PDA

View Full Version : Riding through Rockies

dragonheart
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
My husband and I will be riding on I-70, staying overnight at a KOA outside of Denver, on our way to L.A. for Red Carpet Event. We'll be passing through June 20. Would it be wise for us to have our heated gear with us?

Thanks!

Cajunborn
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
I would say no but you never know at 12500 elevation at Copper mountain and Eisenhower Tunnel. It has been in the forties and fifties at those passes. Go to Accu-weather or weather underground to see what the temps are in those areas. You can also go to www.cotrip.org to see road conditions. Good luck and safe travels

dltang
06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
My husband and I will be riding on I-70, staying overnight at a KOA outside of Denver, on our way to L.A. for Red Carpet Event. We'll be passing through June 20. Would it be wise for us to have our heated gear with us?

Thanks!

Wow, Gayle, you guys are going north from south and we are going south from north. LOL go figure.

dragonheart
06-09-2009, 07:09 AM
I would say no but you never know at 12500 elevation at Copper mountain and Eisenhower Tunnel. It has been in the forties and fifties at those passes. Go to Accu-weather or weather underground to see what the temps are in those areas. You can also go to www.cotrip.org (http://www.cotrip.org) to see road conditions. Good luck and safe travels

Thanks for the info!

aka1004
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Thanks!

i used to live in denver and latest time of the year when it snowed was on may 31 in denver. i played golf in shorts in the afternoon and we went to dinner. when we came outside after 2 hours of eatin' and drinkin' it was snowing. now in the higher elevation on I70 it has snowed in july.

Recluze
06-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't know about the rockies but it was snowing in the Sierras on Friday night and they are a LOT lower than the rockies.

I don't know about heated gear but you should have a jacket liner at the least.