PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to EBC....

Chupaca
09-11-2018, 11:45 AM
As you have seen there has been some threads on the infamous front clips for the older brakes on the front of the spyders. I had bought a full set of EBC semi sintered pads for my 2012 RS and changed the rears around 33,000 though they were still good. The fronts how ever are at 42,000 and still good but I had seen many posts where the clips popped off and dissapeared or broke. After reading the post and threads I got in touch with EBC by email and explained that I got my pads from BajaRon at a time when EBC did not have the clips and was willing to buy some to have on hand when time comes to replace the front brakes. Steven Wuller replied and got my address and sent me some clips and decals free of charge. Gotta love companies and employees that will go the extra mile for customers...Thanks again Steve

165619 :bowdown::yes:

BajaRon
09-11-2018, 06:08 PM
... about this very subject. But since you already did, I'm posting here.

I have been selling EBC brake components for many years. They make great stuff! EBC produces the best pads and rotors I have been able to find for the Spyder. Definitely an upgrade over the OEM (and less expensive too!). EBC is the real deal and I have many happy customers.

Over the years I've gotten suggestions to look into other brake component products. And I have done so. But all turned out to be less effective. Some were really horrible! Believe me. If I found a better product I would offer it.

The only real drawback being that EBC pads did not come with retention clips. Usually not a problem as the original clips can be re-used multiple times. But if you broke or lost one, you were toast!

Now, EBC has come through with clips for those who need them. I've been asking EBC for these for quite some time. Turns out BRP had a patent on the clips (which just ran out) so EBC could not make them until now.

This is great news and great customer support!

Thank you EBC! Everyone will be much happier now! :thumbup:

JP58
09-11-2018, 09:20 PM
... about this very subject. But since you already did, I'm posting here.

I have been selling EBC brake components for many years. They make great stuff! EBC produces the best pads and rotors I have been able to find for the Spyder. Definitely an upgrade over the OEM (and less expensive too!). EBC is the real deal and I have many happy customers.

Over the years I've gotten suggestions to look into other brake component products. And I have done so. But all turned out to be less effective. Some were really horrible! Believe me. If I found a better product I would offer it.

The only real drawback being that EBC pads did not come with retention clips. Usually not a problem as the original clips can be re-used multiple times. But if you broke or lost one, you were toast!

Now, EBC has come through with clips for those who need them. I've been asking EBC for these for quite some time. Turns out BRP had a patent on the clips (which just ran out) so EBC could not make them until now.

This is great news and great customer support!

Thank you EBC! Everyone will be much happier now! :thumbup:

Ron I bought rear ebc brake pads from you for my 15 RTS but sold it. Will they fit my 18 F3L.

BajaRon
09-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Ron I bought rear ebc brake pads from you for my 15 RTS but sold it. Will they fit my 18 F3L.

All 2008-2012 Spyders take the same brake pad & rotor set.

All 2013-2018 (and I'm sure the 2019's except for maybe the Ryker, which remains to be seen) take the same pad and rotor set.

So yes. The 2015 pad set will work just fine on your 2018.

irvin48
09-12-2018, 09:41 AM
and if we want clips for the newer pads when we order them we can get them?
'15 rts.--irv

jcthorne
09-12-2018, 10:36 AM
and if we want clips for the newer pads when we order them we can get them?
'15 rts.--irv

2013 and newer do not use the clips.

JP58
09-12-2018, 11:36 AM
All 2008-2012 Spyders take the same brake pad & rotor set.

All 2013-2018 (and I'm sure the 2019's except for maybe the Ryker, which remains to be seen) take the same pad and rotor set.

So yes. The 2015 pad set will work just fine on your 2018.

Thanks Ron.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-12-2018, 12:45 PM
2013 and newer do not use the clips.
That's why I don't remember seeing them from when I changed the pads on mine a couple of months ago! :thumbup:

BajaRon
09-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Only the 2008-2012 Spyder brake pads use or require clips. So 2013 or newer owners are not affected by this.