PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how this will feel on longer trips

RiverCity45
09-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Yes, this isn't a touring bike. I'm wondering about 300-500 mile trips. I live in Texas, and that's a common one-day trip.

BajaRon
09-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Yes, this isn't a touring bike. I'm wondering about 300-500 mile trips. I live in Texas, and that's a common one-day trip.

If you are talking about the Spyder. I have gone as far as 1,445 miles in 1 shot. Albuquerque, NM to Greeneville, TN (27 hours) on my 2008 GS with stock seat. This after doing about 800 miles from San Diego, CA to Albuquerque the day before.

It's all in what you regard as 'Do-able'.

DGoebel
09-16-2018, 12:55 PM
He didn't say but it is in the Ryker Sub-forum now. Pretty sure he's referring to it's long distance comfort. We'll have to wait for the first owners to let us know won't we.

Bob Denman
09-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Yup! It all come down to keeping your Hiney happy! :thumbup:
With the right seat (or seat pad...); the Ryker will go as far as you're willing to take it! :clap:

Sarge707
09-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Yup! It all come down to keeping your Hiney happy! :thumbup:
With the right seat (or seat pad...); the Ryker will go as far as you're willing to take it! :clap:

When are you gonna Pre-order? We can tell you Love It!!!

ARtraveler
09-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Time will tell for sure. One persons comfort is another's torture. So far, the information has all been based on short test rides. There will always be those out there that can do thousand mile days on anything.

I have done lots of 650 mile days on many bikes--but cannot attest to the Ryker. :popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
09-16-2018, 04:58 PM
When are you gonna Pre-order? We can tell you Love It!!!

When I can convince the Missus of several things:
1. I will stay only on the local roads...
2. Deviations from said local roads will result in loss of riding privileges…
3. Farkling is a forbidden concept...
4. Repeat #3...

nojoke

She's letting me look at them right now: I think that it's just an attempt by her to drive me nuts...

The joke is on her: I already am! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Motorcycledave
09-16-2018, 06:12 PM
165792 It is not uncommon to hop on mine and go to southern CA.
or to Reno & Lake Tahoe in one shot, maybe stop for gas when needed, however
mine is not even close to stock.

RiverCity45
09-19-2018, 03:13 PM
He didn't say but it is in the Ryker Sub-forum now. Pretty sure he's referring to it's long distance comfort. We'll have to wait for the first owners to let us know won't we.

Yes, since this is the Ryker forum, I presumed that was a given.

RiverCity45
09-19-2018, 03:14 PM
165792 It is not uncommon to hop on mine and go to southern CA.
or to Reno & Lake Tahoe in one shot, maybe stop for gas when needed, however
mine is not even close to stock.

That sure doesn't look like a Ryker ;-) (the topic of this thread).

BajaRon
09-20-2018, 08:52 AM

You're right. I should have said; 'If it is anything like the Spyder'. That is the angle I meant to convey.

Highwayman2013
09-20-2018, 10:12 AM
We won't know until someone gets one.

Chupaca
09-20-2018, 11:39 AM
Allow for the proper resting and streching and you can go till you feel the need to lie down for the night.
They seem to have a lot acc for the ryker already could be some comfort items...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Give one to Fred Rau: He'll circle the Planet on it! :bowdown:

Peteoz
09-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Yes, since this is the Ryker forum, I presumed that was a given.

True, RiverCity, but since many folks look at “new posts”, when they log in, where everything is lumped in together, the extra couple of seconds to type something like “Wonder how the Ryker will feel on longer trips” as your heading makes things easier for everybody.:thumbup:

Pete