PDA

View Full Version : Frunk warning

stmike 1800
09-08-2018, 06:00 AM
Does the warning light come on when the frunk is open ,mine does not.I know the warning comes on for the trunk .

Brentc
09-08-2018, 06:07 AM
Does the warning light come on when the frunk is open ,mine does not.I know the warning comes on for the trunk .
No warning light, that I know of, for the front trunk. I’ve found it unltached on occasion when I reached my destination after forgetting to close properly.

bhern
09-08-2018, 08:19 AM
No warning light, that I know of, for the front trunk. I’ve found it unltached on occasion when I reached my destination after forgetting to close properly.

:thumbup:

In the early days of ownership, when I was thinking of every excuse to use the Spyder to run errands, etc., I picked up a couple of picture frames at a store, thinking they would fit. They didn't, so I drove home with the frunk pulled as close to shut as I could get it. Of course, it would swing open wide at every stop, then return to nearly closed as I accelerated.

That ended the "My Spyder is a pickup truck" phase. :opps:

Chupaca
09-08-2018, 09:10 AM
they did not put a warning on the Frunk because it would tend to stay shut by the wind going down the road and it it should pop up you would notice it. On the other hand the trunk would not and you would not notice it....:dontknow:

JayBros
09-08-2018, 09:44 AM
I rode to the gym the other day after throwing my jock bag in the frunk and did not notice until I got there that it did not latch; a first for me, but the bag was a little fuller than normal.

Navydad
09-08-2018, 10:14 AM

No.

ARtraveler
09-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Not an issue for most. Since the frunk opens to the front--it is not likely to blow open when you go down the road.

Have also left it open a couple times--with no problems. :thumbup:

oldguyinTX
09-08-2018, 06:53 PM
On my 2017 RT-S there is a warning when the top case or one of the saddlebags is not fully closed and latched, but nothing for the frunk.

JayBros
09-08-2018, 07:09 PM
On my 2017 RT-S there is a warning when the top case or one of the saddlebags is not fully closed and latched, but nothing for the frunk.

Same on the '14s. Really like that Champagne Metalic color; not enough to trade up though.

stmike 1800
09-09-2018, 06:44 AM
That is what i thought ,thanks guy's .