PDA

View Full Version : BRP passenger peg extentions

SpydeeBite2
06-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Picked up the peg extentions on Fri. and installed them Sat and we went for a short ride today. Wife said they make quite a difference for her. More comfortable and I notice she is not pressing into me when we come to a stop.
Took just over an hour to install. Not difficult once you have all the right tools.
Now if the new seat would just arrive:dontknow:
Ron

BRPjunkie
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Picked up the peg extentions on Fri. and installed them Sat and we went for a short ride today. Wife said they make quite a difference for her. More comfortable and I notice she is not pressing into me when we come to a stop.
Took just over an hour to install. Not difficult once you have all the right tools.
Now if the new seat would just arrive:dontknow:
Ron

A couple of questions. Which exhaust do you have? Did you have to lower it? Does her heal rest on the muffler and risk melting shoe bottom?

SpydeeBite2
06-07-2009, 10:20 PM
A couple of questions. Which exhaust do you have? Did you have to lower it? Does her heal rest on the muffler and risk melting shoe bottom?

I still have the stock exhaust. It now mounts to the steel reinforcing bracket and is 1.25 to 1.5 in. lower than stock. I must admit I didn't check the foot location of the wifes foot but she had no complaints. I will check the next ride though.
Ron

greg
06-07-2009, 10:44 PM
we have had them on a week now -longest trip was yesterday about two hundred miles and she didn't have any cramping issues at all, previously she was cramping up within a hour
foot distance from muffler is good // design is good with the support added and tied back into the frame.
i have found myself using the extensions to rest my heel on when riding solo

was a very good investment

Babymoose
06-08-2009, 08:53 AM
we have had them on a week now -longest trip was yesterday about two hundred miles and she didn't have any cramping issues at all, previously she was cramping up within a hour
foot distance from muffler is good // design is good with the support added and tied back into the frame.
i have found myself using the extensions to rest my heel on when riding solo

was a very good investment
I just got mine yesterday, will have to get Spyda back from my girlfriend to do the install. All I can say right now is Wow they are HEAVY! All the weight I lost by installing the Hindle, I will gain back with these pegs.:shocked: