PDA

View Full Version : Ryker on the Road!

Pirate looks at --
09-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Well this is my lovely wife sitting on a Ryker! According to the folks at BRP, I was the first person not from BRP to ryde a Ryker on the Road!

Bfromla
09-14-2018, 11:59 AM
Well this is my lovely wife sitting on a Ryker! According to the folks at BRP, I was the first person not from BRP to ryde a Ryker on the Road!
:2thumbs::congrats: & the Initial report:dontknow::dontknow::popcorn:

old Timer
09-14-2018, 01:00 PM
And your write up...............:lecturef_smilie:

Impressions, what do you think of the power" What do you think the cruising speed will be on the HiWay? Any other impressions.

ARtraveler
09-14-2018, 01:18 PM
:bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

wilpir
09-14-2018, 01:47 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
09-14-2018, 01:50 PM
Was that the twin; or the triple??
We're waiting for your thoughts... :thumbup:

delkhouri
09-14-2018, 02:10 PM

What are your thoughts??? We for sure need some details and a report. Don't leave us hanging man.

Little Blue
09-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Well, what is the rest of the Story? :popcorn:

Bob Denman
09-14-2018, 02:40 PM
:agree::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq: :dontknow:

Capt. Bob
09-14-2018, 03:17 PM
Pirate, Now I understand why the salesperson at Route 1 Motorsports in Malabar, Florida today looked at me kind of funny when I said I would like to see the new Ryker! He said that maybe they will be in in a couple of weeks but did mention that in the powersports world unlike the car business, manufacturers announce new models early and typically deliver much later than in the automobile business that he had been in. I guess BRP is not providing delivery statuses to the dealers at this point?

Sarge707
09-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Pirate, Now I understand why the salesperson at Route 1 Motorsports in Malabar, Florida today looked at me kind of funny when I said I would like to see the new Ryker! He said that maybe they will be in in a couple of weeks but did mention that in the powersports world unlike the car business, manufacturers announce new models early and typically deliver much later than in the automobile business that he had been in. I guess BRP is not providing delivery statuses to the dealers at this point?
I called 3 Dealers besides my own and as is common-They are putting in their individual orders with BRP this week after attending the Demos! I wonder what they do with the 20? Demos that were at the Dealer meeting?

Pirate looks at --
09-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Sorry folks for the lack of response. We have been leading rydes non stop. First impression: This is a really fun machine. Just jump on, grip it and rip it. We only have access to the 600 cc version, but it really gets up and goes. I am told that this little beast weighs in at around 550 lbs. Fuel economy at about 45 to 50 mpg. All of the Nanny Mechanisms are built in so the safety factor remains in play. The 900 has Sport Mode, and also a Rally model with off road tires and "Rally Mode" to allow you to play in the dirt and have fun. Amazing how smooth it accelerates with no shifting at all. Shaft drive is very smooth and no "Vibration". Three colored panels that can be switched out for what ever color you want to ryde that day. They pop on and they pop off. Full "U-Fit" system that you can adjust in seconds for Ryders of different sizes. Both handle bars and foot pegs. You can even adjust the the angle of the Brake peddle. One panel slides back to reveal the gas tank, fill it, and slide it back. Gas and go! Rydes really nice and has a lots of accessories available. Detachable passenger seat with passenger pegs, additional storage can be purchased. Oh 16 inch wheels!

It is designed for 3 types of Ryders. The 20 to 30 something crowd that wants to commute to work with a back pack on their back that just can't afford the $30,000.00 machine. The Rally folks that want to mix it up in the dirt. Lastly for people like you that just want to go out and have fun. I think these guys are going sell really well, and I suggest you test ryde one when you have the opportunity. :yes::yes::yes:

Little Blue
09-14-2018, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the Update. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-14-2018, 05:32 PM
:agree: This bike is gonna cost me a divorce. :2thumbs:

Pirate looks at --
09-14-2018, 05:39 PM
It will fit in the RV!:yes:

Pirate looks at --
09-14-2018, 05:40 PM
More pictures later tonight!

asp125
09-14-2018, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like Can Am has some good features, and hoping they someday make it to the Spyder lineup.

Kiry
09-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Sweet! I'm enjoying the impressions so far. I don't see myself owning one quite yet, but I DO see the appeal for sure.

