PDA

View Full Version : A nice ride this weekend....

SpyderGirl
06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
So me and my buddy Dora and the hubby on the Rebel headed out at around 7:20 yesterday morning for the Bikers for Boxers benefit ride in Lakeport, CA. The weather was great and there was a pretty decent turn out for the event -- including some of the four-legged kind. Here is a video and some pictures. The video was taken using a digital camera mounted on a RAM mount to my F1 Evo III windshield. I am very happy with the way it turned out. Almost zero wind noise. I was also rocking out with my new Garmin hooked up through my speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VQeiQ86I0

Dudley
06-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing.

bone crusher
06-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Nice...what I always wanted to see...a road! :joke:

I think this weekend was nice in most parts to get a good ride in...even here in the east coast, which has been very rainy for most of the year...argh!

bjt
06-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Glad your BFB event turned out well. :doorag:

Lamonster
06-08-2009, 08:59 AM
:2thumbs::doorag:

dltang
06-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Nice ride. Your camera is mounted well, no bouncing or wiggling. One thing though, I wanted to see some of the boxers. Any video of them?

SpyderGirl
06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
No, sorry Deb. The camera died on me. You can see their pictures at www.ncbr.org (http://www.ncbr.org) (California site).

I'll be posting up pictures of my set-up soon. I am very happy with where the camera was mounted and how it performed. I am also happy with the Garmin. I loved being able to listen to music and then hear it cut out long enough to give me directions right through my speakers. I had the volume at 80% the whole time and had no problems hearing it through my full face Shoei and over the hindle exhaust. The hubby even said he could hear it through our wireless intercom while he was following me on the Rebel.

4leafpat
06-08-2009, 02:34 PM
So me and my buddy Dora and the hubby on the Rebel headed out at around 7:20 yesterday morning for the Bikers for Boxers benefit ride in Lakeport, CA. The weather was great and there was a pretty decent turn out for the event -- including some of the four-legged kind. Here is a video and some pictures. The video was taken using a digital camera mounted on a RAM mount to my F1 Evo III windshield. I am very happy with the way it turned out. Almost zero wind noise. I was also rocking out with my new Garmin hooked up through my speakers.

YouTube - Spyder Ride - Highway 29 in Lake County, California (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VQeiQ86I0)
Hey, we were there but had to leave early...so didn't make it past the Middletown stop.
Pat

SpyderGirl
06-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey, we were there but had to leave early...so didn't make it past the Middletown stop.
Pat

Glad to hear you were able to make it and I hope you guys enjoyed yourself. Thanks for coming out and supporting the doggies. Sorry we missed you but we'll see you on the 26th for the ride down to LA! :D

spyderrider44
06-09-2009, 02:31 AM
:thumbup: nice setup :congrats:

manchild
06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice! :thumbup: Love the tunes:clap:

Roger
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I like the video because i could finially hear what the hindle sounds like going down the road. very nicely done not to much wind noise. :clap::clap: