PDA

View Full Version : How about some good Spyder news

Lamonster
06-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm 500 miles short of 30,000 on my Spyder now. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=2808

For the most part any problems I've had have been self inflected. I have had some relay issues but that's pretty much it. I have yet to check my valves because 1: they don't act like I need to (no hard starting) and 2: I seem to find time for everything else but that. :opps: I know, I'm bad :lecturef_smilie:

My Spyder is running better than it ever has. My setup is the Lamonster cold air intake, No Magic air filter and pipe, TBR Juicebox with No Magic settings.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=2630

With these settings on my Juicebox I'm getting 35 to 38 mpg without the trailer and 32 mpg with the trailer. The thing pulls hard and runs better than ever. 5th gear pulls like 4th and from 5K up the Spyder just comes alive. We have a track not far from here and I'm going to see if I can get BajaRon to go over there with me and run his Spyder against mine. I'm pretty sure I'll be pulling him. :doorag:

Anyway with all the bad news we've seen on the boards I just wanted to say I still love my Spyder and I love it more today than the day I bought it. Eveerything on it is setup just the way I like it now and it looks and runs better than new. nojoke

I'm so ready to take off for our ride to the west coast in two weeks. I'm sure the Spyder won't let me down. :thumbup::yes::2excited:

If you still love your Spyder say so. :2thumbs:

dave01
06-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Wow, That many miles is great. Mine is still new, but I plan on racking up miles soon, maybe not like you and Doc have.:congrats::congrats:

Director
06-08-2009, 08:45 AM

I do! I do! :clap:

Bruce

Don in E Texas
06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
:2thumbs:Oh, Yea!!!!!:2thumbs:

...only 3K miles so far........

don

dltang
06-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I have had my spyder in the shop for a couple of issues, bad instrument cluster, Gear position sensor and oil pressure sensor. I have 18,000 miles on it and I still love it. I never really considered any of the issues, major or bad news. I just took it up to my dealer and they repaired it under warranty. Usually only had it a day or two except this last time for a week. Right now, my baby is also running better than ever. I am currently checking my gas mileage after this last fix to see what I come up with. I'll let you all know after I fill the tank. It will be based on a combination of trailer and no trailer, highway and side roads.

We too are so ready for the trip to LA. I have even started some packing and practice packing of the trailer. This is going to be one unforgettable Spyder trip!! I have her set up for the long haul and as far as I am concerned, I already have my touring spyder. At this time in two weeks I should be somewhere south of Indianapolis. yeah!!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

speedster200
06-08-2009, 08:59 AM
6k miles so far no problems. Just a good time. LOVE it.:clap:

bjt
06-08-2009, 09:02 AM

Bruce

+1 :doorag:

retread
06-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Discover the Y factor and ryde, ryde, ryde. 4000 miles so far this year. Loving every minute of it.

john

ataDude
06-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Me. I dooooooooooooooooooo. :D

SPYMAN
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Love mine more with every time I start it!!:yes::yes:

Ride it most every day for work & play!!:2thumbs::clap::2thumbs:

SPYMAN

Donzo
06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I totally love my Spyder - I am at 7000 miles now - never a problem! I took the Spyder fishing yesterday with some biker buddies. We went to some pretty remote lakes and streams in the Crystal basin. The Spyder is so stable on the gravel roads etc. My cooler, takle box and telescopic pole all fit in the trunk! I caught 2 nice sized browns.
Really looking forward to the LA trip - it's going to be great meeting all you other Spyder junkies!! :spyder2::2thumbs:

Bersquack
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Hell Yeah I do!!!

FANG
06-08-2009, 09:35 AM
love it -- mine best toy ever :D :2thumbs: :ohyea: :yes:

frleo
06-08-2009, 09:42 AM
The only machine I loved more than my spYder was my airplane. I find any excuse to take the spYder on the road. My physical limitations don't let me rack up big miles -- but ALL my rides are on twisty mountain roads and I thoroughly enjoy the spyder ryding.
I have had no issues with the machine that required extra care.
I love to watch the faces on the parishioners when I ride up to the church on the spYder.

---frleo---

Firefly
06-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I love lamp, but the Spyder is a close 2nd ! :roflblack:

Recluze
06-08-2009, 09:45 AM
23,000 miles and every time I come upon a twisty road a grin comes on my face that is hard to describe.

When I sit back and consider the new technology they have put into this bike, I am impressed with how trouble free these things are. I would by another, newer one but really have no reason to do that.

Dukester
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I just got over 3000 miles and the only problem I have is the parking brake. So far it's been running like a champ. Got some long runs planned the next couple of weeks. Need to test out my new GPS my wife got me for my birthday. Seeing more and more in our area, Macungie Pa, outside of Allentown. Take care all and ride safe.

