PDA

View Full Version : Frunk and Saddlebag latches on 2018 RTLE

Luna
09-23-2018, 10:37 PM
I'm having some issues with my 3-week-old RT. I noticed a week in that the left saddle bag had some issues - both opening and closing. Sometimes I would have difficulty getting it to latch/close - then I would have trouble getting it to unlatch/open. It's becoming more and more frequent. Is there a way to adjust the latch or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Also, starting a few days ago, I'm now having issues with the frunk latch when closing. It will unlatch with the key every time, but more and more I'm having to fiddle with the key to get it to latch closed. Again I'm thinking an adjustment of some sort is in order.

Any suggestions?

4 MARIE
09-23-2018, 10:53 PM
there are adjustments and such, that can be made.
That being said, 3 weeks old ? I would get your dealer to handle those adjustments.
assuming they aren't in the next state over.
My current cases have been pretty good, but at some point the unlatch cables will need a tweek.
not a big operation because I was coached by the nice folks on this site.
In any case, your situation is not unique and your dealer can probably nail it while you wait if you
have an appointment. Enjoy your new Ryde. This is probably the only hiccup you'll have..
they are very good.

Woodaddict
09-23-2018, 11:19 PM
my 2015 RT Ltd, I also had problems with frunk. the key CAN be push down and turned 90 deg to left. but don't go all the way, but just enough to hear it unlatch. when I would go full 90 deg, it would stay "latch open" and not lock for a while.
also I came upon another problem. if I turn push down and 10 deg to right it will let frunk click and work correctly

JayBros
09-24-2018, 06:19 AM
By all means, get it to the dealer. You shucked out enough $$ for that Spyder to worry about anything like your problems. It's on their nickel.

Bob Denman
09-24-2018, 06:55 AM
Thow another vote on the "Take it back to the Dealer" pile: :agree:

SpyderJerry
09-24-2018, 08:04 AM
I'm having some issues with my 3-week-old RT. I noticed a week in that the left saddle bag had some issues - both opening and closing. Sometimes I would have difficulty getting it to latch/close - then I would have trouble getting it to unlatch/open. It's becoming more and more frequent. Is there a way to adjust the latch or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Also, starting a few days ago, I'm now having issues with the frunk latch when closing. It will unlatch with the key every time, but more and more I'm having to fiddle with the key to get it to latch closed. Again I'm thinking an adjustment of some sort is in order.

Any suggestions?

Also make sure you lubricate the latches, ignition switch and locks. i use a spray lubricant such as PB blaster extreme lube. I put tje nozzle into the tumbler when lubing locks.