M2Wild
06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Looks like the release date is 6.24.09

Who is going to the Premier with their Spyder?:2thumbs:

VIspyderman
06-07-2009, 09:36 AM

I'll be on the road, on the way to LA. I was going to stop and watch the movie, but that would take the fun out of seeing it in LA. :2excited:

bone crusher
06-07-2009, 03:00 PM

My bike would probably get messed with if I left it in a parking lot during the opening of a film with my bike in it...

Figure it this way...you go to see a movie...some crappy people know you're not gonna be back for 2.5 hours...they can enjoy your bike while you're not around...

Okay, so I'm not very trusting...sorry...

Desert Spyder
06-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Where is the movie theatre at in relation to the Sheraton Hotel?

SpyderGirl
06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Like 1 or 2 miles away. I will also be seeing it in LA.

WackyDan
06-08-2009, 12:36 AM
My bike would probably get messed with if I left it in a parking lot during the opening of a film with my bike in it...

Figure it this way...you go to see a movie...some crappy people know you're not gonna be back for 2.5 hours...they can enjoy your bike while you're not around...

Same here. 3 wheels are just an invite for some idiot to sit on it without worry of tipping. Same jerk won't care that the bottom of his gritty sneaker just rubbed across the top cover while he got on or off, or that he use the parking brake as a foot peg when he was getting on...

Magic Man
06-08-2009, 06:12 AM
We'll be there.

MM

dltang
06-08-2009, 09:07 AM
We'll be on the road somewhere on our way to LA or just getting in to LA on the 24th. I highly doubt we will go see it before the spyder gathering. If we were home though, I know we would ride our spyders to the theater and proudly park them out front like we always do when we go to see a show. We have never had a problem. Heck for the Transformers movie our dealership is having a spyder display at the theater anyway, so it would be really fun to be involved if we were going to be home.

bone crusher
06-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Same here. 3 wheels are just an invite for some idiot to sit on it without worry of tipping. Same jerk won't care that the bottom of his gritty sneaker just rubbed across the top cover while he got on or off, or that he use the parking brake as a foot peg when he was getting on...

yeah...it's the fact that they know you're not around for a few hours...I take my spyder to stores and don't worry about it...a theater is a little different...esp. when the bike is a feature of a movie many will be seeing...to go outside and see one is like show and tell for them...

SpyderGirl
06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I just put my quik shade on the Spyder and it keeps people from sitting on it.

bone crusher
06-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I just put my quik shade on the Spyder and it keeps people from sitting on it.

I have the same thing but again, some people don't heed warnings well and at a movie theater, they know you're not around for some time.

This goes for all types of criminals...if they know someone isn't around for a while, it makes for an easier target...

I live in a safe area, but nothing is 100% safe...

So, you go to the transformers movie, it's the first time anyone sees a spyder, then, on the way out, a group of kids sees your nice spyder sitting out there...wow! let's get some pictures and play with the thing...

Magic Man
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I have a really cool option with my Spyder. :doorag:

When a stranger sits on my Spyder without asking me if it's OK to do so, their sitting on it comes with a free ambulance ride to the hospital. :shocked:

Unfortunatly is sometimes also gets me a free police car ride too. :yikes:

One of the oldest and first rules of motorcycling....

You don't touch another man's bike or his wife. :lecturef_smilie:

It's no different than if they came out and I was sitting in their "cool car" because I wanted to see how it felt. :thumbup:

MM

FANG
06-08-2009, 12:01 PM

yeah...it's the fact that they know you're not around for a few hours...I take my spyder to stores and don't worry about it...a theater is a little different...esp. when the bike is a feature of a movie many will be seeing...to go outside and see one is like show and tell for them...

Well, I have taken my :f_spider: to the movies with the wife and I don't htink any one has ever messed with it. Movie house has motorcycle parking right in front - always bikes there. Bone and Wacky some time you just gotta let it go. LOL

M2Wild
06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I am working with the local Transformer sponser and will have the bike there for display but fenced in. And the prox sensor will certainly be turned on. LOL

I am hoping my kit will arrive before the movie so I have something to handout. Not gonna hold my breath on that though.

Firefly
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I would be worried about the kids thinking they could play on it. For sure would turn the perimeter alarm on!

I'll most likely go late at night when the little kiddies shouldn't be out.

A do-not-touch sign may help too.

I go to a lot of car shows and it amazes me how clueless people are. Seen them lean over a car to get a better look at the engine - only to have their keys hanging from their belt and touch the car!

I don't usually park out front of places as I'm a bit sick of the attention - nothing I really need or want - would just as soon blend in. Hard thing to do on a Spyder much of the time.

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, I have taken my :f_spider: to the movies with the wife and I don't htink any one has ever messed with it. Movie house has motorcycle parking right in front - always bikes there. Bone and Wacky some time you just gotta let it go. LOL

Yeah, I know...I don't obsess about the bike as much as others...but remember that the bike is in the movie and if people have never seen one before and they see yours when you come out, they might be more-so inclined to get a picture with it, sit on it, play with it, whatever...treat it like a prop...it's like eye candy come true! 'Hey, wasn't that in the movie?...let's get a picture of it...wait a sec...lemme sit on it...hey, why don't we all sit on it and get a picture'...cRaCk...'whoops, let's get out of here'...

Argh...

Capt John
06-12-2009, 09:33 PM
The only time I've noticed somebody had been sitting on my:spyder2:is when I ryde it to church. I come out after service and the passenger pegs are folded out. Since I don't ryde 2up very much I leave them folded in.

Roaddog2
06-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I would be worried about the kids thinking they could play on it. For sure would turn the perimeter alarm on!

I'll most likely go late at night when the little kiddies shouldn't be out.

A do-not-touch sign may help too.

I go to a lot of car shows and it amazes me how clueless people are. Seen them lean over a car to get a better look at the engine - only to have their keys hanging from their belt and touch the car!

I don't usually park out front of places as I'm a bit sick of the attention - nothing I really need or want - would just as soon blend in. Hard thing to do on a Spyder much of the time.:agree:

smokster
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
The only time I've noticed somebody had been sitting on my:spyder2:is when I ryde it to church. I come out after service and the passenger pegs are folded out. Since I don't ryde 2up very much I leave them folded in.
That means the "big man" upstairs is sitting on the back as your angel

M2Wild
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Had a great time at the sneak preview showing off the Spyder to the kids. Too bad Spyder isn't a bot .... a few nice shot of it at the beginning and thats about it. Was hoping for more.

Firefly
06-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Had a great time at the sneak preview showing off the Spyder to the kids. Too bad Spyder isn't a bot .... a few nice shot of it at the beginning and thats about it. Was hoping for more.

So you're sorry the Spyder is a Con ?

I think it makes it more Bad-Azz !