PDA

View Full Version : Test Ride

Highwayman2013
10-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Rode a Ryker 900 today. Those things are quick. Put it in sport mode and it will do burnouts.

Chupaca
10-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Are you going for one...?? of course my RS will do burnouts as well (manual)...💨💨💨

bscrive
10-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Just a test ride Len, or are you thinking of getting one?

SpyderAnn01
10-11-2018, 10:09 PM
I rode it also today and had a blast . They didn’t tell me about Sport Mode until I got back but I had fun anyway. I took it on my favorite twisty road which happened to be wet and it tore it up! The tiny little windshield worked remarkably well, I didn’t even get wet and I didn’t feel like I was being pushed off the back of it like I did on an F3S with no shield. I did not like the seat, I was sore in the first mile. With the pegs in the furthest position it felt more like sitting on an RT than I had expected. But I suppose with a seat that would set me further back it would change the feel a lot. There ws a lot of vibration in the front end which was noticeable while moving and also at a stop. The front fenders were jumping and the vibration was felt in the handlebars. I felt every bump in the road which bothered me until I rode the same route on my F3T and felt the bumps on it as well, although to a lesser degree. It really is fast! Someone had wondered about how it decelerates since it is the CVT, you roll off the thtottle and it slows down considerably, so much so that I’d recommend tapping the brake so others behind you know you’re slowing.

No place to carry a purse much less a bag of groceries but bags are available.

If I only did local riding, day trips or trailered to my riding destination I think this would be the perfect bike. If we had room in the garage and an excess cash supply I’d get one.

ARtraveler
10-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the updates both of you. :yes::yes:

Bfromla
10-12-2018, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the updates both of you. :yes::yes:
:agree::2thumbs: & just realized I failed to notice any front blinkers:dontknow:. With the mirrors on bar ends they and not integrated like on spyder so where are they?

bscrive
10-12-2018, 05:21 AM
:agree::2thumbs: & just realized I failed to notice any front blinkers:dontknow:. With the mirrors on bar ends they and not integrated like on spyder so where are they?

Looks like they are just under the headlights. I can see a row of LEDs in Len's picture.

Batmobil-F3
10-12-2018, 06:01 AM
The blinkers are LEDs in the fenders. On this Video in the minute 6:22 to see. Watch out for the Ryker on the left side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PTx_bkouBc

In this video you can see the European version of the blinkers. Front and rear as additional attachments.

https://youtu.be/W_4XLWUIFjI

Highwayman2013
10-12-2018, 07:47 AM
Are you going for one...?? of course my RS will do burnouts as well (manual)...💨💨💨

Seriously considering one. Possibly the Rally, I think it could be a nice alternative to the V Strom.

Highwayman2013
10-12-2018, 07:48 AM
Just a test ride Len, or are you thinking of getting one? Thinking of getting one.

Two cats
10-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Thinking of getting one.
good, everyone needs s new toy to play with now and then. I'd like to have one myself

Sarge707
10-12-2018, 11:20 AM
The blinkers are LEDs in the fenders. On this Video in the minute 6:22 to see. Watch out for the Ryker on the left side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PTx_bkouBc

In this video you can see the European version of the blinkers. Front and rear as additional attachments.

https://youtu.be/W_4XLWUIFjI

Thank You!! Now it will be easy to PosiTap into the line and run a 12-16 inch red led strip Just after where the Amber reflector ends- Just take the wheel off- Tap into the lines and Tape them in the upper bulge through the Amber section- Small hole drilled at end of amber reflector and run the led red strip down 12-16 inches pending measurement. Now you are Lit Up from the rear and a Additional blinker for FREE??? :yes:

WA5VHU
10-12-2018, 09:06 PM

And my RS would do burnouts as well (semi-auto) :trike:

Bfromla
10-31-2018, 02:28 AM
I rode it also today and had a blast . They didn’t tell me about Sport Mode until I got back but I had fun anyway. I took it on my favorite twisty road which happened to be wet and it tore it up! The tiny little windshield worked remarkably well, I didn’t even get wet and I didn’t feel like I was being pushed off the back of it like I did on an F3S with no shield. I did not like the seat, I was sore in the first mile. With the pegs in the furthest position it felt more like sitting on an RT than I had expected. But I suppose with a seat that would set me further back it would change the feel a lot. There ws a lot of vibration in the front end which was noticeable while moving and also at a stop. The front fenders were jumping and the vibration was felt in the handlebars. I felt every bump in the road which bothered me until I rode the same route on my F3T and felt the bumps on it as well, although to a lesser degree. It really is fast! Someone had wondered about how it decelerates since it is the CVT, you roll off the thtottle and it slows down considerably, so much so that I’d recommend tapping the brake so others behind you know you’re slowing.

No place to carry a purse much less a bag of groceries but bags are available.

If I only did local riding, day trips or trailered to my riding destination I think this would be the perfect bike. If we had room in the garage and an excess cash supply I’d get one.
Will the new hub accept same laser tools or has BRP found alignment solution?:dontknow: