PDA

View Full Version : Really....🤔

Chupaca
09-10-2018, 09:23 PM
May be just me....but it looks a lot like BRP copied the Honda conversion kit...But hey, there you have it 2 out of 3 under 10 grand...:thumbup: sure makes my RS look better to me all the time....

SilverFox1
09-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Man I love my RTLtd!

SilverFox

al0vely
09-11-2018, 02:38 AM
That new model sure isn't for everyone - I like what I already have. We may add another used F3 in the spring - the prices of used should get even better for buyers - and worse for sellers. I might be on both sides of the coin in the spring.

youngers
09-11-2018, 03:16 AM
it is an odd looking cycle , have to see in person , .... the f-3 look is awesome in itself , this looks like the demo - of what the f-3 started ... just an opinion , love these cycles ,

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 06:38 AM
"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman; as she kissed the cow. :thumbup:

C. Lee
09-11-2018, 06:45 AM
Obviously we all like the current bikes in the line up, we own them. Most of the manufacturers are trying to figure out how to appeal to the younger generation as they will be buying most of the new models. Look at HD and the line up they announced, not much of the conventional bike we're used to see from HD. In fact my oldest son told me that if it had a Harley name on it "it was gay". I certainly don't agree with that statement but the older I get the more I can pick out things that weren't targeted to me and it makes me feel old! Chris

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 06:48 AM
It's technically not a Spyder. Can-Am has created a new brand, it seems.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-11-2018, 06:55 AM
i'm sure brp feels it fits a need but i don't need it.

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Not a brand: just another model. :D

Rob Rodriguez
09-11-2018, 07:12 AM
I agree, lots of similarity to the honda conversion kit (which is butt ugly)

I agree BRP has created a new brand and I'm not sure why? This should be the Spyder F1 or something like that...not the Ryker with its on own brand.

Anything with the Harley name on it is gay. I agree with your son LOL :)

I personally don't care for the styling of the F3. I would never own an RT The seating position of the F3 just doesn't work for me. The RT, well there is too much "stuff" on it and I'm not old enough to appreciate it yet I guess.

The Ryker. It's OK. Not in love with the styling but don't hate it. I like some of the tech on it. For me I'm worried the seating position doesn't have enough adjustment to be non cruiser. If it doesn't then I won't buy it and yet again BRP has left me with ZERO options. I can't be the only person who feels the cruiser seating position is uncomfortable? I'll have to test ride one.

Other than lower prices looks like the RT and F3 people got nothing for 2019. After the BRP connect flop of 2018 (the only thing new in 2018 was the gauges and they failed) the RT and F3 owners might be feeling a bit lonely. With the Ryker intro I think the F3 is on its way out over the next couple of years. I see very few F3's on the road in my area and most dealers I know tell me they sell very few. The RT is what I see and what dealers sell.

Don't get me wrong, my RS isn't perfect but for me its a comfortable riding position that I prefer. The RS keeps gaining miles and years and that scares me in terms of reliability so I'll have to buy something different in the next couple of years. Maybe go back to 2 wheels if BRP can't accommodate a rider like me?

Just some thoughts.

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Not a brand: just another model. :D
I'm pretty sure they are differentiating between Spyder and Ryker. Completely different bike.

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 07:46 AM
So is a Corvette and a Silverado: they're still both Chevrolets. :D

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 08:08 AM
So is a Corvette and a Silverado: they're still both Chevrolets. :D
Corvette vs Cadillac. Different brand.

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 08:18 AM
So who is building it for them? Buell? :roflblack:
It's being marketed under the same brand as the Spyder...

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 08:22 AM
So who is building it for them? Buell? :roflblack:
It's being marketed under the same brand as the Spyder...
Pretty sure they are creating a new brand meant to appeal to an entirely different demographic.

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 08:23 AM

You'd be wrong about that: same website: side by side links. :thumbup:

You're either simply overthinking this; or you're spoiling for a fight over something: which is it?

Navydad
09-11-2018, 08:36 AM
Obviously we all like the current bikes in the line up, we own them. Most of the manufacturers are trying to figure out how to appeal to the younger generation as they will be buying most of the new models. Look at HD and the line up they announced, not much of the conventional bike we're used to see from HD. In fact my oldest son told me that if it had a Harley name on it "it was gay". I certainly don't agree with that statement but the older I get the more I can pick out things that weren't targeted to me and it makes me feel old! Chris

BINGO. This is a ride that will appeal to younger buyers, just look at the new "transformer" motorcycles that are on the showroom floors. I don't like them, but the younger folks are buying them. You have to draw in the new generation or you are going to lose sales, just ask Harley. It is different for a reason and that reason is to attract new and younger customers. Chevrolet builds several different models in order to appeal to different tastes and economic levels and none of you are whining about that. Can Am is trying to broaden it's customer base for the Spyder brand and I think it's a great idea. They could very easily have discontinued the Spyder line because let's face it, they are not exactly making millions off of these things.

jaherbst
09-11-2018, 08:37 AM
"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman; as she kissed the cow. :thumbup:

Very "profound" statement Bob! :joke:

​Jack

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 09:05 AM

You'd be wrong about that: same website: side by side links. :thumbup:

You're either simply overthinking this; or you're spoiling for a fight over something: which is it?

