PDA

View Full Version : My Spyder saved me from DEATH

Darren111
09-08-2018, 12:08 PM
On Sunday 2nd September 2018, I took my Spyder out (2015 F3-S ) for a ride out in the city and on the motorway. I decided to take slip road off motorway so that I could join motorway on otherside to return back to my home city Leeds (In the UK). Whilst approaching roundabout I clipped a kerb (My error) I was travelling 30/40mph, me and the Spyder ended up in the air and according to witnesses (I never knew because it happened so quick) I took out two lamp posts. Motorists had stopped to help me including a off duty paramedic, I was then taken away in an ambulance to the nearest hospital. My injuries was a broken right arm, I have had surgery earlier this week and my arm is now in a arm brace and sling. Hospital transported me back home on Thursday 6th September. Attached picture was taken and put on Twitter by TV police interceptor PC Martin Willis, the sign you see in picture now needs to be updated to 34 casualties. I am grateful to be ALIVE and tell you the story.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

gkamer
09-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Glad you're all right. When you consider the alternative, a broken wing is a pretty easy price to pay. Get well soon.

Lew L
09-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Glad you'er alive to tell the story. We have another member and sponsor here who came much closer to meeting her maker after a deer and spyder encounter.

:pray::pray: for both of you.

Lew L

Darren111
09-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Glad you're all right. When you consider the alternative, a broken wing is a pretty easy price to pay. Get well soon.
Thank you. surgery went well, hope to make a full recovery in a few weeks and I am looking forward to going back to work on Monday.

UtahPete
09-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't understand why hitting the curb sent you airborne, or why you think the Spyder saved you from death. What's the rest of the story?

Roadster Renovations
09-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Glad you are OK!
I know my wifes' RT saved her life when she hit a deer.

Darren111
09-08-2018, 12:56 PM
I don't understand why hitting the curb sent you airborne, or why you think the Spyder saved you from death. What's the rest of the story?

Hi Utah, being on 2 wheels could have been a different story maybe???. Did'nt think I was in the air too, but apparently witnesses saw this. I just knew I was flung from the Spyder and lying on the tarmac. Maybe wearing my helmet saved me from death???

Darren111
09-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Glad you are OK!
I know my wifes' RT saved her life when she hit a deer.
Thank You

Bob Denman
09-08-2018, 01:16 PM
:shocked: I am sorry to hear that this happened to you...
But I'm glad to hear that you're going to be okay! :thumbup:

As a fellow member of the "Spyder Crash-Dummy" Club: I genuinely hate to welcome you aboard! :opps:

Darren111
09-08-2018, 01:20 PM
:shocked: I am sorry to hear that this happened to you...
But I'm glad to hear that you're going to be okay! :thumbup:

As a fellow member of the "Spyder Crash-Dummy" Club: I genuinely hate to welcome you aboard! :opps:
Thanks Bob

ARtraveler
09-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Glad to hear you survived the incident. Ejections are never a good thing. IMO--having a helmet on did not hurt in the life saving process. :thumbup:

Chupaca
09-08-2018, 02:20 PM
I join all the others in wishing you a speedy recovery and so glad you are still here to tell us about this experience. These machines do offer a bit more protection and we have seen quite a few making thru some serious accident. Heal well and hope your back out there soon....:pray:

sandeejs
09-08-2018, 02:25 PM
...you are okay, more or less. Hope you feel better soon.
~Sandee~

UtahPete
09-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Hi Utah, being on 2 wheels could have been a different story maybe???. Did'nt think I was in the air too, but apparently witnesses saw this. I just knew I was flung from the Spyder and lying on the tarmac. Maybe wearing my helmet saved me from death???
I'm glad you're okay after being ejected from your bike, however that came about.

youngers
09-08-2018, 05:54 PM
they installed this in creditable piece of work on a route to my place of employment ! what the hell are folks thinking when they decided this is a great invention ? :banghead: ( the insurance companies are surely paying out more repair bills ! ) glad you came out o.k. hope your future rides are lots better !

Pallidus Aranea
09-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Darren,

Glad to hear that you are alive and as well as can be after your indecent. I think that the two worst motorbike accidents I have witnessed were in England. One on the a A59 near Blubberhouses and the second on B6451 near our house in Lindley. The first wasn't so "innocent" - speed, wet tarmac, windy road entering the moors and a lorry. The second - just someone at the wrong place, wrong time and he as forced to kerb and then smashed a grit box.

Speedy recovery.

Darren111
09-09-2018, 02:27 AM
I join all the others in wishing you a speedy recovery and so glad you are still here to tell us about this experience. These machines do offer a bit more protection and we have seen quite a few making thru some serious accident. Heal well and hope your back out there soon....:pray:
Thank you Chupaca

Darren111
09-09-2018, 02:29 AM
...you are okay, more or less. Hope you feel better soon.
~Sandee~
Thank you Sandee

Darren111
09-09-2018, 02:32 AM
they installed this in creditable piece of work on a route to my place of employment ! what the hell are folks thinking when they decided this is a great invention ? :banghead: ( the insurance companies are surely paying out more repair bills ! ) glad you came out o.k. hope your future rides are lots better !
Thanks youngers

Darren111
09-09-2018, 02:34 AM
Darren,

Glad to hear that you are alive and as well as can be after your indecent. I think that the two worst motorbike accidents I have witnessed were in England. One on the a A59 near Blubberhouses and the second on B6451 near our house in Lindley. The first wasn't so "innocent" - speed, wet tarmac, windy road entering the moors and a lorry. The second - just someone at the wrong place, wrong time and he as forced to kerb and then smashed a grit box.

Speedy recovery.
Thanks Pallidus

ARtraveler
09-09-2018, 01:51 PM

They are also popping up all over the place here. I have had three close calls in twenty years. All have been at roundabouts. I now avoid them if I can. :thumbup:

d.o.spyder-rts
09-09-2018, 11:52 PM
I'll also join the others in wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Dale

jerpinoy
09-10-2018, 12:41 AM
God bless you and take to all