PDA

View Full Version : Driver's Course Promo

dondje
10-16-2018, 06:54 AM
http://f.mail.brp.com/i/45/2088789511/BRP_Can-Am-On-Road_eBlast-REP-50_01.jpg (https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/learntoride/registration.html?utm_campaign=15_10_2018%7Conrd%7 Cna%7Ccheetah%7Cen%7Cus%7CREP_Pre-regist._50_All&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eBlast_pre-segmented_list&utm_term=main%7C0%7C0&utm_content=0%7C0%7C0%7C0%7C0)

tibadoe
10-16-2018, 06:36 PM
Found this offer in my email. Even though I already have my license, was thinking of taking advantage of this offer. Would be a good way to see how the Spyder handles and reacts before I purchase one.

bhern
10-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Found this offer in my email. Even though I already have my license, was thinking of taking advantage of this offer. Would be a good way to see how the Spyder handles and reacts before I purchase one.

I can't speak to the transition for an experienced rider, but for this total novice, I felt like the course was basically a two-day test drive of the Spyder, albeit under tightly controlled conditions. You certainly won't get the sense of rural/highway driving, but it'll help you confirm (or reject) the idea of a purchase. Depending upon your state, you may have to actually take/pass the skills test on a 3-wheeled bike -- I think that's the case in Washington state, if I read their rules correctly. In many places, the safety course waives that requirement.

Bfromla
10-16-2018, 08:19 PM
:thumbup: Extended test ryde with perks of a ryde coach & meeting other :spyder2: :chat::clap:

Flamewinger
10-17-2018, 12:00 AM
Many Spyder riders are not only new to the Spyder but new to motorcycling. The few states that don't require a M/C or 3 wheel license have classes that are only 4-5 hours. I've heard some states have classes that are 2 days. Many Spyder riders need motorcycle awareness as well as how to maneuver the spyders.

DavidJS
10-17-2018, 07:32 AM
I fit both categories - new to both Spyders and motorcycling. I took the rider course last weekend here in New Jersey. It was very informative and fun. I rode the class Spyders in ways I would not intentionally ride my new F3-S. I went through the slalom as fast as I could, and did the emergency stops extremely short. While learning and practicing, I was having a blast. One of the instructors said I looked like an 18-year old, which is exactly 50 years from my current true age. I recommend it for both vital practice and fun. Enabled me to get my endorsement, also.

David

vindex1963
10-17-2018, 07:38 AM
My wife took the class over the weekend and really enjoyed it. 6:30am to 2:00pm for two days.

frj322
10-17-2018, 01:12 PM
My wife and I took the course in early September, she is a years-long experienced 2 wheeler and I was only good at falling off a regular two wheel motorcycle:yikes: We took the course to see if we liked the Spyder and it was an EXCELLENT tool for that. In Georgia it is a licence waiver class and it was a great opportunity (at least at our class) to ride the RT, F3S and F3T. It cemented our decision and today we are the proud owners of a new F3S. Highly recommended!