from Tiffin, and they only use the Mercedes Chassis as the basis for their Class C RVs. :thumbup:

But they DO cost a bit more...

Cost a bit more? Yeah, but you can afford it. You own your own business. That makes you one of the "rich" ones.:p:yes::ohyea:

Bob Denman
10-24-2018, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJkMBMEwPk

kep-up
10-25-2018, 07:13 AM
I am happy you were able to see the humor in my statement.

I hesitated to post it because one has to be sooo careful about offending people these days. But then I decided you and I have similar sense of humor and did it.

I'll tip a wee dram of "th' water o' life" to you and the missus enjoying many hours of use of the new "home on wheels".

Bob Denman
10-25-2018, 08:00 AM
:D Believe me: it's all good! :thumbup:
Thanks for the kind sentiments...

As far as offending me: my hide is thick enough to stop a depleted uranium round fired from an Abrams! :bowdown:

PrairieSpyder
10-25-2018, 08:34 AM
Wow, Bob! I've been away for a while, and things have really changed for you. Last I heard you had only your Spyder for sale. And you must have made a killer deal on buying that toy-hauler to have gained $8k on the sale! Good on you!

I'm probably gonna sell my flat-bed trailer soon. I use it to haul my F3T behind my pick-up and RV. Interested?

Bob Denman
10-25-2018, 08:51 AM
The Golf Cart should be here next week: tell me more about your trailer... :2thumbs:

You've got my email: pictures and details can be sent directly to me! :D

How have you been?? I have noticed your absence in here... :shocked:

Peteoz
10-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Onya, Bob.......have a great time. It looks like a great set up:thumbup:

Pete

PrairieSpyder
10-25-2018, 06:28 PM
The Golf Cart should be here next week: tell me more about your trailer... :2thumbs:

You've got my email: pictures and details can be sent directly to me! :D

How have you been?? I have noticed your absence in here... :shocked:

Email sent.

I was at the Texas Spyders in the Hills rally last week. I used up the 15 gig hot-spot data allowance in 3 days and had to resort to only using my phone for all my internet access. It was my first rally for the Spyder Attic.

Trickie Dick
10-25-2018, 07:08 PM
Bob, as I recall you or your wife have a Mini Cooper. You might consider flat towing that if you still have it. We have a Leisure Travel Unity built on the same Mercedes chassis and the same 6 cyl diesel. We tow a Mini with no problem. We only take it when we are going to be in one place more than a couple of days. One of the advantages of the class B+ RV is you can park it in most places. It's still a PIA to pick up camp when you want to do a some sight seeing or just running to the store.

Motorcycledave
10-25-2018, 07:52 PM
Hey Bob !!!!
Golf is just about as exciting as watching paint dry

Jester
10-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Bob, Bring your new home to Nashville Tn then down the Natchez Trace Parkway and you will get a DEAL for a week at Riverview RV Park in Vidalia, La. You can also play with my brand new 2018 RTL! Appreciate what you have done here.👌

Bob Denman
10-26-2018, 06:52 AM
"Trickie"
(If I may call you by your first name... :D)
We DID have a really cool MINI; but traded it in... :banghead:
Our new setup allows for a proper "Toad", or a Golf Cart: not both.
At this point in time (with my legs being what they are): we'll use the Cart to get around the rV parks, and public transportation for seeing the local sights. :thumbup:

Dave,
I played Golf in High School for just long enough to know that nobody in the PGA would ever be knocking on my front door... :roflblack:
Now that my eyes are shot: if I manage to hit a golf ball... it's just gone and lost forever! :shocked:

Bob Denman
10-26-2018, 06:53 AM
Tennessee is definitely on our list of places to visit! :clap: :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
10-26-2018, 06:55 AM
Hi Patti!
I got the pictures, and am in the midst of negotiations with the Missus!
It's a real beauty! :thumbup:
Pop me a price; once you've got one in mind...

kep-up
11-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Here is the way it is. Bought the camper. With my lovely wife's blessing, I might add, and some equipment that she specified. Water closet; shower, A/C, Heat, hot water, stove, sink...... All the comforts of home. But!!!! The Spyder's still here!!

Two cats
11-10-2018, 03:30 PM

you have done good my friend. May the misses and you have many miles of happy motoring. Go out and enjoy the time together. Maybe one day y'all can get down Nashville way. Happy Trails