PDA

View Full Version : Another drone production

SpyderSkeets
10-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Because so many of you enjoyed my last video, I made another one of my ryde today. Hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/sg9Cz9eliSo

I'm really enjoying making these videos and will be making more as time permits, so feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel

Spyder601
10-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Again great job sir!

ARtraveler
10-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Fantastic. Keep the videos coming. :yes:

BigBlock
10-10-2018, 11:30 PM
That is so cool.:thumbup: Thanks again for the great video.

treva
10-11-2018, 02:21 AM
Really well done. What were you pointing at on one of the corners? Gravel???

youngers
10-11-2018, 03:09 AM
that was a nice ride , pretty cool the way the drive way has the island right in front of the gate ! :thumbup: sure makes one want to skip work and go riding

Batmobil-F3
10-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Cool, great job! Which drone model did you use?

SpyderSkeets
10-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Really well done. What were you pointing at on one of the corners? Gravel???

Are you talking about around the 2:12 mark?

Pirate looks at --
10-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Loved the slightly closer position on this one, and the way the drone seemed to sense trees and gained altitude when they were getting closer.

Woodaddict
10-11-2018, 08:04 AM
cool, that spyder likes to take up the whole road

HayRog
10-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Loved the slightly closer position on this one, and the way the drone seemed to sense trees and gained altitude when they were getting closer.

Ditto :thumbup:
Got any Town or road names we can google map ?

gkamer
10-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Neat, thanks for sharing

SpyderSkeets
10-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Ditto :thumbup:
Got any Town or road names we can google map ?

Don't have any road names, but they are from various roads between Tuscarora and Bluemont in Virginia.

treva
10-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Are you talking about around the 2:12 mark?

Yes, at 2.12. Something on the road?

SpyderSkeets
10-12-2018, 04:36 AM
Yes, at 2.12. Something on the road?

Good catch! I didn't even realize it was in the video until you mentioned it. Had to watch it again to figure out what you were talking about.

The drone looked to be getting a little too close to trees. The controller was strapped to the back seat so I reached back and pushed the stick to raise the drone some to clear them.

Chefex
10-12-2018, 05:28 AM
Pretty Cool!!!

Shana
10-12-2018, 05:29 AM
Good catch! I didn't even realize it was in the video until you mentioned it. Had to watch it again to figure out what you were talking about.

The drone looked to be getting a little too close to trees. The controller was strapped to the back seat so I reached back and pushed the stick to raise the drone some to clear them.

I live in SOuth Riding and was trying to figure out where you were riding. Nice video.

pjweimer
10-12-2018, 09:47 AM
We have a DJI Mavic Air drone and have been considering shooting a similar sequence while riding our 2014 RT Ltd. What make/model drone shot this sequence? If it was a DJI model would like to know the various video setting that you used.
TIA

Little Blue
10-12-2018, 11:51 AM
YES, another good video. :thumbup:

SpyderSkeets
10-13-2018, 06:32 AM
We have a DJI Mavic Air drone and have been considering shooting a similar sequence while riding our 2014 RT Ltd. What make/model drone shot this sequence? If it was a DJI model would like to know the various video setting that you used.
TIA

I use a Yuneec Typhoon H for these. I have the Mavic Air and the Mavic 2 Zoom as well. The Mavics are superior to the Typhoon in almost every way, but in my opinion, the Typhoon H is far superior for Following/Watching. The Typhoon H follows the controller via GPS and has never lost connection to what it is following. However, since it follows the controller, you have to carry that with you..and it is a pretty big controller. The Mavics follow the subject optically (you choose what you want to follow by selecting the subject on the display) The Typhoon H tracks the controller via GPS and does not depend on what it is seeing on the display. It consistently tracks, follows, and watches the controller and I have never had a problem with it losing track. Even when the Mavics did work sort of correctly, there is noticeable slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone on the completed video. There is a 3rd party app for the DJI, called Litchi that tracks the remote via GPS. The tracking of it is almost just as good as the Typhoon H, but there is still the slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone. There is a firmware update for the Mavics that is supposed to improve the tracking, but I haven't tried it yet

SteveP
10-13-2018, 12:31 PM
These are nice to watch as our Ryding season comes to a close here in the great white north 🙂

pjweimer
10-13-2018, 03:09 PM
I use a Yuneec Typhoon H for these. I have the Mavic Air and the Mavic 2 Zoom as well. The Mavics are superior to the Typhoon in almost every way, but in my opinion, the Typhoon H is far superior for Following/Watching. The Typhoon H follows the controller via GPS and has never lost connection to what it is following. However, since it follows the controller, you have to carry that with you..and it is a pretty big controller. The Mavics follow the subject optically (you choose what you want to follow by selecting the subject on the display) The Typhoon H tracks the controller via GPS and does not depend on what it is seeing on the display. It consistently tracks, follows, and watches the controller and I have never had a problem with it losing track. Even when the Mavics did work sort of correctly, there is noticeable slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone on the completed video. There is a 3rd party app for the DJI, called Litchi that tracks the remote via GPS. The tracking of it is almost just as good as the Typhoon H, but there is still the slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone. There is a firmware update for the Mavics that is supposed to improve the tracking, but I haven't tried it yet

Much appreciate your response. Look forward to your future posts.