PDA

View Full Version : Ryker first ride video.

Culpjp
10-04-2018, 09:49 PM
https://youtu.be/6PTx_bkouBc

Another nice Ryker first ride video. This guy has never been on a Spyder before. He gives a good idea of how hard you can push it in the corners, and gets the tire squealing.

Saluda
10-05-2018, 07:19 AM
They had quite a few of them there.

Squanchkava72
10-05-2018, 07:53 AM
I was yelling at my tv wait for him to go back walk and slowly around the Rykers more so we can really see them.
Funny how you can have a Spyder for a while and still learn something. When he said it is easier to push instead of pull in corners I never really thought of that. So on my ride in today I pushed more than just a balance of push and pull and it was a little easier in the twisties. I wonder how much worse it is with no power steering in the corners since it is already a bit of a workout on a Spyder with power steering.
Anyone see any mpg specs on the 600cc and 900cc?

Pirate looks at --
10-05-2018, 08:04 AM
They had a least 14 there. This was a big Media weekend in LA.

Culpjp
10-05-2018, 10:40 AM
I wonder how much worse it is with no power steering in the corners since it is already a bit of a workout on a Spyder with power steering.
Anyone see any mpg specs on the 600cc and 900cc?

He complains about his arms being tired after riding. You don't really know how long, and how many turns he made. Others that have ridden Spyders, have said that it doesn't seem much harder to steer.

Cobwebs
10-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Found this quote from Jenny Smith of Rider magazine.

''I also appreciated the Ryker’s lack of power assist steering like that found on the Spyder models. Now connected directly and mechanically to the front wheels, the Ryker exhibits much less of the skittery, nervous behavior many riders have noted on the Spyder.The upshot is a slightly harder workout when flinging it through the twisties, but it’s a fair trade in my opinion.''

Sounds like you need to be a bit more engaged when getting on it but hey that's what it's all about no?