PDA

View Full Version : Made in Mexico...

Firefly
10-15-2018, 09:00 AM
Also learned these are made in Mexico...... which certainly helps keep the cost low.....

Chupaca
10-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Not sure what should be seen here but true it will cost less to have it made in Mexico and other parts of the world...:dontknow:

stetsr
10-15-2018, 10:01 AM
How about quality control, cheaper inferior parts. All ready questionable BRP customer service, made worst?

superbee24
10-15-2018, 10:27 AM
How about quality control, cheaper inferior parts. All ready questionable BRP customer service, made worst?

Meh. All the big 3 auto makers have vehicles made in Mexico as do some of the German makes such as VW.
Besides. We can claim Rykers are Made in America ! I mean... Mexico IS in North America 😁

UtahPete
10-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Not sure what should be seen here but true it will cost less to have it made in Mexico and other parts of the world...:dontknow:

I think he means Rykers.

Rob Rodriguez
10-15-2018, 11:02 AM
All Can am ATV and SxS are made in Mexico. The sleds, seadoos and sypder are made at the plant in Valcourt. Not sure where the Ryker is made. Doesn't really matter to me honestly. If they can be made in Mexico and that means the MSRP is cheaper I'm good. Is Mexican labor really any better or worse than Canadian or US?

Chupaca
10-15-2018, 11:03 AM
They do have to meet the spec's and standards of the company they are assembling/building or making for. I still marvel at the fact that we and others can export our parts and materials abroad have them assembled/manufactured and import the finished product back cheaper than making them ourselves....:dontknow: they do seem to do a good job....

johnsimion
10-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Also learned these are made in Mexico...... which certainly helps keep the cost low.....

Far better Mexico than China. It's a benefit, is it not, to keep Mexicans employed ***in Mexico***?
Better yet if made in USA but BRP itself is Canadian, so that was probably never much of an option.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-15-2018, 11:18 AM
i have said many times it is not just where it is made but by whose standards.

old Timer
10-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Exactly as several members above have stated. The issue should be Standards and Specifications as determined by, in this case Can Am and ultimately Bombardier.

Good point about keeping production in America rather than China. IMHO preferable.

jaherbst
10-15-2018, 01:29 PM
If quality control is maintained at high standards, it really doe not matter where it is made IMO. Pretty sure a lot of the parts on our Spyders are manufactured outside

Canada.

Jack

ARtraveler
10-15-2018, 02:06 PM
No surprise. They had to get that sub $10K price point somehow. :thumbup:

IGETAROUND
10-15-2018, 02:44 PM
If quality control is maintained at high standards, it really doe not matter where it is made IMO. Pretty sure a lot of the parts on our Spyders are manufactured outside

Canada.

Jack

As are alot of the aircraft parts today made elsewhere

Navydad
10-15-2018, 02:57 PM
The company I retired from builds vehicles in USA, Canada, and Mexico and I have spent time at all the locations. All the factories get their parts from the same vendors so the only difference is the assembly and quality part of the equation. We keep track of quality and have a daily, monthly, and yearly quality score. These scores are important because they figure into which factories will benefit the most from funds being divided up for improvements or equipment. I can't speak for Can Am or any other corporation, but in my company the Mexican plant was always being praised for the quality and consistency of their work. Those fine folks take their jobs seriously and by the way they are also paid quite well and have a nice benefit and retirement package. No sweat shop wages for these folks. I will tell you where some of the savings come from and that is the fact that Mexico doesn't have as many government rules and regulations as we do here. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, I'm just saying it adds up to a lot of money being saved by companies. Wages aren't the only reason companies prefer to build south of the border.

Firefly
10-15-2018, 04:18 PM
The parts on our current Spyder's come from all over the world.. I remember seeing the rear hub said 'Made in Vietnam'.
So I'm sure the same parts just ship to Mexico now and they do the final assembly there.

Crazy how it all works these days.
I'd much prefer to support Canadian workers as I know Canada has good worker protections, wages, etc. . Not sure about Mexico pertaining to those things.

I do hope it sells well for them, but no way it will replace my F3....