PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Can-Am

PMK
09-06-2018, 04:13 AM
Pretty cool man cave or ladies cave. Seller says it still functions and lights up.

Certainly vintage, but honestly, the true Can-Am.

Two cats
09-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Pretty cool man cave or ladies cave. Seller says it still functions and lights up.

did you happen to buy it. Or make him s offer.

Bob Denman
09-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Get one of these to park underneath it, and you can almost be a dealer! :bowdown:

PMK
09-06-2018, 11:59 AM
did you happen to buy it. Or make him s offer.

Not quite that loyal to Can-Am. I would be buying an OSSA sign before the Can-Am one.

2Paw
09-06-2018, 12:19 PM

I would rather have the one hanging on the wall.:D

Bob Denman
09-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Not quite that loyal to Can-Am. I would be buying an OSSA sign before the Can-Am one.
Please tell me that you're also considering taking on Bultaco and Montessa also... :bowdown:

The Spanish Fleet sails once again! :D

PMK
09-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Please tell me that you're also considering taking on Bultaco and Montessa also... :bowdown:

You do realize that both Montesa and Bultaco live on. Montesa is owned by Honda, and is the brand for their trials bikes. Sherco is what Bultaco kind of evolved into.

Have you ever worked on old Spanish dirt bikes. There is a reason as kids we liked Japanese stuff.

My 73 OSSA Mick Andrews Replica resto mod. Awesome fun bike, but the brakes are crap. Street tagged for hoping trails or trials sections if needed.

ARtraveler
09-06-2018, 01:14 PM
This brings back some memories. The place where I bought my first bike ( 1966--Yamaha 80cc) also sold Triumph, BSA, Bultaco, & Montesa.

cdakers
09-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Get one of these to park underneath it, and you can almost be a dealer! :bowdown:

Cool! I had one of those in the 175 version back in the '70's. That engine was a screamer - too bad the suspension was total crapola. After some serious suspension work it became one of my favorite bikes.

Bob Denman
09-06-2018, 02:18 PM
You do realize that both Montesa and Bultaco live on. Montesa is owned by Honda, and is the brand for their trials bikes. Sherco is what Bultaco kind of evolved into.

Have you ever worked on old Spanish dirt bikes. There is a reason as kids we liked Japanese stuff.

My 73 OSSA Mick Andrews Replica resto mod. Awesome fun bike, but the brakes are crap. Street tagged for hoping trails or trials sections if needed.

Actually; I have! :D :thumbup:
A riding buddy of mine collected all of the more esoteric ride.
His stable at one time included:
Penton
Husqvarna
Montessa
Ossa
Bultaco

He currently keeps a Husky tagged for the street: just to remind him how much things have changed...

PMK
09-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Actually; I have! :D :thumbup:
A riding buddy of mine collected all of the more esoteric ride.
His stable at one time included:
Penton
Husqvarna
Montessa
Ossa
Bultaco

He currently keeps a Husky tagged for the street: just to remind him how much things have changed...

Having worked on old Spanish dirt bikes, you understand how cobby some stuff is. Crazy simple while intensely complicated to need special tools for some stuff.

pegasus1300
09-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Montesa only has 1 "s" in it.

PMK
09-06-2018, 04:39 PM

How do you spell Montesa, that would be Honda.

SpyderCruiser
09-06-2018, 04:49 PM
My word this brings back memories. In the late 70's owned a 250 Bultaco dirt bike complete with the neighbor annoying expansion chamber. You guys that are familiar with them know the gear selector was opposite that of a normal bike. You shifted with your right foot! The guy I brought it from wrecked it and tore the gear case off as well as broke his shoulder. I believe his wreck was caused by the mix up between the shifter and brake. That bike hauled butt for only a 250!

Bob Denman
09-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Having worked on old Spanish dirt bikes, you understand how cobby some stuff is. Crazy simple while intensely complicated to need special tools for some stuff.
When in doubt: just dig out the "BFH"! :2thumbs:

PMK
09-06-2018, 05:12 PM
My word this brings back memories. In the late 70's owned a 250 Bultaco dirt bike complete with the neighbor annoying expansion chamber. You guys that are familiar with them know the gear selector was opposite that of a normal bike. You shifted with your right foot! The guy I brought it from wrecked it and tore the gear case off as well as broke his shoulder. I believe his wreck was caused by the mix up between the shifter and brake. That bike hauled butt for only a 250!

The OSSA had shift shaft stubs on both sides of the engine. With option parts it could be left or right foot shift, and opposite brake pedal.

guzzihack
09-06-2018, 06:22 PM

Don't forget Ossa. I had 4 different ones in my younger dirt riding days.

PMK
09-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Don't forget Ossa. I had 4 different ones in my younger dirt riding days.

OSSA discussion and photos further up in the posts.

Motorcycledave
09-06-2018, 08:30 PM
You are correct Paul .....:thumbup: