PDA

View Full Version : Ideling

Benmannino
10-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Hot day upper 80s road for about two hours on the highway around 70mph.
When we exited off the interstate our Spyders started to have ideling problems like it wanted to shut down, I kept the throttle up a little bit so it didn’t die.
any suggestions?

Thanks
Ben

Mikey
10-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Are your cooling fans running a lot? Did you get some bad gas some where?

Benmannino
10-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Are your cooling fans running a lot? Did you get some bad gas some where?

I just filled up before hitting the road, I always put in the highest grade of gas. I’m not sure about the fans, music is to loud.

I hope it it was the gas.

Mikey
10-07-2018, 08:42 AM
You said that your spyders, like there was more than one doing this? If so gas would be a good place to start in my book. Good luck!

south GA Farm Boy
10-07-2018, 01:33 PM
When we exited off the interstate our Spyders started to have ideling problems like it wanted to shut down, I kept the throttle up a little bit so it didn’t die.
any suggestions?

Thanks
Ben
Your problem is that you got some high test gas with water in it! My Harley's ahead of my Spyders would do that! I don't buy anything but regular gas on the road and put some octane booster in it! So few cars now require a 93 octane gas that the gas sits in under ground tanks for months causing water to confiscate and build up in the tank! Several times, I have had to haul my harley's home! Just add some octane booster to your fuel and occasionally use some fuel injector cleaner in it! After starting this method, no more problems! Buy high octane gas only hat home where you know the fuel is good!

JayBros
10-07-2018, 03:46 PM
I'd vote bad gas. Your best insurance against such a happening is to fill at high volume facilities.

Dudley
10-07-2018, 04:06 PM
any suggestions?

Thanks
Ben

What year and model of Spyder, and how many miles?

Benmannino
10-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Your problem is that you got some high test gas with water in it! My Harley's ahead of my Spyders would do that! I don't buy anything but regular gas on the road and put some octane booster in it! So few cars now require a 93 octane gas that the gas sits in under ground tanks for months causing water to confiscate and build up in the tank! Several times, I have had to haul my harley's home! Just add some octane booster to your fuel and occasionally use some fuel injector cleaner in it! After starting this method, no more problems! Buy high octane gas only hat home where you know the fuel is good!

Thank you!

Benmannino
10-07-2018, 04:25 PM
What year and model of Spyder, and how many miles?

2015 RTS 17,330 miles