Twodog185
06-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I get asked why I would sell my softail, and buy a Spyder.

To bring back enjoyment into riding. Simple. It's fun.

To own a Spyder, you need to have "jetson" style outlook, with "old school" imagination. Nothing like developing what you need instead of waiting for the mass marketplace.

Thanks for all your help Lamonster....really. :firstplace:

COOLMACHINE
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM
8000 MILES AND LOVING IT!

Greg H.
06-08-2009, 10:05 AM

Bruce

+1 :cheers: (12,650 miles = 8 months, 2 weeks)

TMehaffey
06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
7000 Miles on mine so far without any breakdowns.
I love it just as much as the first day!:ohyea:

jedd
06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Lamont in your pic of JB you have the LED light set and in pen a number written which of the two are you set at the light it is on or the number written. just curious been payin with mine? Oh and 9200 miles and every mile is better than the last:2thumbs:

Dudley
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Our SE5 has 10,600 miles and still humming. No issues to speak of, just keeps on running. We have it tour ready and we start on our long vacation on June 20th. We are going with confidence in the Spyder. The trip will be about 10,000 miles or so. We hope to meet some of you as we travel. We will have a computer with us and post daily with pics and a short recap of each day and our next day's route. For all of you going to LA, enjoy and ryde safe!

Some Guy
06-08-2009, 10:48 AM
:ohyea: Yep...I do love my Spyder! I have 4,500 miles on it and the only thing that has gone wrong is someone broke off my license plate reflector (it really is broken, not a "falling off" issue). It's a blast to ryde and everyone stares at me when I'm ryding. I figure, if they're looking at me, they're running into someone else!!! :roflblack:

Lamonster
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Lamont in your pic of JB you have the LED light set and in pen a number written which of the two are you set at the light it is on or the number written. just curious been payin with mine? Oh and 9200 miles and every mile is better than the last:2thumbs:
That's mode and the number to set it at in each mode.

Just Doo Me
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Bikes running great,still playing with the Juicebox.Lamont what make of pipe are you running with those settings? Figure the Hindle will be a little different if it dosen't flow the same.

Arachnid
06-08-2009, 11:35 AM
The only proplem I have with my Spyder is I don't get to ride it enough.
It is, hands down, the most fun and best vehicle I have ever owned.

Mike

pastorchuck
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah! I love this ryde! It is sooooooooooo much fun. I always wanted to be a rock star!:firstplace:

fastfraser
06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
:2thumbs: Oh Baby. If only it would kiss me back.:roflblack:

irish2themax
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Never thought I'd say "I do" again but I do

ElkSpyder
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I love this machine. 13,250 miles in just under a year. :spyder2: was parked for almost 19 weeks because of winter. Not making the run to LA so to everyone who is :congrats: and ENJOY. To everyone going to Syders in the Smokies in September :2excited: hope to meet each one of you. Can't hardly wait until September.

Diggittt
06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
This machine is HOTTTT i love it more and more every day...

Diggittt

spyryder
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
'Only' 4500 miles so far:opps:, running great!:f_spider:

tatt2r
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
13000 miles on mine 1900 on the girl's still lovin them and any problems were minor..... dropped mine off today for 12000 mile check it's almost 80 degrees out today sunny and warm i cant pick it up till wed and its going to rain the rest of the week :shocked: but not only is the fun of riding it...it's the looks ,questions, and reaction from people... and as much as all of us say we hate it now there is still a certain amount of feel good when someone does stop you about spyder .... then down time it's great to add mods and customize to your liking ...
yup love it more now then i did when i bought it....:D

Star Cruiser
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Bruce

I do too! It is an awesome machine and I have met the nicest people ryding them too!

DynamoBT
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
8 miles shy of 3000 as of today. Love every minute on it!! Best decision I ever made to buy one!!!

sabunim5
06-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Bruce
+1

ameobe
06-08-2009, 03:52 PM
New here and we are definitely loving the :spyder2:.
Awesome machine no doubt about it.:2thumbs:

gazey
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Same here, can't get the grin off my face :doorag:
5000km in just over two months with no problems, simply the best ride ever :spyder:

jvicker
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I've only had mine a little over a month and haven't had any long rides but, I've never been so excited to own a Spyder. It puts a smile on my face every time I look at it. :clap::clap: Even with it pretty much stock, this is sooooooooooooo much fun to ride. And every mod gets you even more excited.

And Lamonster :bowdown:and all the other great Spyderlovers here make it that much more enjoyable. No question is a dumb question and you guys make sure we don't feel dumb asking them. Even if it is for the 100th time.

