PDA

View Full Version : BRP Saddlebags

Bersquack
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Yesterday I picked up a set of BRP saddlebags and decided to install the whole thing myself. That reminded me that I am more intellectual than manual!

I'm sure it is a very easy install for someone who does that often, but I thought it was hard. Man, did I miss my legos I least I can do that easily!

Let me say that BRP's instructions suck. I would have needed more pictures. If they could at least reference the part numbers in the instruction it wouls be more obvious. I have small hands and had a very hard time installing some of the brackets. They have you put bolts where you can't even use a ratchet.

However, I was very impressed with the ingenuity of all it fits together. The rack takes literally 30 seconds to remove which I am very happy for. The overall look is also very good. And you know what? The turn signal position and bracket do not bug me at all and I think I'll get used to it very quick.

One down side of the whole setup is that it makes it even harder to get to the battery.

If you are looking for a set of bags that can be taken with you, this is by far the best option I have seen. If you are handy then install it yourself otherwise save yourself the trouble and help you friendly neighborhood spyder dealer.

Firefly
06-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Yesterday I picked up a set of BRP saddlebags and decided to install the whole thing myself. That reminded me that I am more intellectual than manual!

I'm sure it is a very easy install for someone who does that often, but I thought it was hard. Man, did I miss my legos I least I can do that easily!

Let me say that BRP's instructions suck. I would have needed more pictures. If they could at least reference the part numbers in the instruction it wouls be more obvious. I have small hands and had a very hard time installing some of the brackets. They have you put bolts where you can't even use a ratchet.

However, I was very impressed with the ingenuity of all it fits together. The rack takes literally 30 seconds to remove which I am very happy for. The overall look is also very good. And you know what? The turn signal position and bracket do not bug me at all and I think I'll get used to it very quick.

One down side of the whole setup is that it makes it even harder to get to the battery.

If you are looking for a set of bags that can be taken with you, this is by far the best option I have seen. If you are handy then install it yourself otherwise save yourself the trouble and help you friendly neighborhood spyder dealer.

Sorry you had a hard time--- I meant to post some tips and GOOD photos after I had done my install to save others the troubles I ran into.

Yes, the BRP instructions BITE - they have the wrong photos in the wrong places, etc. They also skip a step.

I'll try and find the time to post my pics and tips soon.

I agree about the battery - going to have to carry two 13mm wrenches now on the road in case of battery problems!

They are really slick tho!

NautiBrit
06-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry you had a hard time--- I meant to post some tips and GOOD photos after I had done my install to save others the troubles I ran into.

Yes, the BRP instructions BITE - they have the wrong photos in the wrong places, etc. They also skip a step.

I'll try and find the time to post my pics and tips soon.

I agree about the battery - going to have to carry two 13mm wrenches now on the road in case of battery problems!

They are really slick tho!

The sooner the better, please:helpsmilie:I received my bags on Friday and would like to get them on before the L.A. event. Thanks.:2excited:

Firefly
06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I posted some install pics that should help clear some things up.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11653

Oldmanzues
08-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Did you buy the bags at a Spyder dealer ? If not where, Please.

My Dealer disavows any knowledge of them until the new models come out.

Old Man Zues

glynnk
08-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Firefly got me on to this web site www.robsperformance.com (http://www.robsperformance.com) which is where I purchased my BRP hard bags. Good people, good price.

GlynnK

NancysToy
08-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Did you buy the bags at a Spyder dealer ? If not where, Please.

My Dealer disavows any knowledge of them until the new models come out.

Old Man Zues
Your dealer is doing you wrong. These have been in the BRP dealer's accessory catalog and on the BRP Web site since this Spring. Nothing worse than an uninformed dealer, who doesn't keep up, and doesn't seem to care.

Bersquack
08-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Your dealer is doing you wrong. These have been in the BRP dealer's accessory catalog and on the BRP Web site since this Spring. Nothing worse than an uninformed dealer, who doesn't keep up, and doesn't seem to care.

:agree: Got mine at my dealer.

BLACK WIDOW
08-02-2009, 12:20 PM
The sooner the better, please:helpsmilie:I received my bags on Friday and would like to get them on before the L.A. event. Thanks.:2excited:

Took me four hours but that included a couple of BL breaks:cheers:
They shouldn't give you much of a problem. As I have said before, the factory instructions are pretty good, for the most part. Check Firefly's pictures and you won't have any trouble.:doorag:

ElkSpyder
08-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Firefly got me on to this web site www.robsperformance.com (http://www.robsperformance.com) which is where I purchased my BRP hard bags. Good people, good price.

GlynnK

:agree: Great dealer. And I get to vist them in person.