Why does it have to be one or the other? I'm just expressing an opinion.

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 09:22 AM
That's fair... But if it's your opinion: it's ill-informed...
BRP wouldn't cut an entirely new bike loose from the Brand. It needs that support in order to show prospective buyers the History behind the bike. It also helps to tie them to the brand for future purchases. :thumbup:
Regarding your Cadillac/Chevrolet analogy: they compete against one another in the marketplace. Can Am dealers wouldn't want that to happen in this instance. They want a buyer coming in to look at a bike...…. and going home with at least something that says "BRP" on the Badges! :clap:

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 09:44 AM
That's fair... But if it's your opinion: it's ill-informed...BRP wouldn't cut an entirely new bike loose from the Brand. It needs that support in order to show prospective buyers the History behind the bike. It also helps to tie them to the brand for future purchases. :thumbup: Regarding your Cadillac/Chevrolet analogy: they compete against one another in the marketplace. Can Am dealers wouldn't want that to happen in this instance. They want a buyer coming in to look at a bike...…. and going home with at least something that says "BRP" on the Badges! :clap:
There are a number of products that carry the BRP badge, right?

It doesn't matter to me if I'm wrong.

UtahPete
09-11-2018, 09:50 AM
There are a number of products that carry the BRP badge, right?

It doesn't matter to me if I'm wrong.

Maybe the reverse trike is a product line rather than a brand, and the Spyder and Ryker are as different as Chevy cars and pickups?

hgl
09-11-2018, 10:16 AM
I commend BRP on the Ryker. It is clearly intended to be a smaller, lighter, cheaper commuter. An entry level ride. Instead of waiting for for us old farts to put away our 2 wheel bikes and move to the spyder to extend our riding years, BRP is trying to grow spyder riders from the start. Then as their incomes and abilities improve they will hopefully move on to F3s and RTs.

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Maybe the reverse trike is a product line rather than a brand, and the Spyder and Ryker are as different as Chevy cars and pickups?
:agree:...But they're all sold as Chevrolets. :thumbup:

JAS POWER
09-11-2018, 10:23 AM

I feel the same... They are not calling it a Spyder Ryker its simply called the Ryker unlike the others Spyder RS, GS, RS-S, RT, F3, and so on. Its like they have created a brand within a brand. I would like to know what they are thinking with this???

Gonzo5776
09-11-2018, 11:52 AM
The new Ryker is def. not for me as far as looks and power. I love my RSS too much to trade for something like the Ryker, but i will say that i would def. buy one for my wife as a new rider. I give BRP props for coming out with more options to attract different people. Lets face it, there are not that many 3 wheel riders out there.

2RTsGV
09-11-2018, 11:53 AM
I commend BRP on the Ryker. It is clearly intended to be a smaller, lighter, cheaper commuter. An entry level ride. Instead of waiting for for us old farts to put away our 2 wheel bikes and move to the spyder to extend our riding years, BRP is trying to grow spyder riders from the start. Then as their incomes and abilities improve they will hopefully move on to F3s and RTs.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this analogy. It would seem that BRPs focus was set on attracting the younger generation of riders to secure future sales / upgrades as these new riders gain (1) the riding experience & (2) the disire to take up long range touring later on. Kudos to BRP for their foresight and for bringing to market a machine that I believe will achieve their goal.

jnt
09-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Looks to be good also for smaller people.

Gotta ride one . . . .:doorag:

Bob Denman
09-11-2018, 12:11 PM
:agree: Lots of opinions are being based upon only what is seen: not even a minute of "saddle-time" is involved.

ARtraveler
09-11-2018, 01:30 PM
I mentioned this in a different thread: If you look at the models in the Ryker ads--they are looking for a whole new and different demographic.

I am still happy with my RT's because I like the "Cadillac" style ryde and options.

The F3--for me has the "looks," but I never liked the "ergos."

Ryker is a bit on the "bare" side for me. Hoping some people will buy one soon and give us a thorough review. Or, maybe the cycle mags will beat them to it. Rider usually does "new," and the Ryker sure fits that parameter. I don't see a Ryker in my future. I do love my "geezermobiles."

I also have a Vulcan in the garage which gives me the two wheel experience which I missed for awhile.

One again, I am not thinking I need a new RT just to get a more interesting color. It looks like I now have one in a "collector" color (yellow). :roflblack:

When someone buys and drives or just test drives--please let the site know. :yes:

Fearless
09-13-2018, 01:52 AM
Both are GENERAL MOTORS

Corvette vs Cadillac. Different brand.

UtahPete
09-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Both are GENERAL MOTORS
My point exactly. The Ryker and the Spyder are different brands, but both are BRP.

The Holden is GM also isn't it? Nobody would mistake it for a Chevy.