I LOVE MY SPYDER and SPYDERLOVERS

docdoru
06-08-2009, 04:29 PM
One year and 34,000 miles; Silver Dream is in love with me :opps:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00521.jpg?t=1244496525

shunkmanitu
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
except it has been several months since I have suffered any problems! Saturday Breakfast Buffet rides, occasional run out along the Gulf of Mexico, slow tours around the Alabama farm looking for critters, and still the top ride in the DaVita Dialysis parking lot.

NancysToy
06-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Well over a year, and I'm sure Nancy would get rid of me before she would the Spyder. Considering she has kept me going on 35 years now, that's saying something!
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

kencraft
06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I have a se5, shifting problem now fixed.
rode it to mountains last weekend ran and
shifted perfect. It got lots of attention on
parkway. I enjoy it much .

SpydeeBite2
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
7200 miles and lovin it more each time we go for a ride.:ohyea:

nickcaro
06-08-2009, 07:20 PM

+1
http://nick-caro.com/Y/

Although I'm going in for service tomorrow, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to get it back in time to break 50k by my one year anni on 6/21. My Spyder is on the road everyday, regardless of the weather and I also have to navigate some really, really ugly roads, so you have to expect that something major will break at some point.... but so far, everything has been very minor and quickly rectified by the good folks over at Garganos with their BRP support.

http://nick-caro.com/Y/48k.jpg

Roaddog2
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
+1

Although I'm going in for service tomorrow, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to get it back in time to break 50k by my one year anni on 6/21. My Spyder is on the road everyday, regardless of the weather and I also have to navigate some really, really ugly roads, so you have to expect that something major will break at some point.... but so far, everything has been very minor and quickly rectified by the good folks over at Garganos with their BRP support.

http://nick-caro.com/Y/48k.jpgI heard Bob is gone to take a test ride on it all the way to Valcourt and break the 50k nojoke

WaltH
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I have yet to check my valves because 1: they don't act like I need to (no hard starting) and 2: I seem to find time for everything else but that. :opps: I know, I'm bad :lecturef_smilie:

I don't expect to check my valve clearances until I have at least 50,000 to 60,000 miles on my Spyder. Modern engines generally do not require more than this. Most Japanese bikes go at least this far with no trouble. The Harley V-Rod has the shim under bucket system and I don't think there are more than just a few Harley technicians who have ever seen a V-Rod that required adjustment. I believe all of the other Harleys have self-adjusting hydraulic lifters. BRP's recommended service interval is intended to please the EPA and not the Spyder owners. Of course, the dealers love to have you come in for an inspection of the valve clearance.

effgjamis
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
The only proplem I have with my Spyder is I don't get to ride it enough.
It is, hands down, the most fun and best vehicle I have ever owned.

Mike

Mike,,,, you not going to LA?
I will be in Pearcy, with Repo around the 20-21 and are riding together to checotah, ok...
Why don't you join us???

nickcaro
06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I heard Bob is gone to take a test ride on it all the way to Valcourt and break the 50k nojoke
he better not beat me to it...
If all goes well, I'll be up in Valcourt on 6/19

spyderrider44
06-09-2009, 02:15 AM
I love it just wish i had more $$$ to buy mods , o well in time i will get there :thumbup:

Trap
06-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Would like to ride more but work has a way of tying you down but I totally enjoy the Sypder, short of 3K with no problems outside of recalls.... Go Spyder Go..:spyder: :yes: :ohyea: :yes:

jedd
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
That's mode and the number to set it at in each mode.
Thanks that gives me some settings to try :2thumbs:

jeuchler
06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
...If you still love your Spyder say so....

Yeah, it's fine.

The_Spyderwoman
06-14-2009, 04:59 PM
:2thumbs: This was last week; Hill Country TX ; Over 11k today :2thumbs:

This has been the best time !! I LOVE MY SPYDER

jeuchler
06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, it was sunny and 70 degrees yesterday, so naturally I waited until that all blew out and went out on a ryde this afternoon when it was raining...

(I think I'll change my handle to "FoulWeatherRyder!")

Anyhow, daughter and I rode up to Vermont for a breakfast at Dot's Diner. I find that for the last fifteen months the Spyder has been my "ride to a diner" vehicle. The weather got mild and we had a very nice ride.

This is near the wind turbines on top of Searsburg Mountain.

D&J's#2
06-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I've never been happier with anything that I have bought than I have been with the Spyder. :ohyea: I have the TBR single with Juice Box and haven't gotten such good gas mileage as you, but I plan on taking it in for a check to see what my dealer has it "juice box" set at.:2thumbs: They have been GREAT so far with installations and problem solving. :yes:We DO need some positives on the website along with the problem issues. :spyder: Thanks for the info., appreciate it!:thumbup:

jima1153
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Oh yea - Lovin it every day.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

burg650
06-14-2009, 10:58 PM
+1

And believe me He does have every bit of 48000, Hi Nick it's Roger who's is always running you down on Park Ave