Pirate looks at --
09-14-2018, 06:04 PM

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Sorry folks for the lack of response. We have been leading rydes non stop. First impression: This is a really fun machine. Just jump on, grip it and rip it. We only have access to the 600 cc version, but it really gets up and goes. I am told that this little beast weighs in at around 550 lbs. Fuel economy at about 45 to 50 mpg. All of the Nanny Mechanisms are built in so the safety factor remains in play. The 900 has Sport Mode, and also a Rally model with off road tires and "Rally Mode" to allow you to play in the dirt and have fun. Amazing how smooth it accelerates with no shifting at all. Shaft drive is very smooth and no "Vibration". Three colored panels that can be switched out for what ever color you want to ryde that day. They pop on and they pop off. Full "U-Fit" system that you can adjust in seconds for Ryders of different sizes. Both handle bars and foot pegs. You can even adjust the the angle of the Brake peddle. One panel slides back to reveal the gas tank, fill it, and slide it back. Gas and go! Rydes really nice and has a lots of accessories available. Detachable passenger seat with passenger pegs, additional storage can be purchased. Oh 16 inch wheels!

It is designed for 3 types of Ryders. The 20 to 30 something crowd that wants to commute to work with a back pack on their back that just can't afford the $30,000.00 machine. The Rally folks that want to mix it up in the dirt. Lastly for people like you that just want to go out and have fun. I think these guys are going sell really well, and I suggest you test ryde one when you have the opportunity. :yes::yes::yes:
Thank you , I learned way more reading your description than that 22 minute RIDE report that was posted earlier ….. 16 inch wheels is that front and rear ??????? ……….. I think Vredestein makes some really sticky tires in that size !!!! …. Mike …..…..VREDESTEINS that might fit 185/55-16 and 195/45-16 for front …...Rear 225/55-16 and 225/60-15 in the Quatrac 5 model …….These are available now at the TIRERACK.COM...…. I'll check the Home web site for Vredestein Tire co. :clap:

Capt. Bob
09-14-2018, 07:36 PM
This Ryker reminds me of the imaginary vehicles they were using in the movie Tron. I think Can-Am is going to sell the heck out of these to the 20-30 y-o demographic you mentioned.

Petrom714
09-14-2018, 07:55 PM
due to some injury problems, i would not be able to have the seat be much lower than on my current f3--did you get a sense of how much lower the whole trike is just slung to the ground than a full spyder, the seat itself looks to be maybe 5 inches lower?? thanks in advance if you got a sense for this..

More pictures later tonight!

Sarge707
09-14-2018, 08:20 PM
due to some injury problems, i would not be able to have the seat be much lower than on my current f3--did you get a sense of how much lower the whole trike is just slung to the ground than a full spyder, the seat itself looks to be maybe 5 inches lower?? thanks in advance if you got a sense for this..

The seat height is 3 inches lower than the F3.

Woodaddict
09-14-2018, 09:40 PM
didn't know they had any models made for test rides yet. cool.

jaherbst
09-14-2018, 09:46 PM
Sorry Guys and Gals, don't mean to Blow Bubbles in the Spaghetti but I just don't like the looks and can't get excited over this. I still get exited over a lot

of things at my age but this ain't one of them. Maybe a new Ferrari or Porsche but not this.

Still love my RTL!

BTW, I sold my Shockwave Toy Hauler and bought a new Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome. Will be towing the Spyder in my Look enclosed Trailer to Boerne, TX

for the Hill Country Ride again this year. (4th year) Staying at the Alamo RV park across from the Spyder Dealer if any would like to take a look. My

eighth Motor home with three Toy Haulers in between. Nothing like a Diesel Pusher! I would personally like to thank my "kids" for allowing me to spend

their inheritance!

Jack

delkhouri
09-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Sorry Guys and Gals, don't mean to Blow Bubbles in the Spaghetti but I just don't like the looks and can't get excited over this. I still get exited over a lot of things at my age but this ain't one of them. Maybe a new Ferrari or Porsche but not this.

Still love my RTL!

I probably wouldn't be excited by this either if I had or could afford a RTL

Peter Aawen
09-14-2018, 10:02 PM
I dunno, apart from them looking sorta like low flying crickets after they've slammed so hard into the windscreen of an oncoming car that their tails've been driven almost as far up their arses as their noses've been shoved down their throats, they do look like a sorta interesting & potentially heaps of fun 'play around' package!?! http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/005.gif

Low seating & CoG; light weight teamed with your choice of reasonable power output engines (should be a pretty good power to weight ratio whichever engine you choose); potentially better ground clearance, at least in the Rally versions, than from the rest of the current road-worthy crop from BRP; selectable Sport &/or Rally modes for 'controllable drifting' on the tarmac or gravel; and a pretty good choice of colours, accessories, & storage options... I'm definitely 'interested' in their potential as a fun toy! http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/great.gif

Buuuut, while it does look like they have a 'different' tire tread selection, at least for the Rally versions, it still looks like it's gonna be on Kenda tires!! :banghead: All the pics I've seen seem to show them wearing Kendas, albeit some appear more 'all-terrain' than the directional road tires! http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/banghead.gifAaaaannnd to add insult to that injury, according to their specs, it looks like these things are now specced for MC tires, only in a different set of slightly odd sizes from those generally available, which could mean we are stuck running Kendas if we want to remain legal cos it's doubtful too many others will make MC tires in suitable tread patterns & anything close to those sizes.... http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/001_9898.gif

Plus, for those of us Down Under, cos there's no bodywork protruding beyond the front wheels or extending beyond the trailing end of the rear tyre, aaaand with the muffler not even making it as far as the rear tyre at all, & a few other niggling idiotic restrictions, I think there may be a good chance that we never actually get to see them on the roads here in Aus - at least not in the currently shown format!! http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/001_unsure.gif Still, while the package itself might look interesting to start with, & while there may be some 'work-arounds' produced eventually that will get them past the current Aust Design Rules re body-work & mufflers, lights, etc, there's just NO WAY I'm ever going to be buying a vehicle for road use that is ONLY allowed to run on Kenda tires!! http://www.ozspyderryders.com/Smileys/aaron/scared.gif

Pirate looks at --
09-14-2018, 10:12 PM
Yes 16 inch all around and Kendas all around. BTW I was really impressed with the cornering capabilities. Ryde position is very similar to the F3! That seat may be a bit lower.

guzzihack
09-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Just showed the wifey the pics of the Stryker. Her comment, "Yuk, that's ****ty looking. I don't care for that at all"! Opinions will vary. Don't think it will win any beauty contests, but they at least gave it a drive shaft. I'd like to see one in person and do a demo Ryde before I give out my opinion.

Coke

Batmobil-F3
09-15-2018, 04:15 AM
Hello Pirate,
I have some questions. I am from Germany therefore the bumpy English.
Can the fuel filler cap and the storage compartment be locked? Where is the ignition lock located? Can the parking brake be operated after removing the ignition key? Thanks

blacklightning
09-15-2018, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the picture. I think that i will be possibly above the recommended size, when i look at your wife on this machine and then imagine my 6'2" 250 pound frame on this bike. But i will be giving one a test ride:2thumbs:.

Batmobil-F3
09-15-2018, 07:57 AM
Picture for a size comparison(source reference https://www.brp.ca/on-road/fb-promotions/sales-events/pre-season-offer.html.html)

jaherbst
09-15-2018, 08:36 AM
Just showed the wifey the pics of the Stryker. Her comment, "Yuk, that's ****ty looking. I don't care for that at all"! Opinions will vary. Don't think it will win any beauty contests, but they at least gave it a drive shaft. I'd like to see one in person and do a demo Ryde before I give out my opinion.

Coke

Drive Shafts are a good thing!

Jack

jaherbst
09-15-2018, 08:43 AM
I probably wouldn't be excited by this either if I had or could afford a RTL

Truly sorry about that. Perhaps a lot of F3 and RT prices will drop because of this and diverted interest. Should be some very good deals in the near

future on used F3's and RT's. I would personally prefer a used F3 or RT over a new Stryker.

​Jack

Capt. Bob
09-15-2018, 10:15 AM
Jack, I rode my well optioned 2015 F3S to a Can-Am dealer yesterday to look at the as yet non-available Stryker and realized that there is absolutely very little comparison between my F3S and a 900 spec Stryker. I LOVE my SM6 (clutch/shifter) which I am delighted that Can-Am continues to make for 2019 which frankly surprised me since most of their customer base prefers the semi-automatic and now CVT transmissions. Certainly not a game changer for my needs and I am getting too old to go play in the dirt on a three wheeler. Bob

Pirate looks at --
09-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Hello Pirate,
I have some questions. I am from Germany therefore the bumpy English.
Can the fuel filler cap and the storage compartment be locked? Where is the ignition lock located? Can the parking brake be operated after removing the ignition key? Thanks
It did not look like you could lock the gas cover, but it could be that once the key is out (slips in by your left leg). I don't believe you can use the e-brake after the key is removed. You shift into reverse with a lever close to your left foot!

Pirate looks at --
09-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the picture. I think that i will be possibly above the recommended size, when i look at your wife on this machine and then imagine my 6'2" 250 pound frame on this bike. But i will be giving one a test ride:2thumbs:.
Probably not. She is 5'8". Maximum weight capacity is 450 lbs

Pirate looks at --
09-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Truly sorry about that. Perhaps a lot of F3 and RT prices will drop because of this and diverted interest. Should be some very good deals in the near

future on used F3's and RT's. I would personally prefer a used F3 or RT over a new Stryker.

​Jack
The Ryker is not a Spyder. BRP was very adamant about. The base price on the 2019 RT will be $3500.00 lower.

Batmobil-F3
09-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Hello Pirate,
Thank you very much for the information. :clap:

Kiry
09-15-2018, 01:01 PM
I like how "mean" looking it is. But then again, I'm partial to the F3 look as well. Seems about right for the target market and intent. this is not a slick city machine, that's not how they seem to be marketing it.

Bob Denman
09-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Jack
:congrats: on the new "Tiffie"! :clap::thumbup:
They are about three steps past gorgeous! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-15-2018, 02:20 PM
It did not look like you could lock the gas cover, but it could be that once the key is out (slips in by your left leg). I don't believe you can use the e-brake after the key is removed. You shift into reverse with a lever close to your left foot!
I was an LEO for 37 yrs. and never investigated a Gas theft from a Mtc. never even heard of it occurring …. Mike :thumbup:

Deanna777
09-15-2018, 02:32 PM
:congrats: How do you like it?

How does it handle?

Deanna

Deanna777
09-15-2018, 02:51 PM
In comparison to the spyder, how does the "Ryker" Start( do you have to turn the key, and wait for the computer to intialize)?

Or do you" turn the Key" and GO?

Deanna

Bob Denman
09-15-2018, 04:43 PM
I was an LEO for 37 yrs. and never investigated a Gas theft from a Mtc. never even heard of it occurring …. Mike :thumbup:

:agree: They just don't carry enough fuel to be a target.

hypurone
09-15-2018, 07:07 PM

That's because they usually take the whole damn bike! Gas and all! :mad:

A bit different with the Ryker and the bulging backbone makes it seem like it is carrying a boatload of fuel... Could make it more tempting to the bad sorts.... :dontknow:

Sarge707
09-15-2018, 08:14 PM
In comparison to the spyder, how does the "Ryker" Start( do you have to turn the key, and wait for the computer to intialize)?

Deanna

Per videos- You attach a DESS connector to the left side (Like a Jet Ski) Push the Start button- Then a Twist of the throttle starts It.

SpyderAnn01
09-15-2018, 10:18 PM
It will fit in the RV!:yes:

I was thinking that we will see a lot of them in the back of RV’s, especially the Rally models.

Bfromla
09-16-2018, 03:45 AM

:thumbup: The panels pop on & off, any chance of blow off or missing grommets like on the RT?:dontknow:
how is the access & view for checking fluids? I read about sliding door for gas does it lock??
is there any storage space or only additional ?? If you please. Thanks in advance

IWN2RYD
09-16-2018, 10:05 AM
The Ryker is not a Spyder. BRP was very adamant about. The base price on the 2019 RT will be $3500.00 lower.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on how BRP was adamant on the Ryker not being a Spyder? What details or explanations might they have expressed?

Thank you Pirate.

Sarge707
09-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Yes 16 inch all around and Kendas all around. BTW I was really impressed with the cornering capabilities. Ryde position is very similar to the F3! That seat may be a bit lower.

I was examining the specs and the Rear on the Rally is 205/55/15? as Opposed to 205/45/16 on the Others. Seems maybe wider- Not a tire specialist? Also who knows about the KYB APG shocks on the Rally vs Sachs on the others? Only the rear shock on the Sachs have any preload adjustment while the KYB has adjustments on ALL and a separate cylinder on the fly adjustment on the rear.
Are KYB that much better for normal on road use?:dontknow:

Rob Rodriguez
09-16-2018, 01:41 PM
I'd buy the optional fox shocks for ether the standard or the 900. I just consider them to be a higher quality unit than the KYB......but that'
s just me.

Pirate looks at --
09-17-2018, 07:57 AM

Deanna

That is interesting. The key is inserted down by your left leg. On the Bars there is a start button. You tap the start button, and roll the throttle forward just a bit and it starts!

Pirate looks at --
09-17-2018, 07:58 AM
I was examining the specs and the Rear on the Rally is 205/55/15? as Opposed to 205/45/16 on the Others. Seems maybe wider- Not a tire specialist? Also who knows about the KYB APG shocks on the Rally vs Sachs on the others? Only the rear shock on the Sachs have any preload adjustment while the KYB has adjustments on ALL and a separate cylinder on the fly adjustment on the rear.
Are KYB that much better for normal on road use?:dontknow:
We did not see the rally version at all.

Pirate looks at --
09-17-2018, 08:01 AM
:congrats: How do you like it?

How does it handle?

Deanna
It was different as there was no windshield at all so lots of wind on my chest, I am sure they will have windshield options available. It handles much like a spyder, especially the F3 as it has a low center of gravity. Turns nicely and was just a lot of fun to ryde.

NonTypicalCPA
09-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Those ACE engines are very nice power plants! On the dirt and snow side of BRP's lineup, guys are really cranking out the hp on the 900 ace with just a programming change. I'd love to try out a 900 Rally edition if it fits my 6' 2" frame.

Kratos
09-17-2018, 01:20 PM
I loooooove the looks of the Ryker. I always told my wife that the front trikes would look great with a model that the wheels stick out further than the body.

This Ryker will be a HIT. And I WILL have it. :clap:

Sarge707
09-17-2018, 03:03 PM
I loooooove the looks of the Ryker. I always told my wife that the front trikes would look great with a model that the wheels stick out further than the body.

This Ryker will be a HIT. And I WILL have it. :clap:

I'm will you! Gonna get a trade-in estimate from Dealer Wednesday and either trade or sell myself depending on his offer. I love the F3 BUT I'm tired of the manual shift and Want a Rally for my 70th coming in December!! I WILL have one either way!!!nojoke

I would love to see the catalogue where you can buy the mods- because I could live fine with the 900 Normal version because I have no off road sites and will never carry a Passenger BUT would want Silver grate under the radiator, The Silver piece on the upper front hatch and the 2 Silver pieces in back of each front wheel like the Rally has??? Can't find the cost of them?

Bob Denman
09-20-2018, 11:13 AM
CuznJohn just sent me this video: it shows the top storage compartment, and the adjustability of the handlebars. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwIBhz5-OhM

Pirate looks at --
09-20-2018, 12:08 PM
CuznJohn just sent me this video: it shows the top storage compartment, and the adjustability of the handlebars. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwIBhz5-OhM
That video was shot in Sacramento CA. The person filming it is for my dealer Elk Grove Power Sports!

Bob Denman
09-20-2018, 01:42 PM
:D Were you the guy holding the camera? :thumbup:

By the way: How did those twins feel while getting up to speed?

Sarge707
09-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Got the delivery Poop from my dealer and another in CT and they expect a Showroom Model (Not for sale) in Dec and the main shipment in March- April. Time to enjoy what I got!

Bob Denman
09-20-2018, 02:46 PM
It gives me more time to work on the Missus... :lecturef_smilie: :pray:

Pirate looks at --
09-20-2018, 06:12 PM
:D Were you the guy holding the camera? :thumbup:

By the way: How did those twins feel while getting up to speed?
That was shot the day before we got there. The twin was really smooth and pretty torquey. Smooth application of power all the way to speed. The wind got to me at 80. I kept reaching for the "Essie" especially as I was slowing for corners so that would take some getting used too.

wmh9680
09-20-2018, 10:02 PM
It gives me more time to work on the Missus... :lecturef_smilie: :pray:

Ditto, man am I in trouble

old Timer
09-21-2018, 07:00 AM
What is the "Essie" ???????????

Apparently it will hit 80 easily. :thumbup:

The Ryker sounds like a real deal the more we hear about it.

My impression is that Can Am has put some really intelligent thought into the Ryker. Predicting a Home Run here. :clap:

Pirate looks at --
09-21-2018, 07:33 AM
SE Semi-Automatic Transmission!

Bob Denman
09-21-2018, 07:55 AM
:D As opposed to the "ESSEM"...
(That would be the conventional style motorcycle tranny.)

old Timer
09-21-2018, 08:13 AM
Thanks. :thumbup:

Deanna777
09-21-2018, 05:42 PM
I like the way the Ryker looks, when my dealership gets 1 in ( as a floor model in March for floor time) I'll take a test drive.

I'm keeping my 2014RTS-SE6.

Deanna

Bob Denman
09-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Does that mean you're becoming a "Two-Spyder Woman"? :spyder2::spyder2:

jbim
09-22-2018, 08:21 AM
It seems that the only negative will be availability and possibly dealer price mark-ups! Can BRP build enough of these during the winter months to meet demand in the spring. I am trying to convince my son to buy one of these as he is looking to trade-up from is Honda 300 to a BMW F series. I am certainly going to try one of these as soon as I can but I suspect it will be only in May or June next year. It's going to be a long winter!

Bob Denman
09-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Tell him to just put a deposit down on one, and guarantee that one will have his name on it next Spring...
If he doesn't like it: you'll be happy to "keep it exercised" for him! :thumbup:

jgmcbride
09-22-2018, 09:41 AM
What jbim brings up is what interests me - Dealer Mark Up.

$8499.00 - Spyker
352.71 - Sales Tax (Virginia -4.15%)
28.75 - Registration Tags
15.00 - Title
12.00 - State Inspection

8,907.00 - Grand Total

That is the proximate out-the-door price of what I think a unit is out-the-door here in Virginia. I could not get from Can-Am what they put as Destination Charge on this unit.

Some dealers told me they would have an additional fee to put it together. Some others told me "administrative paperwork fee". None would tell me a price out-the door.

Very frustrating. Why can we not expect to know what the price is before go perhaps hundreds pf miles. The only other business that treats its perspective customers this shabbily is the auto industry and even then there are a few, who you can get a price from without any effort.

The first one who gives me a price as close as $8,907.00 as an out-the-door price has my business, and I dare to say, a lot of others.

Triumphcycleman
09-22-2018, 10:24 AM
There will definitely be a freight fee, possibly a prep fee from most dealers. I can tell you for certain that the "mark up" is very low (MSRP to dealer cost) so those will likely be added to pay the shipping and to pay to assemble it.

What jbim brings up is what interests me - Dealer Mark Up.

$8499.00 - Spyker
352.71 - Sales Tax (Virginia -4.15%)
28.75 - Registration Tags
15.00 - Title
12.00 - State Inspection

8,907.00 - Grand Total

That is the proximate out-the-door price of what I think a unit is out-the-door here in Virginia. I could not get from Can-Am what they put as Destination Charge on this unit.

Some dealers told me they would have an additional fee to put it together. Some others told me "administrative paperwork fee". None would tell me a price out-the door.

Very frustrating. Why can we not expect to know what the price is before go perhaps hundreds pf miles. The only other business that treats its perspective customers this shabbily is the auto industry and even then there are a few, who you can get a price from without any effort.

The first one who gives me a price as close as $8,907.00 as an out-the-door price has my business, and I dare to say, a lot of others.

old Timer
09-22-2018, 10:53 AM
I don't suppose that there will be a lot of wiggle room in Ryker's pricing. Freight pricing will be established by the Mfg in their negotiating with the frt company. The frt charges will be the same all across the US, the set up and/or DOC fee will be a variable.

The pricing profit structure is probably accessory and labor to install dependent.

I suspect that the Ryker program will be a Home Run bigly for both the customer and dealer.

Triumphcycleman sounds like he would be a good dealer to do business with. Sounds like he is hands on rather that the less desirable absentee owner that knows nothing about their product line.

Triumphcycleman
09-22-2018, 11:49 AM
I think this will be an MSRP selling bike for sure.
Thanks for the compliment! I am the owner, janitor, plumber, handiman, salesman and sometimes even an additional tech at my shop. We are a BRP only dealer (with BRP since 2001), so I darned sure have no excuse but to be really good and knowledgeable on all of their stuff. And I guess I personally have a soft spot for our Spyder side of the business.

I don't suppose that there will be a lot of wiggle room in Ryker's pricing. Freight pricing will be established by the Mfg in their negotiating with the frt company. The frt charges will be the same all across the US, the set up and/or DOC fee will be a variable.

The pricing profit structure is probably accessory and labor to install dependent.

I suspect that the Ryker program will be a Home Run bigly for both the customer and dealer.

Triumphcycleman sounds like he would be a good dealer to do business with. Sounds like he is hands on rather that the less desirable absentee owner that knows nothing about their product line.

old Timer
09-22-2018, 02:15 PM
I think this will be an MSRP selling bike for sure.
Thanks for the compliment! I am the owner, janitor, plumber, handiman, salesman and sometimes even an additional tech at my shop. We are a BRP only dealer (with BRP since 2001), so I darned sure have no excuse but to be really good and knowledgeable on all of their stuff. And I guess I personally have a soft spot for our Spyder side of the business.

Is this you???

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41813799_1847193385369239_5259896243814924288_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=2c0cbf88de800f075e22cb753e3b8772&oe=5C2FB294

old Timer
09-22-2018, 02:20 PM
Holeeee Kow........................why is the pic so big?????

Deanna777
09-23-2018, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1393508]Does that mean you're becoming a "Two-Spyder Woman"? :spyder2::spyder2:[/QUOTE No, I am only going to be a 1 :spyder2:lady. I said "I am only taking a test drive on The Ryker.

If BRP comes out with a Color in the RT model that I like, I might trade. Till then I am keeping my RTS-SE6.

​Deanna

RudyB
09-23-2018, 05:51 PM
How about a shaft drive and cvt transmission for a full sized Spyder RT now that I could go for😁😁😁

Triumphcycleman
09-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Not me, that is my tech Sam

Is this you???

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41813799_1847193385369239_5259896243814924288_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=2c0cbf88de800f075e22cb753e3b8772&oe=5C2FB294

MikeT
09-23-2018, 09:44 PM
:agree: This bike is gonna cost me a divorce. :2thumbs:
Especially since you just sold your 10th Anniversary.
Mike

Bob Denman
09-24-2018, 06:51 AM
:shocked: Don't remind me... :banghead:

Sarge707
09-24-2018, 07:38 AM
The Fiche for Parts are up but no description or price yet. If you look at the videos all the accessories are pretty easy to install?
Any word on if the sway bar will be an easy change like the 2008-2012 Models????

Batmobil-F3
09-25-2018, 08:20 AM
The first Ryker reviews

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/09/23/2019-can-am-ryker-review-20-fast-facts/

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/brp/2019-can-ryker-review-first-ride.html (https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/09/23/2019-can-am-ryker-review-20-fast-facts/)

old Timer
09-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Those just posted reviews hit the nail on the head. I think that the new Ryker will be a Home Run. Living here in the Smokey Mountains of Eastern Tennessee, can not imagine anything that would be more Wind in Your face fun to spend a beautiful day exploring the countless miles of fabulous twisty mountain roads that are every where around here. Apparently a large enough gas tank to ride 150 to 200 miles at a time. I'm thinking a combination of a Go Kart and a Mazda Miata................ And all for around $10K plus or minus.

The best part of it will be that my Wife will be perfectly at home burning Gas and Busting Bugs with it. She loves and is perfectly comfortable with CVT transmission equipped ATV's. The Ryker is a natural.

Heck, we can get two of these for the price of one of my BMW's or HD's............... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stogeylink
09-25-2018, 05:36 PM

​Jack

I'm right there with you. Sorry but this is like upgrading from a Road King to a Sportster. JMO.

superbee24
09-25-2018, 09:08 PM
https://www.cycleworld.com/can-ams-2019-ryker-insists-three-wheelers-arent-just-for-boomers#page-7

old Timer
09-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Another good positive write up in a string of positive write ups. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-26-2018, 06:46 AM
How about a shaft drive and cvt transmission for a full sized Spyder RT now that I could go for😁😁😁

Sarge707
10-19-2018, 05:15 PM
That was shot the day before we got there. The twin was really smooth and pretty torquey. Smooth application of power all the way to speed. The wind got to me at 80. I kept reaching for the "Essie" especially as I was slowing for corners so that would take some getting used too.

Wonder if the 600 could burn a little rubber from the stop like SnoCat did in the Pacific Coast video with the 900???:dontknow:

Venom21
10-23-2018, 03:16 PM
wondering the same thing

one2doo
10-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Just put a deposit on a Rally for Christmas present for Becky. She will :yes::yes::yes:.