PDA

View Full Version : Bumpskid Question

Chasinsparks
09-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Will be adding a led bumpskid to my 2016 RTL, Having been looking at Spyderpops and TricLed products for sometime, both look very similar.
In the photos on both sites they both LEDs seem to have a purple hue to them (Not Bright white). For those that have them is this true representation of the light or is this just due to the photo.

Bob Denman
09-21-2018, 12:32 PM
It's just the pictures that you're seeing: they're about as Black as they can be. :thumbup:

Chasinsparks
09-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks Bob I was referring to the led lights. I'll re-word the original post.

It's just the pictures that you're seeing: they're about as Black as they can be. :thumbup:

canamjhb
09-21-2018, 12:37 PM
The lights are bright white.

Bob Denman
09-21-2018, 01:09 PM
yup! :thumbup:

Fatcycledaddy
09-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Will be adding a led bumpskid to my 2016 RTL, Having been looking at Spyderpops and TricLed products for sometime, both look very similar.
In the photos on both sites they both LEDs seem to have a purple hue to them (Not Bright white). For those that have them is this true representation of the light or is this just due to the photo.
I do not have one, but I have seen several on the road. I agree, every one I have seen look like a purple hue to the lights to me, that's the only reason I don't have a lighted one right now.

ARtraveler
09-21-2018, 02:19 PM
Mine look purplish. Sypderpops from around 2014. :yes:

Bob Denman
09-21-2018, 02:25 PM
Lokk at the picture of Jeff's bike: it looks to be a brilliant white, and it came from TricLEDS.

Jarred
09-21-2018, 04:51 PM
I bought and installed the Spyderpops Bumpskid w LED’s, and it’s very bright white. Also, consider getting the remote for it. Easy to “install” and allows you to choose how bright you want them, breathe, strobe, control speed etc. was only a few bucks for remote, worth it in my book.
‘Good luck.

samewok
09-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Mine are from Spyderpops they are very bright and also have the remote.

Bfromla
09-21-2018, 08:35 PM
166013Not really sure but FYI SpyderPops skid & TricLed ringz both have a hue compared to the fender lights for some reason:dontknow: but the light is white 166014& wide :thumbup:easily covers curb to center line right in front of tires & some thru the rims so you see spoke shadows on curb:roflblack:

bhern
10-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Got it installed this weekend and really like the look. As others have noted, the pictures don't show it accurately -- the LED lights are definitely white, not purple.

Hat tip to the Spyderpops crew -- they did a great job on my first wave of serious farkles!

Big Juice
10-22-2018, 11:12 AM
My wife and I both have Spyderpops LED lights on our two Spyders, and we love the look (they have a bright "white" light at night). Sure gives some extra light for night riding, and we have the extras on the rear (red LEDs) that are super bright (a safety plus that I like).
You just need to "Light Up The Night!".........

Cruzr Joe
10-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Spyderpops for sure

Very Bright White LEDs

Cruzr Joe

Chasinsparks
10-22-2018, 12:31 PM
Thanks All for the input. Installed Spyderpops Led Bumpskid last weekend. As stated the pictures do not do it justice, the light are super bright and white. Really impressed with the installation instructions as well, took all of 25 mins to install using a J&S Jack to lift the RT gave me plenty of room.