PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Accessory install videos

DonC
09-18-2018, 05:08 PM
BRP Service just uploaded about 20 accessory install videos for the Ryker. From the looks of it they really put a lot of thought into the whole system.

I particularly like how the passenger seat can clip on and off so you could swap it out for the top case if needed. I don't see how they lock down though which could be an issue depending on where you park you ride.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BRPServiceVideo/videos

Don

Rohaianan
09-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Good videos. Pretty technically done.

Chupaca
09-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the link.:bowdown: nicely done videos and quite easy installation so it would seem....:thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
09-18-2018, 10:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/BRPServiceVideo/videos[/URL]

Don

If it doesn’t lock down I’d think twice before riding as a passenger! Ryker Ejector Seat Option

old Timer
09-19-2018, 05:59 AM
Those Vids are great. Marketing genius actually.

The philosophy behind the Ryker is clearly to generate interest in the Spyder line. A great beginner experience that encourages the prospective buyer to develop a relationship with His....or Her machine.

The more I think about it, a totally brilliant approach in developing a relationship with the brand and instilling a subconscious feeling of......"I did that :thumbup:"

IMHO, a super way to address the seemingly decline in the general motorcycle related industry.

Shear Genius, says I. :firstplace:

old Timer
09-19-2018, 06:05 AM
Good Grief..................Can you imagine the liability exposure that would be involved if the attachment was not secure.

How about taking the approach of "A glass half full rather than half empty."

DonC
09-19-2018, 10:06 AM
If it doesn’t lock down I’d think twice before riding as a passenger! Ryker Ejector Seat Option

It locks into place and is secure I just doesn't look like there is a way to lock it on with a key so somebody can't just pop it off, I doubt that would be an issue just an observation.

Don

Leadfoot
02-15-2019, 07:12 PM
I'd be happy if I could get mine on. The instructions "look" crystal clear and easy. It isn't. The pegs go on pretty easy and straight forward. But that next to final step (Slide seat back into position) is where mine when very wrong. It simply refuses to slide back far enough for the lock to engage in the frame. I ended up hitting the front of the seat with a rubber mallet. Made two nice holes in the seat cover but it will not slide back as far as it needs to.

Anybody know the secret?

CTAC
02-15-2019, 08:23 PM
I had to grind on mine. Others on here have said you don't have to do that... but there were no two ways about it on mine. I took my time and eventually got it to slide on.

rlowe
02-16-2019, 12:00 AM
I had to push down on the front middle of the seat (sort of flex it out) and at the same time slide it back. Haven't removed it yet to see how difficult that will be.

Triumphcycleman
02-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Mine is a bugger to take on and off. The issue seems to be the powercoat finish on both the support rack and seat bring the contact tolerance to near zero. I thin over time that the two pieces will wear each other in a bit

Leadfoot
02-16-2019, 11:20 AM
Thanks to all. It really helps to know that it isn't something I'm doing wrong and that it is possible :)

I'll break out the die grinder and start with the mating surfaces. Had to do that on the frame brace and loosen the seat frame bolts to get it in, come to think of it.

PS: Wish I'd waited for these answers before resorting to pounding on front of seat with a rubber mallet. (That didn't work)

Nico75
06-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Hi all ref pillion seat at first I couldn't shift mine but now after taking it off dozens of time it goes on a lot better I've had it off to experiment with a fitting under seat to fit a GIVI tank ring and quick release bag I do it easy now regards Nico 75

KC61
06-02-2019, 08:43 PM
I have had no issues getting the passenger comfort seat with back rest attached on and off.