PDA

View Full Version : Don't knock 'til ya try it

SpyderSkeets
09-07-2018, 05:02 PM
When I first got my Spyder about a year ago, one of my best friends in NY was giving me the obligatory smack about getting a "real" motorcycle, blah blah blah. I recently rode it to NY and let him ride it. He came back with a smile on his face and for the rest of the time I was there, he couldn't talk nicer about it. He said he has a totally new perspective of them. Same thing for a couple others.

Today, I dropped it off at a garage to get it inspected. When I went to pick it up, the guy who owns the shop and performed my inspection (Nice guy. Long haired Harley type) said "I was going to give you $#it for riding one of those things, but they are actually pretty cool. I'm gonna have to get me one!" And went on about how cool it really was.

'Nuff said

ARtraveler
09-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Lots of people out there with pre-conceived notions. Glad to see you have won some over. :thumbup:

guzzihack
09-07-2018, 06:26 PM
I've had more than one Harley rider, even at Harley dominated events, express a lot of interest in my RT-S. Depends on how open minded they are to something different.

Coke

Chupaca
09-07-2018, 11:37 PM
It's all in the test ryde...:2thumbs:

RykerUSA
09-08-2018, 08:04 AM
I have a Harley trike riding sister who refuses to ryde my spyder for fear that she might like it. Sad but true.:spyder:

MNBK
09-08-2018, 10:58 AM
My brother and our best friend both are dyed in the wool Harley riders and went to the Freewheeler last year. I went to the Spyder. We went to Sturgis this year and were amazed at how I was going thru the curves and how I didn't have to slow down for them. I offered to trade bikes with them for a while but they refused. I have ridden pretty much all brands and styles and am feeling bad for them and their narrow minded opinions. All ican say is "oh well "