PDA

View Full Version : LOVE the Givi X01

irish2themax
06-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I received my Givi X01 helmet today and, of course, I just HAD to try it out immediately!! I think this helmet is fantastic. The fit is perfect and the cushioning is extremely comfortable. It comes with two chin bars...winter and summer. Changing between them is a piece of cake. The summer bar gives fantastic ventilation...much better than my Bell. I inserted the summer screens on the top which provides additional ventilation.

I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. Glad I ordered it!!

tatt2r
06-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm getting on looks cool

Bersquack
06-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I've been thinking about getting one since I saw it on webbikeworld.

Sure is a cool helmet.

tatt2r
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
not D.O.T approved but im in NH doesnt matter here .... according to scotty the european helmets have to meet a higher standard than america:thumbup:

ataDude
06-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm getting on looks cool

You already have a cool-looking helmet!

tatt2r
06-07-2009, 02:36 PM
cant have too many .... only problem is they only go to XL

ataDude
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
cant have too many .... only problem is they only go to XL

:agree:Yepper, I know. Now that I've seen the summer venting on the Givi, I may just have to spring for one.

You'd probably be a 4x in this one, anyway. :clap:

tatt2r
06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
:agree:Yepper, I know. Now that I've seen the summer venting on the Givi, I may just have to spring for one.

You'd probably be a 4x in this one, anyway. :clap:

what are you trying to say:D

chris56
06-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I received my Givi X01 helmet today and, of course, I just HAD to try it out immediately!! I think this helmet is fantastic. The fit is perfect and the cushioning is extremely comfortable. It comes with two chin bars...winter and summer. Changing between them is a piece of cake. The summer bar gives fantastic ventilation...much better than my Bell. I inserted the summer screens on the top which provides additional ventilation.

it`s the spyder helmet - some say its crazy -some say its a revolution..
I also love it after 4000 kms - lightweight lownoise big visor ..and one handle to make a open face - for hot degrees...
chris ( from austria - very near to givi..)

irish2themax
06-07-2009, 03:09 PM
not D.O.T approved but im in NH doesnt matter here .... according to scotty the european helmets have to meet a higher standard than america:thumbup:

That's why I bought it. The European standard is tougher than DOT or Snell. Will also have to bring the Bell for the Ft Leonard Wood USO Run though in case they inspect helmets

ataDude
06-07-2009, 03:21 PM
what are you trying to say:D

Oh, nothing. Nothing at all. :roflblack:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=2806

NancysToy
06-07-2009, 03:48 PM

That's why I bought it. The European standard is tougher than DOT or Snell. Will also have to bring the Bell for the Ft Leonard Wood USO Run though in case they inspect helmets
Not a higher standard, or a tougher one, but a different one. It is based on a principle that I believe in, that it is the shock absorbtion properties of a helmet that matter the most (as long as certain other minimums are met). In terms of standards, as I understand them, the ECE helmets allow the least force transmittal to the contents (your noggin), the Snell helmets offer the greatest protection against penetration and multiple hits (very important in racing), and the DOT standards lie somewhere in between.

When it comes down to brass tacks, I am of the opinion that proper helmet fit far outweighs any of these standards in terms of protecting you best, and that a full face helmet should be the only acceptable type. Just my opinion after being conked out for way too long after an accident...and taking the hit square in the kisser of my full face helmet. I'm not too pretty to begin with, but that would have made the situation far worse.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

4leafpat
06-07-2009, 09:20 PM

How does the sizing run? Is it similar to other helmets such as a Shoei or Arai?

Thx.

irish2themax
06-08-2009, 06:49 AM
I ordered Large...the same as my Bell. Fit was perfect

chris56
09-21-2009, 09:01 AM
..was a long discussion about this givi xz1 ( I´m still very happy with it )..
they offer it now as the ofiicial BRP Helmet .. so we made a lot of advertising for it - I wrote them an email last year to change there idea..
and say : the only two full-face-helmets which fit in the trunk of the spyder..do they offer them now also in usa or only canada ??
http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessories/en-US/Product-Detail/447427?color=90

LittleJohn
09-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Ive seen this helmet before!!! LOL:roflblack:
http://rhml.lib.mo.us/Joshua%20S/images/tie_fighter_pilot.jpg

NancysToy
09-21-2009, 09:48 AM
I am a believer in the Euro standard. That doesn't necessaarily mean it is a higher standard or better, it just makes sense to me after my Snell helmet beat my brains up in my accident a few years back. For general purposes, the DOT standard should suffice. For racing, I wouldn't use anything but Snell. The new Snell standard that has yet to be adopted looks like a great compromise that will incorporate some of the best aspects of all the old standards. It looks promising.

Meanwhile, here in the US, most of us will need DOT or Snell helmets to meet most state laws where helmets are mandated. That could also be a problem on military bases. The new Givi and Can-Am helmets do not appear to be acceptable in many places.

Roger
09-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Ive seen this helmet before!!! LOL:roflblack:
http://rhml.lib.mo.us/Joshua%20S/images/tie_fighter_pilot.jpg
Don't get sucked in by the force LJ :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

smokster
09-21-2009, 10:37 AM
it`s the spyder helmet - some say its crazy -some say its a revolution..
I also love it after 4000 kms - lightweight lownoise big visor ..and one handle to make a open face - for hot degrees...
chris ( from austria - very near to givi..)
yah, but does it protect your head? How does it rate in testing?

flyjake
09-21-2009, 11:13 AM

Where did you order this from? It looks like something I could certainly use!

Motza
09-21-2009, 08:50 PM
really nice lid :2thumbs: