PDA

View Full Version : Can Am Spyder on Spike TV in November 2009

MetroAsian
06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Spike TV contacted Spyder-Rentals.com to do a shoot for Bob Einstein aka Super Dave Obsorne, the stunt guy who always gets himself hurt. Since he's a bit older now, he requested an semi-automatic to drive.

Here are some pics of what will become the season finale of his show that starts this summer. Unfortunately, the Spyder won't be used until November when the show finishes around Thanksgiving.

The plot is that he plans to drive off the airstrip, say goodbye to his fans, and then crash into a brick wall until next time.

Real nice guy! I remembered watching him on TV when I was a kid...except for in real life, he's got the dirtiest mouth :) It was funny to see him swear and screw up his lines. I'll post them to YouTube later but I promised the show I wouldn't leak it out until the show gets closer to airing.

Enjoy the photos! :ohyea:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ImDaveChu/SpikeTVSSuperDaveSSpikeTacular?feat=directlink

2spyders
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
:clap:Can't wait to see the show! Thanks for sharing!

bjt
06-07-2009, 06:43 AM
:doorag: :thumbup:

Sopher
06-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Looks like Super Dave cant write his own name (Note Dave is messed up on last photo.)

MetroAsian
06-07-2009, 11:46 PM
That was actually my fault...I bought some clearcoat laquer from Home Depot and it ate away at the "Dave" part. I was trying to preserve it. So much for trust the Home Depot guy in the paint section. I specifically told him it was for preserving an autograph and he said it was fine. I even made a mental note to test it on another metal surface first as a trial run but I forgot. My heart dropped when the signiture started to melt LOL!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to preserve autographs on collectibles?

WackyDan
06-08-2009, 12:33 AM
That was actually my fault...I bought some clearcoat laquer from Home Depot and it ate away at the "Dave" part. I was trying to preserve it. So much for trust the Home Depot guy in the paint section. I specifically told him it was for preserving an autograph and he said it was fine. I even made a mental note to test it on another metal surface first as a trial run but I forgot. My heart dropped when the signiture started to melt LOL!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to preserve autographs on collectibles?

We tried the same for our "Wedding book". Instead of a guest book, we had 4 heart shaped plates. Had a stack of industrial sharpies for people to sign them with. Went over real well.

I actually bought some clear sealer from a crafts store to preserve the signatures, but I did test it on a spare plate first... and it ran there too. Where it didn't run, it kinda made it brown or double vision type of affect.

As a wood worker (hobby), I think spraying shellac lightly would probably work, at least a base coat. Shellac doesn't do well in the elements, but it may work and dry fast enough to allow a coat of regular clear coat if done carefully. Haven't tested that on the plates though. :) Other option is to put clear packing tape or that 3M car protector film and shoot clear over that. Only risk there is the film wrinkling up, or turning yellow with age.

Just my 2 cents.