PDA

View Full Version : 0-60 and potential top speed?

jwulf74
09-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Any one find out the 0-60 and potential top speed?

Chupaca
09-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Guessing you are referring to the ryker... which one .. ?? Have seen no specs on performance...:dontknow: yet... :popcorn:

Rob Rodriguez
09-12-2018, 11:14 PM
Guy in one of the test ride videos said he got the 900 up to about 75 and he thought it had a little more. Said it was snappy off the line. pitbull powersports facebook page has some test ride videos

monkeyboymorton
09-13-2018, 09:15 AM
As power to weight ratio on the 900 is much the same as an F3 I would expect similar acceleration. Plus the CVT will limit wheelspin to some degreee a bit like torque converter automatics do. So you could most probably just open the throttle fully without having to feather it.

I would exoect it to start running out of puff much above 70 as raw horsepower starts to count more than weight then. Probably top out 85-90 once wind resistance and drag from the tyres start holding it back.

Just guessing though at this stage until some extensive test rides are published :dontknow:

Sarge707
09-13-2018, 11:31 AM
As power to weight ratio on the 900 is much the same as an F3 I would expect similar acceleration. Plus the CVT will limit wheelspin to some degreee a bit like torque converter automatics do. So you could most probably just open the throttle fully without having to feather it.

I would exoect it to start running out of puff much above 70 as raw horsepower starts to count more than weight then. Probably top out 85-90 once wind resistance and drag from the tyres start holding it back.

Just guessing though at this stage until some extensive test rides are published :dontknow:

I agree! Seems the F3 test rides were put on video with responces from the actual riders? Maybe there in the works-I,m still trying to figure out where the front turn signal is-Unless its leds on the bottom of each headlight?

Bob Denman
09-13-2018, 12:07 PM
I'd be curious about just how the 600 performs the "get up an go!" duties... :2thumbs:
After all: no matter what it does: the 900 will be both quicker, and faster! :yes:

hypurone
09-13-2018, 05:19 PM
I,m still trying to figure out where the front turn signal is-Unless its leds on the bottom of each headlight? They would have to "auto dim" the headlight as it would overpower the signal in that location. I'm betting they are in the fenders....

PW2013STL
09-13-2018, 05:31 PM
They would have to "auto dim" the headlight as it would overpower the signal in that location. I'm betting they are in the fenders....

I agree!
Large fender tip lights - so I am assuming those are also the turn signal lights.

Sarge707
09-13-2018, 08:54 PM
I agree!
Large fender tip lights - so I am assuming those are also the turn signal lights.

That would be Great because you could Tap into the lines and Have a Red Running/turn signal 10 Inch LED (Autozone) attached to the back half of the fender Like TricLed or Custom Dymanics. (Cheap)

Bob Denman
09-14-2018, 06:34 AM
:D See: they're not even in the garage yet, and we're already adding farkles! :clap::2thumbs:

Sarge707
09-14-2018, 07:50 AM
:D See: they're not even in the garage yet, and we're already adding farkles! :clap::2thumbs:

I already figured out how to wire My Warm and Safe glove liners from the battery !!!:yes:

Bob Denman
09-14-2018, 08:07 AM
:clap::congrats::firstplace:

monkeyboymorton
09-14-2018, 10:20 AM
I think the most surprising thing is the pricing and value for money. I expected the lowest performance version to be the 'under 10K spyder' we've been hearing about and to get nearer to 12-13K for the higher power one.

8.5K entry level and 10K for the higher power seems astonishing value. I think they are going to sell a lot of these and hopefully they can actually get some sales going in the UK.

Sarge707
09-14-2018, 12:53 PM
They would have to "auto dim" the headlight as it would overpower the signal in that location. I'm betting they are in the fenders....

I have got a few close ups of the front lights and there appear to be 5-6 leds on the bottom below the light so I bet the "Auto Dim" method is what they used because he difference would be striking to the eye?

NonTypicalCPA
09-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Those 900ace motors have factory turbos on them in the UTVs and snowmobiles. Making 140+hp and speeds of 115+. This is going to be a fun ride!

Bob Denman
09-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Those engines probably aren't laboring under any vehicle emissions regulations… :banghead:
YMMV... :dontknow: