PDA

View Full Version : Air WIngs

Air Wing Guy
10-16-2018, 11:26 AM
How many are still enjoying their Spyders on the roads? Do you have Air Wings installed allowing you to stay warmer longer in the colder temperatures? Just checking in to see how everyone is doing this fall.

Big Juice
10-16-2018, 12:24 PM
How many are still enjoying their Spyders on the roads? Do you have Air Wings installed allowing you to stay warmer longer in the colder temperatures? Just checking in to see how everyone is doing this fall.
My air wings don't work for my hands. They are "under" the mirrors and the handle bars are "over" the mirrors, so it doesn't do me any good. My hands get cold and wet (the heated grips do help keep me on the road). Wish you made an adapter to mount the air wings above the mirrors......maybe I could just flip them over, what do you think?

NorthAlabamaSpyder
10-16-2018, 03:39 PM
My air wings don't work for my hands. They are "under" the mirrors and the handle bars are "over" the mirrors, so it doesn't do me any good. My hands get cold and wet (the heated grips do help keep me on the road). Wish you made an adapter to mount the air wings above the mirrors......maybe I could just flip them over, what do you think?

I have the airings for my thighs. I use Gerbings for my hands.

Peteoz
10-16-2018, 03:55 PM

Same here OJ....they really should be called “uppers” rather than “hand wings”. They do a great job with the upper body, but not much for hands. I do find that the Madstad screen does provide great protection for the hands when it’s cold and wet (fluked that one) ;).

Pete

remark2013
10-16-2018, 04:05 PM
Bought Air Wing at Spyderfest 2015, ride the bike every day it isn't snowing or there is ice on the road. Wings make all the difference on cold days. Wife liked them so much, when she got her own ride, Air Wings was one of the first purchases we made for her.

Kent

JP58
10-16-2018, 08:41 PM

I have your under mirror wings for my F3L. There good for upper body but with my F4 customs windshield my hands are cold. Need something above the mirror. Do not understand why F4 customs didn't extend the windshield there.

Peteoz
10-16-2018, 09:04 PM
I have your under mirror wings for my F3L. There good for upper body but with my F4 customs windshield my hands are cold. Need something above the mirror. Do not understand why F4 customs didn't extend the windshield there.

Yeah, it’s real horses for courses, JP..... The F4 cutouts mean you get really good flow on the hands and up the sleeves in summer, unlike the Madstad without the bottom cutouts, but in winter, the Madstad is better as it does not have the cutouts and keeps the cold wind/rain away. I do now leave the F4 on all year though, as the heated grips and decent gloves keep the cold at bay anyway.

Pete

Flamewinger
10-16-2018, 11:56 PM
If you had a set of hand shields, I'd be interested. hand shields are mounted to the handlebar so the shield protects the hand from cold winds. Figure out a way to mount to the Spyder grip area.

Something like this

Air Wing Guy
10-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Thank you all for your voiced opinions they are not being ignored, we are working on developing and seeing what we can come up with in this area. We will keep you all updated if we can come up with something.

IGETAROUND
10-17-2018, 08:14 PM
Have them on my Gold Wing and LOVE them

Pandy
10-18-2018, 07:47 AM
If you had a set of hand shields, I'd be interested. hand shields are mounted to the handlebar so the shield protects the hand from cold winds. Figure out a way to mount to the Spyder grip area.

Something like this
I use a variation of Hippo Hands,or handlebar muffs to ward off the elements. On my scooter,i use the Hippo Hands,on Pyder,i use muffs intended for ATVs. With slight modification,works for passenger grips as well. Oh,and Air Wings? Completely changed our Spyder experience,wonderful invention,keeps us warmer,cooler,and drier,depending on the environment. Just love them.

Air Wing Guy
10-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Have them on my Gold Wing and LOVE them

We have them for your RS too!!! At a extreme reduced cost online look em up we discontinued them due to no longer making the bikes we are getting rid of inventory go to our site and check out the prices unbeatable for what they do. www.bakerbuiltairwings.com

Flamewinger
10-19-2018, 10:02 AM
I tried to install my Hippo Hands but couldn’t get them on my ST. Will have to try them on the RT. Used them so much I had to use helmet cable locks to secure them as I caught a few trying to steal them. Have to dig them out.

Hand shields really really make a difference in cold weather.

F4 Customs
10-22-2018, 11:45 AM
F4 has developed a set of these air deflectors that are adjustable. They are above the mirrors and work with the F4 windshield only. You can either close off the air or open them for more air. Really does a nice job on the hands and upper body. Some folks have per-ordered and some wanted added to a list to be called when they come in. Here is what they are going to look like.
Give us a call at 330-968-4644 if you are interested. Don

Open Closed

Peteoz
10-22-2018, 03:11 PM
F4 has developed a set of these air deflectors that are adjustable. They are above the mirrors and work with the F4 windshield only. You can either close off the air or open them for more air. Really does a nice job on the hands and upper body. Some folks have per-ordered and some wanted added to a list to be called when they come in. Here is what they are going to look like.
Give us a call at 330-968-4644 (tel:330-968-4644) if you are interested. Don

Open Closed

They look fantastic, Don.

Pete

JP58
10-22-2018, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=F4 Customs;1398855]F4 has developed a set of these air deflectors that are adjustable. They are above the mirrors and work with the F4 windshield only. You can either close off the air or open them for more air. Really does a nice job on the hands and upper body. Some folks have per-ordered and some wanted added to a list to be called when they come in. Here is what they are going to look like.

Open Closed

What is the price for these.

Flamewinger
10-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Problem is you have to buy the F4 windshield. Also mounting to any OEM windshield that can be raised or lowered would not work too well. Good idea though.

Road-Kill
10-23-2018, 08:20 AM
https://www.laminarlip.com/cruisers.php
I put these on any windshield on any bike I've owned and they are a miracle!

Same here OJ....they really should be called “uppers” rather than “hand wings”. They do a great job with the upper body, but not much for hands. I do find that the Madstad screen does provide great protection for the hands when it’s cold and wet (fluked that one) ;).

Pete

jlc41
10-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Road-Kill (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?24432-Road-Kill) , look good, so which one do you use???

Joe

Road-Kill
10-23-2018, 09:41 AM
I put on the 10" side "ears" and it looks great and works wonders in both extreme cold and hot weather.
I have the f4 windshield and as such needed to drill and put 2 tiny bolts on each side to hold them on.
The sticky Velcro fasteners do NOT hold these ears on at highway speeds.

Road-Kill (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?24432-Road-Kill) , look good, so which one do you use???

Joe166673

Peteoz
10-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Problem is you have to buy the F4 windshield. Also mounting to any OEM windshield that can be raised or lowered would not work too well. Good idea though.

I think that most people buying these wings would already have an F4 screen, Flamewinger. Sounds like Don has had plenty of feedback from customers about how the bottom cutouts let a lot of winter “breeze” through, so he has come up with a solution, without removing the ability to allow summer venting. I’m certainly going to try a pair ;)......although they won’t have any impact on my hands as I have Lamont’s Billy Cubs bars ;)

Pete

F4 Customs
10-29-2018, 05:57 AM
Approx. $120 for clear and $130 for Tint. I will have them ready soon.

[QUOTE=F4 Customs;1398855]F4 has developed a set of these air deflectors that are adjustable. They are above the mirrors and work with the F4 windshield only. You can either close off the air or open them for more air. Really does a nice job on the hands and upper body. Some folks have per-ordered and some wanted added to a list to be called when they come in. Here is what they are going to look like.

Open Closed

What is the price for these.